Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR NATIONALS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
That is just belligerent of the people that did not make the trip for that reason.

don't confuse belligerent with being honest. I have no desire to attend a race in... oh lets say, nome alaska. i know a bit extreme but you get the point.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

lots of good comments going on here, good debates, but lets not get to heavy into pissing matches. please and thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I see your point, but I just don't "get" it. First and foremost the race is about RACING, and then... to me... comes the location. When I have travelled to any race... I see the Airport.. the Hotel and the Track.... I go to race...

Originally Posted by skypilot
don't confuse belligerent with being honest. I have no desire to attend a race in... oh lets say, nome alaska. i know a bit extreme but you get the point.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah, I hear ya, but Arkansas is a fair amount different. It may not be a normal Vacation destination, but it is about as central as we are going to get... for Flying or Driving...

When this venue was considered... well that was one of the MANY strong points...

Originally Posted by skypilot
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I still say the Hoilday Inn doesn't care if you have a place to race the week after the nats but that HOBBY shop and the Track WILL be there if you want to race the next weekend!

I do think that having the race around the same time every year is good.

Move it around just as it does now. West Coast, Mid-America and then East Coast.

Roar needs to pay closer attention to where the races are..Ex. Don't have the Asphalt and Carpet Nats in Cali. the same year! Have the asphalt in Cali and the carpet race in Mid or eastcoast. Next year they move. If you have both in the same area you are only hurting BOTH!

ROAR Nationals are to decide who is the BEST in the US that year, right? So wouldn't that include have a new venue and track each year? To see who can adapt and be the BEST, not I ran there last year so I got a better understanding and chance this year if its at the same place two years in a row.

If you are one of the ones who looks and basis your attendence on whats to do around the track and the entertainment away from the track.. Don't we all want to unwind after the race day, sure. But lets be honest, after the day of being at the track what do you really do...Go out to eat then back to the room to wrench for the next day! I have yet to goto a track that didn't have a resturant close by....

Insead of ROAR looking at "hotel" races to cheapin the cost factor, They should look at cutting the race length from Wed-Sun. to just Fri, Sat. Sun? Works in Europe.

Instead of a $80 entry per class with no hand out motor or tires, have a $40 entry. The savings right there would buy you almost two sets of tires at some races...

If the cost of Rentals is a problem for you to attend a NATIONAL event, maybe ROAR can set up a "buddy" program. With entry, you list you need a "Buddy" to split cost with.

ROAR could maybe look at entries and off of where the entrant lives pass along phone #'s or e-mail addys to guys that are close to the same area. and have them "buddy" up and split cost. If you want to split it with 2 or 4 thats up to you all.

Just a suggestion. I know for races I attend and need a Rental I have always found MORE than enough that want to split the cost. Reedy race two years ago we were putting 5 ppl in a Chevy Uplander. LOL Cost for the week was about $35 a person. That was about the cheapest part of the trip. One set of tires at the race cost more than that..LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

I see your point, but I just don't "get" it. First and foremost the race is about RACING, and then... to me... comes the location. When I have travelled to any race... I see the Airport.. the Hotel and the Track.... I go to race...
AMEN!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yeah, I hear ya, but Arkansas is a fair amount different. It may not be a normal Vacation destination, but it is about as central as we are going to get... for Flying or Driving...

When this venue was considered... well that was one of the MANY strong points...
I think Florida is ready for a ROAR nats. We have plenty of nice tracks and really good drivers here.

How many people would attend ROAR asphalt Nats 2009 in Kissimmee, or Orlando, FL ? If the choice were given, most people would rather travel to Florida...summer time vacations in effect, and those that have wife and kids can take the wife and kids to Orlando/Kissimmee for a weekend...while Daddy races, Mommy and the kids can go to Disney/MGM, etc, Go Kart racing, etc,...lot's of things to do for the whole family.

Why not?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

roar nats in florida sounds great, that would open things up for people like me to go. i've never been to one and would love to go.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

I'd make Fla. for the Nats...as long as its not during Hurricane season..LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

hurricanes are lots of fun bro, you should come to fl. more often.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
If the cost of Rentals is a problem for you to attend a NATIONAL event, maybe ROAR can set up a "buddy" program. With entry, you list you need a "Buddy" to split cost with.

ROAR could maybe look at entries and off of where the entrant lives pass along phone #'s or e-mail addys to guys that are close to the same area. and have them "buddy" up and split cost. If you want to split it with 2 or 4 thats up to you all.

Just a suggestion. I know for races I attend and need a Rental I have always found MORE than enough that want to split the cost. Reedy race two years ago we were putting 5 ppl in a Chevy Uplander. LOL Cost for the week was about $35 a person. That was about the cheapest part of the trip. One set of tires at the race cost more than that..LOL
ROAR is not a social network, they are a sanctioning body. ROAR should concentrate on creating races and maintaining the rules.

Just what we need, something else for ROAR to get yelled at about. ROAR is a bunch of volunteers. I think the RMT, who are volunteers are doing a great job of running the national level races. Let's let them continue working on what they are striving to do best...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Like I said that was only a "suggestion".
Old 07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I to say next stop Florida, Last Nats I went there 4 years or so ago were awsome. Great support for touring racing there....
Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
the RMT, who are volunteers.

Thank you!

Actually, RMT members (Race Director, Scorekeeper, Announcer and Tech Director) are contracted and paid by a source ROAR has contracted for racing management services. They do a fantastic job and only the best of the best in a particular 'job' is brougth into the team.

And, it costs money to do this.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by imprsme

ROAR Nationals are to decide who is the BEST in the US that year, right? So wouldn't that include have a new venue and track each year? To see who can adapt and be the BEST, not I ran there last year so I got a better understanding and chance this year if its at the same place two years in a row.

If this was the case, then a permanent track should never get a national event?? how many guys made trips to jonesboro to prepare for nats? what about the locals?

on road or off road

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.