Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem

Got my new EOS606IAD charger today. Also ordered up the multi-adapter for balancing several different brands, Apogee being one of them. I currently only have Apogee packs. Well, the balancer does not work.
First of all the little tab you see on the top of the plug does not snap into anything. No big deal I guess as long as it charges. Well, that is the other problem. I plug it into the adaptor board and nothing. First message I get is "balancer not connected" next it enters "battery test" mode......it answers that there is no battery!
I am charging this correct tight? You just connect the 3 wire balance plug to the 3 wire balance port and leave the main connectors (deans, traxxas etc.) disconnected.
I have been able to successfully charge through the main connector and not using the balance connector.
FYI the balance adaptor I am using is the HP-LB10-EH which lists: KOKAM, GRAUPNER, ROBBE, NEU, APOGEE and VAMPOWER. Don't get what I am doing wrong. Really bummed out after spending all this cash. Here is a pic of the connector. Any help greatly appreciated.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem-img_0266.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can you post a pic of all parts together and how you have them setup. Maybe then we can see if something wrong.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, here you go. I also tried flipping around the pins on the connector. No dice.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem-img_0267.jpg   Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem-img_0268.jpg   Hyperion charger and Apogee pack problem-img_0269.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You need the EH adapter for Apogee packs. They make them for all different sorts of balance plugs, but I believe it only ships for the one that works with Hyperion plugs.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3160
Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Judging by that last pic the connector is plugged into the adapter wrong.

The red wire on the battery packs plug should be on the same side as the red wire on the adapter. Atleast that is how the adapter works with my Hyperion plugs and Hyperion adapter that came with my EOS0606i
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The last pic shows that its a JST adapter which will work with Align and eflight packs.With my Hyperion charger you also need to hook up the main wire also.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

In other words he only has the balancer output hooked up not the main port for charging. For this charger you have to have both hooked up in order to charge. I have this charger also.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks a ton everyone. You guys brought up a couple solutions that helped. First, the red wire on the balancer should be on the same side as my plug. I swapped the two outer wires on my balancer batterys' plug to achieve this. Second, I needed to have the main power plug connected while charging. I did have the correct balancer board, it does say EH further down. The actual part number is actually really long and ends with EH. Thanks again everyone.

Tony