R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default First competition spec touring car.

Looking to save up for a competition touring car, looking at a 'Schumacher Mi3.5 RACE' going for 190.

Would you say this is the best car for that price range?

I've had a look at Associated TC5's, TC4's, TRF415's aswell but the Schumacher seems to catch my eye the most.

So yeah, the best car for this price?

Please feedback, thanks
Limerick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Tech Master

Dude,

I guess you want to race at a club and not bash around.
If you want to race first check out what the locals are running and which brands are best supported (for parts/service) at your local hobby shop.
You might also consider a good used car.

Other then that this topic will probably turn into a pissing contest since everyone has different tastes, favourites and opinions.

Most high end cars (no matter the brand), even an older model, will do great.

As for the price, well this forum is as globall as can be, so everyones perspective of costs will differ.

Check out a local club and talk to some guys. The best advice imo.
Good luck.
PizzaDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Dude,

I guess you want to race at a club and not bash around.
If you want to race first check out what the locals are running and which brands are best supported (for parts/service) at your local hobby shop.
You might also consider a good used car.

Other then that this topic will probably turn into a pissing contest since everyone has different tastes, favourites and opinions.

Most high end cars (no matter the brand), even an older model, will do great.

As for the price, well this forum is as globall as can be, so everyones perspective of costs will differ.

Check out a local club and talk to some guys. The best advice imo.
Good luck.
Hi, yeah i race at a local club on an indoor tight carpet track. Most cars there are X-ray T2's or Losi XXX's, there's a few Corally RDX's but they're outta my price range, my LHS has a LOT of stock of everything you could want (Schumacher, Losi, Tamiya etc.) So ability to get spares is out of the question.

I've already got a TA05 which i bought new and have been racing for a few months now so this is going to be my 3rd car including my old TL01.

But if your saying most high end cars will perform the same then i guess the Schumacher will do :P

Anyone else got any info?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

All the cars you mentioned are capable of doing a great job, if spares are not an issue, the Schumacher should be great for you. I loved my Schumachers (Axis2, and Mission) but where I am it was near impossible to get parts without mail-ordering so I don't race them anymore.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Tamiya 416 is probally the best car on the market but that will cost you about $700 compared to the $550 for an MI3........And according to the sponsered guys the only class that the 416 is better than other TCs is mod

Also MI3 IMO are the easiest car to work on.......a full rebuild i cando it in 1 hour 50mins and with my old TA05 took over 3 and a half hours

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
The Tamiya 416 is probally the best car on the market but that will cost you about $700 compared to the $550 for an MI3........And according to the sponsered guys the only class that the 416 is better than other TCs is mod

Also MI3 IMO are the easiest car to work on.......a full rebuild i cando it in 1 hour 50mins and with my old TA05 took over 3 and a half hours
Thanks for replying, you said about the Mi3 being the easiest car to work on, that is GREAT, i only have about 10 minutes in between each race at my local race track so getting the car sorted in as minimal time as possible is important.

And about the 416, yeah i think it is a bit expensive, its 300 over here (UK) where as the Mi3 is only 180, nearly half the price!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

im hearing that the mi3 is too brittle. i drove a tc5r for a little time and smashed it into a wall so hard i thought i was done. nope not a scratch.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It is as strong as my dad cant even break it and if you now him it MUST be strong and i have never seen an MI3 break but i have seen a few TC5 stop due to there CVDS

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote