Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
I'm sure I read somewhere in a rule book that ESC settings cant be changed wirelessly or where the car is on the track. I don't remember what rule set it was (either ROAR or AARCMCC), but I'm sure I remember something about that...
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I don't think the ESC has a radio in it. The radio is in the connecting device, and exposes it via BT or WiFi.
No it doesn't, its an optional adapter. I found it, its in the AARCMCC rules (I couldn't find any mention in ROAR but maybe i'm not looking in the right place)

Its point 9.4.5, Basically says that you cant make adjustments to the esc while the car is on the track.

I look forward to seeing what tekin brings out in 2012.. I see a new ESC in my future so my current RS can be a "backup". As for feature suggestions, how about making them easier to sell to wives?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by ByteStream
But I'd bet it will run mod competitively.

Hmm .. typical fanboy response of "if Tekin didn't make it, it's crap". The speedo is not even released yet .. so hold your judgement. Tekin customers have been asking for a different programming method sans laptop for a while .. and if someone else does it, it's a gimmick?
oops, sorry, didn't see you on the first sp page, or follow-up to where I 'had' to 'change' speedo to remain in-the-hunt in 12th boosted classes. Yes, times are a changin'. Good Luck to all.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

I Know what Adam and Shawn can get us for Christmas! How 'bout a esc with "built in" cell link, so they can "BEAM" us up the next profile anywhere, anytime?

I finally cleared space in the pit bag, you know , the space and weight of a third charger, discharger/conditioner, brushes, comm lathe........only to find a safe space for a 'netbook'.........
quoting myself from 12-24-2009 sp thread, Really?, 2 years? I do apologize to Randy and Tekin for this thread jacking, I'm still the goofball from 2010 paved nats with the sp stickers on my rs pro in the 12th t-bar car with the Jacked up 1cell across the t-bar. Randy thought it funny at the time.

Last edited by Drillit; 12-22-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: bad math 2009
Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a issue with my1 month old rs pro, I have used it for 1 race days and two practices and I have issues with it not beeing able to connect to the radio, I get the leds flasshing saying weak radio signal, I run a 4PKS and have swaped resiver after the first time and now it happened a second time, any ideas?
Or do I have to go back to my SP that i used for 2 years without a radio issue?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Byte your avatar shows where you stand I suppose.

Regardless gimmick are features in some peoples eyes.

Our customers requests and opinions don't ever fall on a deaf ear. 2012 will be another great year for Team Tekin.
Randy, my avatar is all in good fun, I was going to make a T-shirt out of it, I'll send you one if I do ..

I honestly hope Tekin does have a great 2012 if that means that we will see some new products from Tekin that address customers requests. Send me a pm when that 1S w/built in booster is ready to hit the market and I'll pre-order one and I promise I won't call it 'gimmicky' until I have tested it out and evaluated it first-hand.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dark_luna
I like some help with my esc setup if its possible to tweek it futher?
No problem with motor heat after 5min race.
This is what Im racing

Car: Kyosho TF-5 Shin
Tire: Rubber Slick Sorex 28
Gear ratio: 5.99:1 - 6.59:1
Battery: 2S 45C Lipo
Motor: Novak Ballistic 17.5T (Stock timing)
ESC: Tekin RS Pro
Track: Carpet indoor medium grip medium size

Current Version: 212
Brushless Forward Only with Brake
Voltage Cutoff: 2S
Drive Mode: Sensored Only
Motor Direction: Normal
Throttle Profile: 5
Current Limit: 90
Throttle Min: 5
Drag Break: Off
Brake Strength: 65
Reverse Speed: Off
Neutral Width: 3
Push Control: Off
Brake Min: 0
Timing Advance: 80
Boost: 50
Start/End RPM: 4084/9002
Turbo: Max
Turbo Ramp: 3
Turbo Delay: 0.02
No one?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dark_luna
I like some help with my esc setup if its possible to tweek it futher?
No problem with motor heat after 5min race.
This is what Im racing

