Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im surprised I havent seen a Lee done on the Cuda body...w/o stars and bars..lol
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
not the right thread but painting up a rx7 for rcgt...
I still want to see it.

And a General Lee isnt with out the Rebel flag on the roof. Dont let haters and racist and over all idiots convince you that the rebel flag is a symbol of hatred. Its a stolen symbol. Take it back.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree.. lets take it back. I have actually seen pics up here in detroit of someone who turned a new challenger into a general lee. It was truely one of a kind.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I still want to see it.

And a General Lee isnt with out the Rebel flag on the roof. Dont let haters and racist and over all idiots convince you that the rebel flag is a symbol of hatred. Its a stolen symbol. Take it back.
ok...but you know how some get...I was trying to be the medium...lol
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

speaking of stolen symbols... I want the rainbow back!

There was a post in another paint thread of a kick ass general lee months ago....w/ paint peeling off and had the general underneth.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

yeah..the rainbow...seems like that wasnt even fair...since Ive got girls...my sis had Rainbow Brite toys...guess that wont fly now-a-days..uhhh
Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
speaking of stolen symbols... I want the rainbow back! ....
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
yeah..the rainbow...seems like that wasnt even fair...since Ive got girls...my sis had Rainbow Brite toys...guess that wont fly now-a-days..uhhh
Yeah...the nerve of Gordon to ruin the Rainbow image
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

there went my milk...lmao
Old 04-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Well I see it like this, Personally I believe all races are equal. Theres genius and idiocy in every race and nationality. We all have made great contributions and we all have our shames. I dont care what color you are, period.

Now about that Flag. About a century and a half ago there were some states that felt like they were being taxed too much and not given a fair share of the represenation in the government. They decided to split from the United States as they had a constitutional right to do so and they were attacked. They fought and they lost. Their battle flag was the stars and bars, known today as the Confederate AKA Rebel flag. The civil war was not about slavery. Really. At least not completely. It was an issue that the south especially struggled with in itself. The Emancipation proclamation wasnt issued until later in the war and it was done to gain the man power of armed slaves.

After the South lost the war new issues sprung up. Black slaves gained freedom and then rights. But they had to fight for those rights and they were treated horribly by a bunch of racist covered in sheets and flying, guess what, the stars and bars. They were ashamed to show their faces but they proudly flew a flag that didnt belong to them. They literally tortured and killed their neigbors of African ancestry. No wonder blacks are offended by the Rebel flag. The Flag itself however today is largely misunderstood.

So hear me when I say that if you believe that you are better than another person because they are a different race than you, then you are a racist. I might also mention that makes you an ignorant punk. So go get a swastika tattoo and give me back my Rebel Flag.

(Historical accuracy and detail may vary)
Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

you are welcome to come and teach my Bilble study class anytime...I do 10-12 boys and girls..alot of inner city and its hard to get that and other points across because of medis,music, and bad parents...

but back to topic...Ive got all 5 bodies done for this Sunday's race..will post later..cya
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Sorry I just had too.

By the way does anybody have any cool VTA pics to put up?????
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Shoe Goo vs. Liquid Nails???

Anyone who has bought more than 1 HPI Cuda or Mustang has discovered the benefits of Shoe Goo. However, one of the downsides is that it seems to react negatively with some paint (such as Testors Model Masters paint).

Originally I thought the issue was that the paint didn't have time to properly cure before applying the Shoe Goo. I tested that theory this morning with a body that was painted months ago. The Shoe Goo still reacted poorly with the Model Masters paint that had been covered by Pactra Sprint white.

Recently I was in a local hardware store (Menards) and they had a sale on Liquid Nails - Small Projects & Repairs Adhesive Clear LN-275 (http://www.liquidnails.com/products/...p?productId=48). The tube looked similar to the tubes of Shoe Goo and with a rebate it was only a $1.

So far I've only tested applying the Liquid Nails to a beat up Camaro body. I tend to beat the head lights in and eventually crack that part of the body. I applied a liberal amount of the Liquid Nails into the corner of the inside of the body and let it dry. What I noticed is that it dries faster and firmer. This may not be a bad thing for the front of a 'Cuda. I also tested applying it to the section of my body that had Model Masters paint without any noticeable problem. Shoe Goo seems to melt paint. The Liquid Nails did not reactive negatively with the Pactra White or Model Masters AMC Big Bad Blue.

I will do some more testing, but it looks like this may be an option for me for the next 'Cuda body that I paint.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Not exactly VTA material, but I wanted to build a toy.

This is the project that I started with the Shelby tail lights. I actually cut the lens part out of the graphic (Which is an internal sticker) The plan was to paint it Candy red and then back light it. We will see how that goes.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-dscn5655.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-dscn5656.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-dscn5658.jpg  
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

I may try this again with the Shelby tail light configuration, but the next time it will only be a graphic in the back and the car will be a silver or maybe a gun metal.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Not exactly VTA material, but I wanted to build a toy.

This is the project that I started with the Shelby tail lights. I actually cut the lens part out of the graphic (Which is an internal sticker) The plan was to paint it Candy red and then back light it. We will see how that goes.
that's cool looking - and not too off original colors..I saw a real 'candy' purple 68/69 Camero the other day, so you color's not too far off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.