Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I don't believe in being "politically correct"; and you are right; HPI, AndyH, or whoever, never should have teased us with these bodies if they were unwilling to show them! Very unprofessional! I know what I'm talking about because I myself am a professional sales and marketing rep, and that is something you don't do!

I'm not begging HPI to do anything; I'm asking that they do what's right here!
Also, I'm not going to back off or apologize for calling them on this. That is a big part of the problems we have in America these days; everyone is afraid to say what they think, they prefer to be "politically correct" and allow "Corporate America" to treat us all like crap. It's no wonder the country is in the mess it's in; we the people just let them get away with it! This thing with HPI is only a small example of what I'm getting at. Instead of telling me to back off, you and others should be joining me.

So, back to you AndyH; any response?
You do realize you are throwing a hissy over some pieces of lexan that go on TOY cars right?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tread1
You do realize you are throwing a hissy over some pieces of lexan that go on TOY cars right?
Some people's lives are so empty these little things mean so much. He's probably buying his trenchcoat and machine gun right now in preparation for storming HPI corporate HQ.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now who's acting childish! Let's all act like school kids and call names, etc. We're all just so funny and clever with our putdowns. Yeah, that's real adult!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

If we can get back on topic does anyone know if the Parma 69 Camaro has been dicontinued? I can't find it on their web site
Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

First of all apologies if anyone (...Lotus) feels like we're playing "Corporate Head Games".

Truth be told, I thought (perhaps I'm completely wrong on this one) that by sharing some info on upcoming news and showing that we're not completely oblivious to the popularity of the Vintage Class...that we would actually not just be "Faceless Giant Corporations" etc etc....

Although I will most certainly make a note of that and not "share" or drop hints anymore since that seems to be deemed cruel and unusual punishment etc etc... I would like to at least remind those "professionals" out there that while some of you might take it as a negative...and feel like you're being "toyed" with... Myself and I'm only speaking for myself on this one...encounter these "teasers" (and are excited by them..) all the time..everything from Forza Motorsports guys dropping hints on new car packs....to the Sony guys still promising the world with GT5...to your run of the mill Hollywood viral teasers....it gives me something look forward to and ponder on those long solo training rides on my road bike

So enough of that on my part...

Rest assured that we at hpi have not gone out of our way to try to make anyone's lives miserable. Again I, Andy H, was just simply trying to make sure that you guys know that we're working on new stuff for you...since we do realize that there has not exactly been regular releases of new Vintage bodies.

In regards to the 69 Camaro, Europe wanted to show the bodies at the Nurnburg Toy Fair even though it was still some ways away..so we had to show them.

Thanks,

AndyH
Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Andy its cool,99.9% of us really enjoy the sneak peeks.Don't let a very small number of whiners with their panties in a bunch get you down.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tread1
Andy its cool,99.9% of us really enjoy the sneak peeks.Don't let a very small number of whiners with their panties in a bunch get you down.
Yea what he said LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
Yea what he said LOL
That's what she said. or I said or whatever. Bring on the teaser pics, my bodies last nearly a whole season anyway!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well don't worry, I won't bring it up again! I find it interesting that I supposedly "badgered" Andy and HPI regarding these bodies, but yet I never resorted to name calling and making the immature accusations that I have seen some of you post regarding me. Did you never graduate from school or something? That is the kind of thing I would expect from grade school or junior high kids, not adults! I'm addressing this to smokefan, Tread1, Timbulb, k_bojar and anyone else who can't seem to help resorting to childish and immature name calling to "shout" someone down who dares to speak out.

So have your little playground all to yourselves
Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Andy - don't take away our teaser/trailers like it was said 99.99% of us like them - and it gives us something to say "hey, that looks pretty damn cool and I can't wait to get it"

and Lotus, I never called you any names just told you to chill the hell out
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well don't worry, I won't bring it up again! I find it interesting that I supposedly "badgered" Andy and HPI regarding these bodies, but yet I never resorted to name calling and making the immature accusations that I have seen some of you post regarding me. Did you never graduate from school or something? That is the kind of thing I would expect from grade school or junior high kids, not adults! I'm addressing this to smokefan, Tread1, Timbulb, k_bojar and anyone else who can't seem to help resorting to childish and immature name calling to "shout" someone down who dares to speak out.

Not name calling just agreeing that you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch over lexan
Old 06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

You know what they say,"don't go away mad......."
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Javelin/AMX..................
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey All, got a question and maybe a suggestion. Many of us have collections or have found resources for vintage Trans Am car pictures. Maybe we could start posting some links to those resources ?? I know I recently started looking for some pics of Pantera's that raced and found a great one but it took awhile. A central "library" would be great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.