Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by niznai
Am right to believe there is only one car in the TB03 range that doesn't come with the inboard front suspension (Amemiya Mazda)? Or do all the kits have all the parts and you just pick and choose?
Where'd you see that it doesnt come with IFS? That hood looks really low at the front and I'd be surprised if it fits right without IFS.

I built the Takata NSX and IFS is the only thing that comes with it. The manual makes no mention of an alternative front suspension. The only manual for the TB03 that I've seen online is identical to my NSX manual.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

swift, your gear mesh is too tight you need to reset that. one easy way is to stick a small strip of paper(like the kind used for school) and then set it. the gear mesh cant be too tight nor can it be too loose
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bluesxman
Where'd you see that it doesnt come with IFS?
I didn't. I just assumed since the Tamiya website doesn't mention the IFS on this car, but it mentions it on all the other cars.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I'm uploading my last race up to youtube now. Gosh it takes a long time! I'm only going to post the amain, sorry hahah! You'll have to take my word about how bad I was traction rolling. I don't have the patience to wait hours to upload. When its done I will post the link.

But in the mean time....funny picture time! I think I am the only one in history to do this.....I killed a fly with my TB03! And better yet did it with the rim! Did a qualifier, came back to the pits to do a rotation, and whoa! dead fly! hehehe My TB03 is so fast, not even flies can get out of the way
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-poorfly2.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

The TB03D is the only chassis with the normal front suspension...all the rest are IFS.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

In corner # 2 we have Timmmeee Theee Fly Killerrrrrr

I will put a bug net on the roof of my car now
Sonic still wont be able to catch me
Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Ok finally I got the video up on youtube. I started dead last in the Amain because of some bad qualifiers from traction rolling so much But worked my way up to 4th by the end. I got smacked 3 times right in the first turn, I think if that didn't happen I could have finished a little better. About a minute to go in the race, I was all over the leaders hehe. Infact, the red car wouldn't have gotten by me at the end except he smacked a wall and flew across the track and landed in front of my car lol. He was in second anyway so it didn't matter, but I was happy they couldn't lose me at the end I took it a little easy at first because I was scared of traction rolling, You can see me driving a alittle cautious at first.... but after I knew the setup change was good I put the pedal to the metal! Only shaft car there, Only Tamiya, and only plastic tub car hehe TB03 POWER! Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Ok finally I got the video up on youtube. I started dead last in the Amain because of some bad qualifiers from traction rolling so much But worked my way up to 4th by the end. I got smacked 3 times right in the first turn, I think if that didn't happen I could have finished a little better. About a minute to go in the race, I was all over the leaders hehe. Infact, the red car wouldn't have gotten by me at the end except he smacked a wall and flew across the track and landed in front of my car lol. He was in second anyway so it didn't matter, but I was happy they couldn't lose me at the end I took it a little easy at first because I was scared of traction rolling, You can see me driving a alittle cautious at first.... but after I knew the setup change was good I put the pedal to the metal! Only shaft car there, Only Tamiya, and only plastic tub car hehe TB03 POWER! Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
what color/which one is your car?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
what color/which one is your car?
My paint scheme is always the same as the previous pictures I have posted on this thread, purple, hotpink and white. The camera follows my car most of the time
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

My paint scheme is always the same as the previous pictures I have posted on this thread, purple, hotpink and white. The camera follows my car most of the time
nice video.. thats a tiny track ill try to head to the track tonight or tomorrow and test out my TB-03 at the indoor asphalt track we have.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

So timmie, what is your high traction set up? ...to prevent traction rolling?
great vid....nice driving
Tamiya POWER
Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Well I'm uploading my last race up to youtube now. Gosh it takes a long time! I'm only going to post the amain, sorry hahah! You'll have to take my word about how bad I was traction rolling. I don't have the patience to wait hours to upload. When its done I will post the link.

But in the mean time....funny picture time! I think I am the only one in history to do this.....I killed a fly with my TB03! And better yet did it with the rim! Did a qualifier, came back to the pits to do a rotation, and whoa! dead fly! hehehe My TB03 is so fast, not even flies can get out of the way
Timmie,

Great video bud. Hey you are going to need a high traction setup. the Tamiya track I hear has rediculous traction without even having traction compund on it!

Not sure If I'll be at the TCS finals or not but I will try to make it.

Good run by the way.

Jimmy W
Old 08-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

What camera are you using to film and upload your videos?
I use a "Flip ultra HD" . It records in 720 hd @ 30 fps. is smaller than your hand, has a usb stick that pops put of the side, you plug it in to your comp. It takes about 3min to put a 8 min video up on youtube using the flip software it comes with. It is the best.....ck it out The flip hd ultra
ok commercial break is over...........
We are all glad that you take the time to post your videos.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Here is my Tb-03 , been getting decent results, hoping to get better soon
(theres some other cars in the pics, im sure you's can tell which one it is )

Old 08-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Does anyone know where i can get tamiya blue trf shirt xxl MM018 ,
Online store that will ship to Australia?

I can find it anywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.