Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM TEKIN RS or R1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post TEAM TEKIN RS or R1 ?

looking to go brushless, how do yall like the tekin systems?

whats the difference between sensored and sensorless?

which one is more user friendly?

how does it compare to LRP, and NOVAK system
Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

RS
Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The R1 is sensorless only, I haven't run one so I can't comment on its ease of use or performance. I run an RS, which can run pure sensored only, hybrid mode (sensopred starts then switches to sensorless) or pure sensorless if you just leave the sensor wire disconnected. Ease of use and performance have been stellar for me so far.

I'd go with the RS just for the versatility... I don't think I'd want to run pure sensorless.

Also, if you're going to get an RS, get a hotwire at the same time. THe factory default settings tend toward the mild side... you'll want the hotwire to realize the full potential of the RS. Unless you're going to run real low turn motors, save a few bucks and grab the RS over the RS Pro. The RS can handle anything down to a 5 turn, the RS Pro has no limit.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I started with the R1 Pro in my B4, then later installed the RS Pro in my B44. After running them back to back on race day, I can say the RS Pro is the way to go. Both are user friendly, and highly programmable. The RS Pro will allow a vehicle to accelerate better, especially in situations where the vehicle end up rolling backwards. The R1 pro would hesitate slightly if the vehicle spun out and rolled backward. If I were you I'd spend the extra money and get the Pro version. It can handle any motor. Which is nice to know if you decide to run more horsepower. Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys, i want to run a low turn motor, wich one should i go with. tekin sensored or sensorless , im thinking about a 3.5 turn for top end speed is what im looking for,,,,

also what is a hotwire?

i guess ill go with the rs pro
Old 11-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcaddict02
thanks guys, i want to run a low turn motor, wich one should i go with. tekin sensored or sensorless , im thinking about a 3.5 turn for top end speed is what im looking for,,,,

also what is a hotwire?

i guess ill go with the rs pro
The hotwire is a cable and a computer program so you can hook your tekin speed controller to the computer. What this allows you to do is mess around with the setting easyer as well as update your speed controller. For example lets say next year tekin comes out with a new version of software for the rs you can update yours to be just as good makeing the esc ageless.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
The hotwire is a cable and a computer program so you can hook your tekin speed controller to the computer. What this allows you to do is mess around with the setting easyer as well as update your speed controller. For example lets say next year tekin comes out with a new version of software for the rs you can update yours to be just as good makeing the esc ageless.

thanks crewman, do you have a link to where i can view the hotwire and purchase.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcaddict02
thanks crewman, do you have a link to where i can view the hotwire and purchase.
sure no problem

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=TEKTT1450