Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO BALANCER RECOMENDATIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default LIPO BALANCER RECOMENDATIONS?

I just switched to a lipo pack and the GFX Charger I have has lipo charging capability but cannot balance them. Can anyone recomend a good lipo balancer. I purchased a SMC 4000 28c 2cell lipo pack. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Do you want quick or slow?

If slow is ok then get a blinky balancer. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdID=AST106

you have to make an adapter plug but this will make it as balanced as they come.

Also with the gfx make sure you always use the external voltage leads when charging. If you dont you can over charge your lipo.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just borrow the guys sitting next to you. if he says no wait till his heat is up and just grab it. only takes a minute with good cells and balancer

seriously, i just use the equinox from electrifly, cheap, easy and fast. google 'cell pro' or align (the helicopter guys) they have a nice one also
Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
just borrow the guys sitting next to you. if he says no wait till his heat is up and just grab it. only takes a minute with good cells and balancer

seriously, i just use the equinox from electrifly, cheap, easy and fast. google 'cell pro' or align (the helicopter guys) they have a nice one also
+1 on the equinox, but Check Point also sells the exact same equinox just with their stickers on it......
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah, THIS one for sale. That would be your wisest decision without a doubt.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I just switched to a lipo pack and the GFX Charger I have has lipo charging capability but cannot balance them. Can anyone recomend a good lipo balancer. I purchased a SMC 4000 28c 2cell lipo pack. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can balance your lipo with the GFX but you have to change the setting to 1C instead of 2C, to do so you would put the + lead to your + on the pack and the - on the balance lead and charge, after you are done with that cell put the + lead from you charger to the balance lead and the - lead to - side on your pack and after your cell is done your pack is balance.