R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #9346
Tech Adept
 
The Big Wig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: A.K.A. Barry White
Posts: 150
Default

How cool are these! Turning, tilting head and moving steering wheel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q--9vVlEbs
The Big Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #9347
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

That is cool! Is that a 1 off scratch build or is someone selling those?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #9348
Tech Adept
 
The Big Wig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: A.K.A. Barry White
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
That is cool! Is that a 1 off scratch build or is someone selling those?
I think scratch
The Big Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #9349
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Well, I'm not super obsessed about having the perfect McLeran body, which is why I'm wondering if I can skip out on the pontoon fiasco. I was hoping to have the body ready for Saturday, but now I don't think that's going to happen either way. So, I'll just watch you


I will bring an extra body set you can borrow if that is the only thing that will make you sit on the sideline.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #9350
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
I will bring an extra body set you can borrow if that is the only thing that will make you sit on the sideline.
Well, this season will be my first non-novice and I have a Scale Spec car ready to go. I picked up the SP1 last week to also do F1 with you guys, as that looked awesome last season. So, I have a car to race, and it may actually make sense for me to worry about one chassis the first night. But, I can bring the SP1 chassis for you (and others) to look over and maybe doublecheck my setup. I don't believe we've met yet?
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #9351
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I seem to have lost all of my bookmarks, can someone post some tuning guides for the F1 cars? I'm running an F1R, so if someone has some side link specific guides that would be awesome
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #9352
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Well, this season will be my first non-novice and I have a Scale Spec car ready to go. I picked up the SP1 last week to also do F1 with you guys, as that looked awesome last season. So, I have a car to race, and it may actually make sense for me to worry about one chassis the first night. But, I can bring the SP1 chassis for you (and others) to look over and maybe doublecheck my setup. I don't believe we've met yet?
The bodies do look much better and "scale" with the side pods added on. Yes, takes more work but worth it in the long run. However, the usual F1 groups are usually happy to see a new person join their ranks than worry about what their F1 body looks like. You may want to just do the simple 1-pc body to start. You will need to attach the air scoop and the two engine cowling side pieces. I use the kit supplied double back clear tape for the side engine cowling pieces and a glue called "GOOP" that Lowe's sells for the air scoop. It comes in a small purple tube and I think it is even better than Shoe Goo. Glue the stuff on, let it squeeze out from the edges, use some tape to hold the scoop in place and it will be dry by the next morning. Then you can just roll the excess off the body by rubbing with your finger and a little motor spray to clean up any light excess. I use the same for the side pods and barge boards and don't worry, the barge boards are very durable. I practice and race weekly at my local carpet track and my practice body is one I painted up about 1-1/2 years ago. I just eventually break a rear wing or bend up too badly the front wing and you can buy those separate. Once you get to racing and more comfortable with the car, then you can take your time to paint up a pretty race body and use your first one as a practice body.

From the Washington F1 guys I met at the Tamiya Nationals last month, I would say you have a pretty good group of guys to race with. Just watch out for a So Cal guy coming up named Marcos. He always has these wild conspiracy theories about Ferrari. Seriously though, Marcos is a great guy and we are going to miss him from the So Cal F1 scene.

Here's a couple of McLaren's and a Ferrari F60 I have done up.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8011.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8013.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-gallery_d1_018.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-gallery_d1_025.jpg  
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #9353
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Marcos will be my teammate this winter season.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #9354
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
Marcos will be my teammate this winter season.
We will all pray for you. That means your team cars will either be Saubers or Vodafone McLarens. Marcos will be Checho and you will be "the other guy".

