Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randy

you the man

i now need to test the min brake and min throttle in my 1/12th tomorrow

BRING ON THE TRACK TIME
Old 10-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Question asside from all the drama. I have the 4PK. It has minimum drive on the throttle and brake that I already use. Are these the same adjustment intergrated in the new 212? Also if I run 17.5 open, I don't realy have to worry about the other stuff. Is that correct?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

well done randy and good on ya for getting it all done.. cant wait to test it all out.. Cheers from Australia
Old 10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

I agree. All the whining that goes on in this site is F'ing unbelievable. Some of you guys should piss off and get a new hobby, or at least a new brand.
If I was Tekin, there is NO WAY I would be posting all the details of my dealing with ROAR for my competitors to read about.
Some of you are just looking for a whinge, regardless. I have yet to see a version of the FREE software come out where there weren't a bunch of haters waiting to jump on it. In the same day in some cases!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Arrow Thank You Tekin

Appreciate the rapid update and the great support via this open forum. Downloaded, reconfigured, and saved cleanly.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Big Thank You To Tekin for their contributions to R/C racing and their AWESOME tech support!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjfo80
No it was approved until it was not approved. Gee you guys are smart.
Roar approved it. They are the body that should have the answer. 212 is it now so shit happens... download it and change it and be done with it.... I will defend anyone that doesnt deserve crap given to them. Get out of what directly effects you and think outside the box and stop being so narrow minded
I glad your taking it so personal. so much so you have to go name calling

look, I don't give a crap one way or another, tekin submitted software to roar, roar approved it. it may or may not have won some roar races, iic, and some club races, so what, it is apparent that there was an issue with the software other then bad brakes and thats why it was put under review by roar, tekin as fixxed whatever the issue was and has released new software. so all is right with the world again. some have asked a simple direct yes or no question to which they have not and will not be given an answer and THAT is a problem for some. To say we simply improved 208 or "it was never deemed illegal" is very misleading, Yes 100% correct it was never deemed illegal by roar, however it was placed under review and is now off the list. My BS meter went off and I think the whole thing is funny. I'm not taking sides and like I said I really don't give a crap one way or another. just pointing out the facts that are not "in the box".

PS. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Brain Shook who won the sportsman class at the roar paved nats used a Tekin and not a LRP as previously stated by randy, I'll call him and ask to make sure, however like I said, it really doesn't matter now that world peace as been accomplished with the release of 212.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Gentlemen: I have not logged into this site for almost a year simply because conversations get way out of hand.. and now, I refuse to allow MY NAME to be associated with hurting a good ROAR affiliate.

Tekin did nothing wrong. Tekin did their job and ROAR chose to review a software profile. We determined for the spirit of the rules, the 208 profile didn't match what we needed in a sportsman ESC and TEKIN offered to change things - but honestly, didn't have to.

I answered an email today that I thought was a private conversation and in no way did I give permission for my email to be publicized. I was asked if the 208 was legal and no, it is not as the list does not reflect 208 but now reflects 212. So, loaded question I guess and I was naive to see that and I answered a question and I should have been more sparing in my answer as I did not realize it would be used to hurt an affiliate publically.

Again, Tekin did nothing wrong. ROAR asked for a change and was granted this change for the sake of its members.

Move on already. Nobody did anything to deserve this kind of bashing.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR President
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks, dawn, perfect.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
All of this is exactly why I would've preferred boost to still be run. There will always be an esc that is superior than another regardless of timing, boost etc etc.
Oh yeah!

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Software for the end user is free and easy to change.
And easier for some than others!

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Gentlemen: I have not logged into this site for almost a year simply because conversations get way out of hand.. and now, I refuse to allow MY NAME to be associated with hurting a good ROAR affiliate.

Tekin did nothing wrong. Tekin did their job and ROAR chose to review a software profile. We determined for the spirit of the rules, the 208 profile didn't match what we needed in a sportsman ESC and TEKIN offered to change things - but honestly, didn't have to.

I answered an email today that I thought was a private conversation and in no way did I give permission for my email to be publicized. I was asked if the 208 was legal and no, it is not as the list does not reflect 208 but now reflects 212. So, loaded question I guess and I was naive to see that and I answered a question and I should have been more sparing in my answer as I did not realize it would be used to hurt an affiliate publically.

Again, Tekin did nothing wrong. ROAR asked for a change and was granted this change for the sake of its members.

Move on already. Nobody did anything to deserve this kind of bashing.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR President
MONEY SHOT!!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thanks Dawn for the official clarification and posting from ROAR.

EA
Old 10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Nice post Dawn, you will be a real loss to ROAR when you leadership is over.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

These last 4 pages of whining and crying are from the people that want a class that is easier for them to win in. The only problem is they have actually made it more difficult. In an open market, this control is damn near impossible.

They point fingers and toss accusations to debate something that would be a non issue if they just ran the previous classes available and didnt press to rewrite the rule books.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you Dawn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.