Community
Wiki Posts
Search

las vegas rc race tracks

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default las vegas rc race tracks

hey guys im new the this forum, but im a long time rc racer, im moving to vegas and i need to know if there are any tracks for the local racers to race on. im big on dirt oval and paved oval, kinda new to the on-road racing... let me know if there are any tracks avalible for the local racers to race at. thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The only oval here in vegas is a quarter scale oval, in boulder city, about 10 min outside vegas. There is also a dirt track for 1/8th scale buggy and truggy there as well, its where the silverstate nitro challenge is held. Theres is also a onroad track at the silverbowl, mainly gas 1/8 scale, there is also a dirt track there as well mainly gas 1/8 buggy and truggy. I heard there is a new indoor track in the works but dont know the specifics about it. There is also hobbytown on decatur and sahara, they hold parking lot races but recently had some problems so I dont know what the deal is there, its onroad every other friday, but like I said they had some problems recently and dont know whats going on.....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This isn't a r/c track, but is a cool place to race electric go-karts indoors (nice in the summer in vegas) - http://www.polepositionraceway.com/

Was just on vacation out there a few weeks ago and had a lot of fun. This is located a little way from the strip and worth a trip if you are in the area. I doubt they would let anyone race r/c cars on the track, but the facility was designed in such a way that it was possible. At least they might know of other race tracks in the area.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hobbytown racing will be postponed until they fix their transponder system. Apparently the cord that connects the start/finish sensor to the computer got trampled by participants two weeks ago.

I'm planning on getting my friends together for some parking lot fun near my house (W Cheyenne & I-215) this weekend. We all drive 1/10 electric sedans, but any r/c is welcome. Typically the track is drawn in chalk for some simple wheel-to-wheel as well as time-attack via stopwatch. Feel free to PM me if anybody's interested...

I'm shootin' for Saturday morning, but I've yet to talk to anybody about it...

-Sean
Old 07-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Chuck's correct on the Silverbowl. www.4acesracing.net the major Club here with nitro & 1/8th. Few month back tthe Ron Paris Memorial was held, a yearly meet. Hope you like the heat!! at 110+ degrees!! Cuz Chuck and I are experience with it!!! lol!! Indoor track there is one where Chuck said and another one in N.LV.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

cutting edge indoor rc is no longer, they locked up a while ago.........Hopefully there is a new one in the works, well see......
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was just in Las Vegas last year and every phonebook, every track listing on the net turned up a closed up shop. My wife was pretty pissed that I spent a better half a day looking for tracks when I should have been burning money at MGM.

Next time I am out there I'll hit up 4Aces
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

For those who didn't already know, asphalt racing has resumed at Hobbytown (Sahara & Decatur). Next race is tomorrow evening (Friday). Show up around 5pm...

See you there!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

When is the next race? Is there a 12th scale class and what are the rules?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They're typically isn't a 12th scale class.
They're is usually sedan, expert and sportsman. Micro (rs4 and m18) and 18th scale. We are trying to keep a spec 18r class.
The rules are loosely enforced, except the one about peeing behind the building.
The next hobbytown race is next friday. Sign ups close at 6.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the races are every TWO weeks. That puts the next one on the 19th...

See you guys there...

PS: Feel free to bring some 12th scale along and some friends. If you have enough people (4 or more) we can make a separate class. Otherwise they will probably stick you in "Gearbox" to run with buggies and other random cars...

I will have my buddy Jeff get his RC12L4 ready and bring it along just in case!!!