Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hi Freddy,

Setting attached.

Main differences between this and your warmup one...
  • Dampers/Springs are set harder, with 2.0mm F&R added to the A value.
  • Front damper is set up with Option II SRS/RHS, but if go to 0/1 (A/B) on that damper setting (now at 2/1) gives the same spring rate as Option I at 0/5.
  • Fully cut top deck (I haven't figured out how to re-glue it back together )
  • Different rear diff oil (Losi90 ~1200wt)
  • Didn't use the extra motor mount screws
  • Different Tyres (Sorex28's)

HiH
Ed
Is that really positive 1 degree of toe up front, or negative 1?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
Ok thanks! I think a big different thing is the surface. You drove on asphalt and I on carpet :P
Hi Freddy,

Yup, don't disagree on that at all! My plan has been to try and get a good geometry setup, then tweak the springs/dampers/bars to suit the surface... so far on the right path, should give a good base setting for Thailand.
It's interesting that going softer for carpet seems to be the thing of the moment... had the same with the 417.

Cheers
ed
Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by erchn
Is that really positive 1 degree of toe up front, or negative 1?
Sorry, should be 1deg toe-out... so negative.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, should be 1deg toe-out... so negative.
You were right with positive. Negative would mean toe in. oops

Last edited by Mb3195; 02-07-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Toe
Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hi,
i was wondering if any of you use lubrication on the drivetrain if so what are you's using.
jake
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jake95
hi,
i was wondering if any of you use lubrication on the drivetrain if so what are you's using.
jake
I'm using a light coating of Losi ceramic greese in the gearbox, and a light oiling on the CV's joints. Thats it.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

I'm using a light coating of Losi ceramic greese in the gearbox, and a light oiling on the CV's joints. Thats it.

HiH

Ed
thanks Ed i will try and find some ceramic grease then.
jake
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
Post race - Sub-100 dampeners with the Jaco Blues feels too soft, too much chassis scrub.
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the notes from the "Birds". Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to go too far below 100 gf/mm too but I've been mainly racing with Sweep 32 spec tires on newer ozite carpet. Come to think of it I raced once with the Sweep OG tires at Timezone II raceway and going softer helped but the traction there is high so it makes sense. Hmmm..... Too many variables with different carpet, different tires, different traction compound. Yet I am still puzzled with Freddy's very soft settings on medium traction carpet. He beat Ronald with it... so I'm not disagreeing with it !

Jake D.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake95
hi,
jake
Dry lubricants work great on the gears. Something like this. I also use black grease, AE or Xray for the CVDs.

Ethan
Old 02-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by erchn
Dry lubricants work great on the gears. Something like this. I also use black grease, AE or Xray for the CVDs.

Ethan
hi,
ethan thats what i was thinking of like dry chain/gear lube.As i would think a normal lube will not be able to stay intact with the gearbox properly.
jake
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the notes from the "Birds". Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to go too far below 100 gf/mm too but I've been mainly racing with Sweep 32 spec tires on newer ozite carpet. Come to think of it I raced once with the Sweep OG tires at Timezone II raceway and going softer helped but the traction there is high so it makes sense. Hmmm..... Too many variables with different carpet, different tires, different traction compound. Yet I am still puzzled with Freddy's very soft settings on medium traction carpet. He beat Ronald with it... so I'm not disagreeing with it !

Jake D.
The soft setup is the current thing. The faster cars at Snowbirds all seem to drive on their 'nose' a little bit. Guys are chasing after Yokomo springs to get that Volker-esqe setup.

The setup works well for the classes with more power. I thought the deadened front end was too soft for 17.5 class but felt more at home with boosted car.

Like most setups - there are a lot of variables. But the setup is in the ball park. The Snowbird tires were really inconsistent. You could have pulled 5 sets of tires and 2 sets would have felt the same.

It has been sunny here of late. Hopefully we can get started with our outdoor season early. Anxious to get some asphalt time with this car.

Good thing is there are many ways to get quick with this car.

Any car can win on any Sunday. This past weekend Xray was tops of the field. Mike Haynes looked strong in Expert and Stock while Hagberg checked out on the field in Mod.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
The soft setup is the current thing. The faster cars at Snowbirds all seem to drive on their 'nose' a little bit. Guys are chasing after Yokomo springs to get that Volker-esqe setup.

The setup works well for the classes with more power. I thought the deadened front end was too soft for 17.5 class but felt more at home with boosted car.

Like most setups - there are a lot of variables. But the setup is in the ball park. The Snowbird tires were really inconsistent. You could have pulled 5 sets of tires and 2 sets would have felt the same.

It has been sunny here of late. Hopefully we can get started with our outdoor season early. Anxious to get some asphalt time with this car.

Good thing is there are many ways to get quick with this car.

Any car can win on any Sunday. This past weekend Xray was tops of the field. Mike Haynes looked strong in Expert and Stock while Hagberg checked out on the field in Mod.
Do u know what happened to Naoto?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
He Blew out in every class he ran

EA
Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by defcone
The missed it when it happened. He got shufffled out early in the first corner and then dropped out. The video is on the Snowbirdsnationals.com website. I think it is Video4.

It has been a while since I have seen someone check out like that in the mod main. Hagberg had the total package.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.