Panda
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #9355
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,138
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Wig View Post
How cool are these! Turning, tilting head and moving steering wheel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q--9vVlEbs
Awesome!!! Would be nice to have a guide how to do this
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #9356
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
The bodies do look much better and "scale" with the side pods added on. Yes, takes more work but worth it in the long run. However, the usual F1 groups are usually happy to see a new person join their ranks than worry about what their F1 body looks like. You may want to just do the simple 1-pc body to start. You will need to attach the air scoop and the two engine cowling side pieces. I use the kit supplied double back clear tape for the side engine cowling pieces and a glue called "GOOP" that Lowe's sells for the air scoop. It comes in a small purple tube and I think it is even better than Shoe Goo. Glue the stuff on, let it squeeze out from the edges, use some tape to hold the scoop in place and it will be dry by the next morning. Then you can just roll the excess off the body by rubbing with your finger and a little motor spray to clean up any light excess. I use the same for the side pods and barge boards and don't worry, the barge boards are very durable. I practice and race weekly at my local carpet track and my practice body is one I painted up about 1-1/2 years ago. I just eventually break a rear wing or bend up too badly the front wing and you can buy those separate. Once you get to racing and more comfortable with the car, then you can take your time to paint up a pretty race body and use your first one as a practice body.

From the Washington F1 guys I met at the Tamiya Nationals last month, I would say you have a pretty good group of guys to race with. Just watch out for a So Cal guy coming up named Marcos. He always has these wild conspiracy theories about Ferrari. Seriously though, Marcos is a great guy and we are going to miss him from the So Cal F1 scene.

Here's a couple of McLaren's and a Ferrari F60 I have done up.

Panda
Damn man, those are some NICE paint jobs you've got there! I think that even if I took my time, I wouldn't have something even half as nice. I was going to go for a simple two-tone scheme this first time around, since I've never even driven an F1 on the track before. I'm sure the body will get some abuse, so I won't feel as bad then. Seeing how I won't have it in time for this weekend, I technically have two more weeks to finish it. So, I'll spend some extra time on it for sure. But, in terms of strength, I'm still leaning towards the 1-piece, instead of the glued-on pontoons. Though I may regret that (look wise) in the future.

And yes, we have some awesome F1 guys up here, so I'm looking forward to learning all I can from them
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #9357
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Metalnut-If you are using F1 Paintlabs or Tamiya decals you have my mobile, text or call I can give you a few hints and tips.

Kevin your paint is always dialed, take another trip up here for some rug racing. Our UF1 series is just starting up and you'll feel at home with Marcos to avoid... Bill is talking about making a run up here too.
__________________
UF1 Seattle - SPEEDWERKES - VBC Racing - Team ORCA
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #9358
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Recently completed my F1Ultra, but decided to get rid of it! Also, yes Panda, this was what the car I got from you morphed in to LOL

PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #9359
Tech Adept
 
Tracy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I am looking to find this product: Rsector SR-F104-001 High Capacity LiPo Conversion for the F104/W/PRO/X1 cars (http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2680). TQ RC had it in stock before I bought my F104X1, they say it is now discontinued. It would work perfect for me since I use a Reedy 5500 2S LiPo for my X1 and am looking for a way to do quicker battery changes.
Is it truly discontinued?? If not, where can I find one??
If it is truly discontinued, is there anything on the market similar to it that might work just as well??
__________________
TRex chassis with McAllister Xfinity Ford Mustang
Member of WRCRC
Authorized HobbyWing, Gens Ace batteries, McAllister Racing Bodies, and Precision Racing Systems dealer: BroeckerRacing@Gmail.com
www.facebook.com/BroeckerRacing
Tracy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #9360
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser View Post
Metalnut-If you are using F1 Paintlabs or Tamiya decals you have my mobile, text or call I can give you a few hints and tips.

Kevin your paint is always dialed, take another trip up here for some rug racing. Our UF1 series is just starting up and you'll feel at home with Marcos to avoid... Bill is talking about making a run up here too.
Thanks Dan. I you guys get a TCS race on the rug (I still miss SIR ), You can sign me up now. If I do not blow all my vacation time and cash on a trip to visit family for New Years next January in China, I know where my secondary travel plans will be.

Metalnut - if you have two weeks, definitely add the side pods. If you check out the other F1 guys this weekend, you will see how strong the body is with the added side pods and how much better it looks.

Promodvette - so that is what you have been up to. Always nice to see my past chassis still getting good use.

Panda
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 09-21-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0