Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
I have never tried to set my brakes to 120% using the radio, but I guess.. Logically speaking, setting the brakes to 120% is the same as setting your EPA to 80; calibrate esc then set it back to 100%. This is on a 13.5 motor.

I actually have never tried to set my brakes to 120% so I cant confirm if this method works .... what I do know is what I posted above works for me.

The only way you can find it out is to try it. I read somewhere here in this thread that people with weak brakes have their gearing set incorrectly.

Randy should be able to answer you this.
Thanks bukil. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Randy any input?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

Purely an observation but....

Has anyone noticed that guys in the off road scene are not as stong voiced to get their hands on v200?

Simply because their driving style is very different to on road. Heck, there is even one team driver who races off road and is still using, and happy with software version 180!

Back to on road, I am still using 189, and I am matching laptimes with other guys in the A (but can be 2/10ths faster on a hot lap), so I feel comfortable for now.

Newer software (and the features to go with them) is good, but it may or may not work as an advantage for everyone. Even something such as your driving style can go against you as the software gets more advanced.

All i'm saying is it pays to have a very logical mind when it comes to ESC setup/gearing and the software version/application you intend to use it for.

That alone may even help your laptimes before you see 200....
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Wow that's fast!!!
Milky..
First blue TC: 4 (four) laps...Motor magnet exploded and esc toasted. Get a new one immediately (I know the Italian distributor...)

Second blue: 6 races and few tests. Esc toasted... replaced with a "grunt", but immediately....

Third one: 3 races... esc toated. This was septemebr 08... Today...tomorrow... today... tomorrow... Wait the new one in one the way... wait there will be the SXX for you, just with a fee...Wait..

Got a Tekin while I was in the States in October.

Under some point it "might" not be powerful as the TC or the SXX, but is reliable... (hope Murphy law doesn't apply...)
Old 08-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob~H
Mikky good luck on your upcoming races. Let us know how you do. I'm sure you will represent Tekin very well.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I'm not the best driver.
First race of the Dutch RC series I was qualified 5th in the B final.
I won the first race because I was the only one in the B that raced in the rain.
Fastest lap in the rain was 3 seconds faster than the 3 drivers that drove the A final in the rain.
Second final I hath some problems with the car and became 9th.
Last final I became 3th. So I was quit happy.
The race of this Sunday will be even harder for me.
I have never raced there, so I must see what happens. I think that I will drive in the B but I hope that I will reach the A final.
The first race I just got the Turbo and I didn't hath the best setup for it.
Now I now how it works, I can use it better and it will go better.

I will let you now how it went.

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Milky..
First blue TC: 4 (four) laps...Motor magnet exploded and esc toasted. Get a new one immediately (I know the Italian distributor...)

Second blue: 6 races and few tests. Esc toasted... replaced with a "grunt", but immediately....

Third one: 3 races... esc toated. This was septemebr 08... Today...tomorrow... today... tomorrow... Wait the new one in one the way... wait there will be the SXX for you, just with a fee...Wait..

Got a Tekin while I was in the States in October.

Under some point it "might" not be powerful as the TC or the SXX, but is reliable... (hope Murphy law doesn't apply...)
That is LRP quality!!
The 2 speedo's with the most problems are the GM and the LRP.

With the V200 you will even go faster than the SPX!!

First race from the Dutch rc series was the first final in the rain.
From the 3 drivers in the A final that drove, only 1 drove also the other 2 finals. He drove only a few laps to reach the top 3.
The others drove a few laps and there speedo's were gone
Mine Tekin RS Pro drove the 6 mints with no problems and I was 3 sec a lap faster than them

A member of the club were the first Dutch RC was, has now also a Tekin RS Pro. I gave him a setup and he has also a SPX. He was with my setup on that track without the Turbo in wet conditions as fast as he was with his SPX on dry conditions.
He is very happy with it.
He will race also this Sunday with me. So there are 2 Tekin drivers at least and than several drivers with a Tekin motor.
Last race by the Baanbrekers were I also drive, were 4 Redline motors.
Normally I and a club member of me drive the Redline motor. Now more and more drivers discover the power of the Tekin motor.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Have major issue with my Tekin RS. Had it for a week have done 3 x 5min heats with v1.80 and a 5 min final with the 1.99 software. Bought the car out tonite and did 2 mins of practice, went back to my chair and disconected the battery from the car. Put that battery on charge and put another battery in the car. Adjusted my pinion mesh and plugged battery back in. Turned on RX and turned on the car to check the mesh I have no throttle and the ESC keeps flashing at me. Also has that burnt motor smell.

A couple of guys plugged the hotwire in and checked everything was sweet, smell got worse and it wont calibrate to the radio, still no throttle but steering working fine.

Any ideas?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m
Hey guys,

Have major issue with my Tekin RS. Had it for a week have done 3 x 5min heats with v1.80 and a 5 min final with the 1.99 software. Bought the car out tonite and did 2 mins of practice, went back to my chair and disconected the battery from the car. Put that battery on charge and put another battery in the car. Adjusted my pinion mesh and plugged battery back in. Turned on RX and turned on the car to check the mesh I have no throttle and the ESC keeps flashing at me. Also has that burnt motor smell.

A couple of guys plugged the hotwire in and checked everything was sweet, smell got worse and it wont calibrate to the radio, still no throttle but steering working fine.

Any ideas?
What motor and what rollout?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

17.5 greg with about 46 rollout....68/33 in the 416....did about 2 mins praccy with it....ran it on and off the throttle trying to sort out the steering rate...wasnt even on the throttle for that long.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Any ideas?
Did you try an other motor?
And did you check your motor settings?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Did you try an other motor?
And did you check your motor settings?
Nope no other motor with me....but will be trying that in the morning going to plug my SP 17.5 into it. We did check all the motor settings on the hotwire and it was all where it was set still from last weekend. A little disapointed was so impressed with it after running the car last weekend.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Any ideas?
I had a very similar experience recently. Ran a five minute qualifier, back to pits to charge battery, change gearing. Motor worked great for qualifier and came off track at 170* so I was going down a tooth. Plugged battery back in after charging and it would not run. After messing with it for about an hour I finally found out it was a burned winding in the motor that was shorting out.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob~H
I had a very similar experience recently. Ran a five minute qualifier, back to pits to charge battery, change gearing. Motor worked great for qualifier and came off track at 170* so I was going down a tooth. Plugged battery back in after charging and it would not run. After messing with it for about an hour I finally found out it was a burned winding in the motor that was shorting out.
Oh sweet, the shop I bought it from have told me to bring it on in in the morning to have a looksie. Im thinking more on the motor side as the ESC seems to be still flashing away and working on the hotwire.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Did you reset the Speedo after updating?
Dit you recalibrate the speedo with the radio?
Dit you change your epa before calibrating to 90 and after calibrating to 100?

I think that it is a motor problem.

Try an other motor.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah recalibrated after doing the check on the hotwire...wont recalibrate ESC still keeps flashing red.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

That is LRP quality!!
The 2 speedo's with the most problems are the GM and the LRP.
Can you explain what you mean by that ?

I've used LRP in the past, but sold it (no problem whatsoever)
Currently I have a GM 120 and Tekin RS Pro

I'm sorry to say... the Tekin can't touch the GM for pace.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Check your manual, in troubleshooting, it shows what the problem is by which leds are flashing. I'd be checking if the motor selection got changed to brushed mode.

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.