Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
A W E S O M E ! Very nice work, thanks for sharing!

Some feedback from myself of the 3racing wings:
The rear wing is a real plus. The rear is strongly planted and allows for early acceleration.
The front wing is the opposite. It seems to have no real effect, maybe even less downforce than the original Ferrari front wing

Try angling the front wing up at the back done buy trimming the wing support by about 1/2 a millimetre OR placing a washer or plastic on the rear of the wing bumper attachment but leave the front in the same position you will be surprised, the angle it is on is doing you no favours by your pics it is dead flat, may even be slightly leaning back giving it an up draft effect . When I first put it on the SERPENT it was lifting at the front at high speeds making the steering useless after playing with the angle it is great now, this is where rc F1 is great because you can do your own R&D
Old 08-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
Try angling the front wing up at the back done buy trimming the wing support by about 1/2 a millimetre OR placing a washer or plastic on the rear of the wing bumper attachment but leave the front in the same position you will be surprised, the angle it is on is doing you no favours by your pics it is dead flat, may even be slightly leaning back giving it an up draft effect . When I first put it on the SERPENT it was lifting at the front at high speeds making the steering useless after playing with the angle it is great now, this is where rc F1 is great because you can do your own R&D
Thanks man!!! Cool idea

On the funny side, my brain came up with a similar idea yesterday, while thinking about what to do. Compared to your suggestion I overdone it, but I tested it today and for the hard ETS Ride front tires this is working well. I can speak of front bite now

Your Serpent must be unbeatable now. My friend drove his Serpent today and he doesn't need to brake at all He will give me a hard time once he gets used to F1 driving
Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default 3 racing wings

Has anyone tried 3 racings other wing option, the low rear wing, and the narrow front wing that bows out from the center?
Old 08-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by G-rem
How do you cut your tyres? What kind of knife are you using?
Proxxon with cutting disc
Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tdu verney
Has anyone tried 3 racings other wing option, the low rear wing, and the narrow front wing that bows out from the center?
No I have not tried those wings as yet and probably wont as I am very happy with what I've got now.

With front I prefer the wider one

- The front wider or original ones have more surface area creating more down force even as little as they do compared to the shorter versions and give more protection to the front wheels not catching on the track boarders when you go off line, glances off instead of grabbing the wheel and spinning out

- with the rear the same in down force the lower one gives less I feel

Just personnel feelings some others have a different outlook on these ideas

If you try them gives us all some feed back
Old 08-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
Thanks man!!! Cool idea

On the funny side, my brain came up with a similar idea yesterday, while thinking about what to do. Compared to your suggestion I overdone it, but I tested it today and for the hard ETS Ride front tires this is working well. I can speak of front bite now

Your Serpent must be unbeatable now. My friend drove his Serpent today and he doesn't need to brake at all He will give me a hard time once he gets used to F1 driving
Gezz is your nickname HACKMOTO you have gone the extra mile with what you have done to the wing but in saying that it would work as well but leaves me with the question is it as strong now with all those cut areas done.

At least with mine I can create more angle or less just by adding or removing the the spacers under the wing.

Let me know how it goes in race conditions..................
Old 08-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Source
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Acid_CZ
Interesting....
Old 08-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Acid_CZ
Good to see a big company getting involved with RC F1, but did they have to do the stupid new nose body? maybe I'm just old school . Other body is good though
Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I just laughed when they described it as the "Penis-shaped" nose and then disabled commentary on RedRC
Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Protoform was in the F1 game 20 years ago. I still have an unpainted McLaren and an unpainted Benetton body from around 1994.

Scott
Old 08-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

I wonder if they are going to have their own front and rear wings too.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am definitly looking forward to this bodies. I wonder which one will look better in the official pictures...

I just came back from our Clubrace day. As a little surprise I was in command against my Serpent driving friend. My TRF101w-style 190mm front end works surprisingly great (see pic above). I could drive into the corner as hard as his Serpent. The Reedy motor with 45* timing made the difference and gave me an advantage on our straight On 20* timing I was a little slower on the straight than his Hobbywing motor, but we had a close fight nevertheless

I am not sure why the TRF front axle style functions this well... I theory I would say the Serpent front axle should give better angle changes while cornering...

Someone knows an answer to this
Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here is some breaking news from the UF1 Midwest series
2014/2015 UF1 MIDWEST SCHEDULE

SEPT 27-28 NORCAR Racing at The Gate - Brunswick, OH
OCT 25-26 - Alpha RC - Carbondale, IL
NOV 15-16- ProLevel R/C - St Louis,MO
JAN 17-18 Hobby Stop West -Toledo OH
FEB 21-22 Harbor Hobbies - Winthrop Harbor,IL
APRIL 18-19 Summit R/C RACEWAY-Ft Wayne,IN
These will all be 2 day events, each day is a separate race program.
So in total there are 12 race days. You will need to compete in 8 race days to be eligible for the cash payout for the top 10 in points.
I have tried to balance the events so that you can complete most of the required races on your side of the midwest. Ft Wayne seemed like a good middle ground for everyone to get their 4th race in.
Also the support class at every UF1 Midwest venue will be USGT, as a bonus all events will be counted towards the USGT National Points system.
Any questions feel free to message me or send me an email
[email protected]
Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Here is some breaking news from the UF1 Midwest series
2014/2015 UF1 MIDWEST SCHEDULE......
Any questions feel free to message me or send me an email
[email protected]
I hear the Tamiya "TCS" tire will be the new spec tire...can you confirm this??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.