Car: Kyosho TF-5 Shin
Tire: Rubber Slick Sorex 28
Gear ratio: 5.99:1 - 6.59:1
Battery: 2S 45C Lipo
Motor: Novak Ballistic 17.5T (Stock timing)
ESC: Tekin RS Pro
Track: Carpet indoor medium grip medium size

Current Version: 212
Brushless Forward Only with Brake
Voltage Cutoff: 2S
Drive Mode: Sensored Only
Motor Direction: Normal
Throttle Profile: 5
Current Limit: 90
Throttle Min: 5
Drag Break: Off
Brake Strength: 65
Reverse Speed: Off
Neutral Width: 3
Push Control: Off
Brake Min: 0
Timing Advance: 80
Boost: 50
Start/End RPM: 4084/9002
Turbo: Max
Turbo Ramp: 3
Turbo Delay: 0.02
I haven't used a Novak Ballistic, and it has been some time since I've run Tekin, but this is what I would do:

Current limit: 100 / Off (No need to lower this for 17.5T)
Start RPM: 3k-5k
End RPM: 12k-15k
Boost: 50-55
Turbo: 10-15
Turbo delay: 0.15-0.2
Timing Advance: 100

I will much rather have more boost than more turbo. When you let off the throttle coming from full throttle, with high turbo it will feel like your car has a lot of drag brake. And in the in-field, if you hit full throttle, you can easily miss the apex.

With the timing on the boost instead, it should be a lot more smooth. And with the bigger range, it will be even smoother. And remember: Smooth is fast!

The turbo is mainly for the straight, so IMO no need for it to kick in as soon as you hit full throttle. Let the motor use it torque a little, and then use the turbo. So delay of 0.2 is fine on most tracks (IMO).

Timing advance should only kick in when the sensors are gone, but I have heard some people feeling a difference even when the sensors are functional. I have always used 100 though.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chovden
I have a issue with my1 month old rs pro, I have used it for 1 race days and two practices and I have issues with it not beeing able to connect to the radio, I get the leds flasshing saying weak radio signal, I run a 4PKS and have swaped resiver after the first time and now it happened a second time, any ideas?
http://www.teamtekin.com/rs_troubleshoot.html

what one are you getting low or high signal
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
No it doesn't, its an optional adapter. I found it, its in the AARCMCC rules (I couldn't find any mention in ROAR but maybe i'm not looking in the right place)

Its point 9.4.5, Basically says that you cant make adjustments to the esc while the car is on the track.

I look forward to seeing what tekin brings out in 2012.. I see a new ESC in my future so my current RS can be a "backup". As for feature suggestions, how about making them easier to sell to wives?
So that means you leave the wifi/bluetooth adapter off the ESC when you are on the track. Maybe they will tech it to make sure the adapter isn't attached. That rule doesn't make the ESC illegal.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
http://www.teamtekin.com/rs_troubleshoot.html

what one are you getting low or high signal
Low signal
Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Make sure your transmitter is fully charged. Futaba radio systems will not fully turn on without it.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Make sure your transmitter is fully charged. Futaba radio systems will not fully turn on without it.
So the steering servo is working and resiver showing a steady green light, this should be good enogh, as of now I don`t fully trust it as I lost a qualifier first time it happened and it took me a while before I knew what happened, last time now it was the first battery of the day si did not matter to much but I worry next tima is befor a important qualifier of final and I might loose a race due to this
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So the steering servo is working and resiver showing a steady green light, this should be good enogh, as of now I don`t fully trust it as I lost a qualifier first time it happened and it took me a while before I knew what happened, last time now it was the first battery of the day si did not matter to much but I worry next tima is befor a important qualifier of final and I might loose a race due to this
Booster or RX Pack?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Booster or RX Pack?
2 cell TC boosted stock, always fully charged when it happens
Old 12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

2 cell TC boosted stock, always fully charged when it happens
Have you checked the ESC signal wires and plug which plug into the receiver ?

A while back I had a issue with an intermittent glitch and the car just stopping on track, I found the problem when I had the car back on the bench and moved the ESC wires and the ESC would show the low signal LED's. It was the white wire which had snapped but the plastic didn't break, everything has been fine since i wired on a new plug.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.