Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

randyl

What about the brake situation. Does changing the speedy to sensored mode only improve the brakes?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default 10.5 set ups

Any thoughts on the post below.Also sent this direct to Rnady for his opinion.
I took the plunge and bought 2 controllers.Inc hot wire.

I run 1/12th scale 10.5 bl only.I have 2 motors a Novak and a Nosram.With both of the Tekins im afraid they are both dogs. I swopped over and put in my Nosram evo 2007 and both rocket ships again.
All i can think is my set ups are duff.Any advice would be appreciated.The settings i have been using are below.Both motors are as they came out of the box ,timing factory setting.

RS FIRST
Drag Brake 50%
Max Brake 60%
Throttle Profile 5
Neutral Width 0
Motor Type Brushless Fwd Brk ok
Advance 60%

Leave sensored only box 'unticked'.

RS PRO
Drag Brake 30%
Max Brake 60%
Throttle Profile 4
Neutral Width 8
Motor Type Brushless Fwd Brk
Advance 95%

Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tellan
Any thoughts on the post below.Also sent this direct to Rnady for his opinion.
I took the plunge and bought 2 controllers.Inc hot wire.

I run 1/12th scale 10.5 bl only.I have 2 motors a Novak and a Nosram.With both of the Tekins im afraid they are both dogs. I swopped over and put in my Nosram evo 2007 and both rocket ships again.
All i can think is my set ups are duff.Any advice would be appreciated.The settings i have been using are below.Both motors are as they came out of the box ,timing factory setting.

RS FIRST
Drag Brake 50%
Max Brake 60%
Throttle Profile 5
Neutral Width 0
Motor Type Brushless Fwd Brk ok
Advance 60%

RS PRO
Drag Brake 30%
Max Brake 60%
Throttle Profile 4
Neutral Width 8
Motor Type Brushless Fwd Brk
Advance 95%

Try switching to sensored only mode and turning the timing up on the motors.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

YO Randy
can you send me that e mail again of the info you wanted....
I got delete button happy..lol
thanks
MO
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
randyl

What about the brake situation. Does changing the speedy to sensored mode only improve the brakes?
Sensored only will improve the brakes (slightly) and can allow the motor to rev out farther if you add timing on the motor.

For all of the high wind motors you need to set the speedo for 100% brakes. The default setting works fine for mod but with a 17.5/13.5 and the huge gears we're running you'll never have much brake regardless of the speedo.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Sensored only will improve the brakes (slightly) and can allow the motor to rev out farther if you add timing on the motor.

For all of the high wind motors you need to set the speedo for 100% brakes. The default setting works fine for mod but with a 17.5/13.5 and the huge gears we're running you'll never have much brake regardless of the speedo.

I turned mine up to 100% and I can finally stop
Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tekin speed issue

Just heard back from Randy .This weekend going to run controllers in sensored mode and advance motor timing physically.Hopefully this will give me the speed im looking for .
Would still like some views on rest of my settings 4/5 posts back for settings.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey guys. ive been having some delay problems in 1/12. at the start of the race, when i squeeze full throttle there is a delay of about 2 seconds before it takes off. the car moves slow and then takes off. this doesnt happen in my touring car. throttle is instant. thanx for the help

I don't know if this has been addressed or solved but I suspect that the diff could be slipping. It happened to me and after tightening the diff more it launches quite well.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default timing question

So when adjusting the timing using hot wire, if i set it to 100% should the motor be set to 0% and is it vise versa if the motor is maxed out the esc should be at 0% ??

I also think that i read that the max motor timing setting will advance more than the max esc setting, is this true?

I just picked up the hotwire tonight so i should have lots of questions, sorry.

Chad
Old 10-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Chad,

Firstly, it depends on what motor your running, some motors allow you to crank the timing higher than others. So this isn’t a simple yes or no question. I don’t know what you run.

With regards to turning down the timing if running in one mode than the other, this isn’t the case at all. If your running in sensored only mode, then the timing in use is defined by the motor. The timing you set on the ESC will be ignored anyway, so you don’t need to set it to 0%. When your running in sensorless mode the opposite is true. So with that said when your in hybrid mode, you use timing defined from both the Motor and the ESC.

I hope you enjoy playing with the hotwire. You should be able to find any question you have already answered within this friend or the Tekin forum.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenny L
I got my rubber Phi going Tuesday night with Rs pro and Redline 17.5. Here are the settings I came up with car was pretty dailed motor temps 135max.

4.05fdr
Redline 17.5 w/full motor timing
hybrid mode
drag = 80
rev = 0
brake = 90
neutral = 10
blfw
throt = 5
volt = 2
push = 0
timing = 100
current = off

I just try your setting last night on my 13.5 car and the motor cogged so bad. At first I thought the belt is skipping and so I adjust the belt, changed the diff and still did the same. Then I realized it was the motor. I could hold the car with my hand and the motor just cogged and wouldn't move for a couple seconds. I changed the sensor wire as well and didn't make any different. I will reload the profile tonight and see if it makes any different.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Those are settings for 17.5 but I have run them in 13.5 also without any issues.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tekin hybrid mode ?????

Please ignore my ignorance what is the hybrid mode.Thought there was only Sensored or senorless modes.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Please ignore my ignorance what is the hybrid mode.Thought there was only Sensored or senorless modes.
There's only two modes in the RS. Default is hybrid and you can set the speedo to sensored only with a hotwire.

Hybrid mode uses the sensor and motor timing at start-up then switches to sensorless mode and uses the timing setting in thespeedo.

Sensored only mode is totally sensored and uses only the timing set on the motor. If the sensor wire comes unplugged the speedo reverts to sensorless and uses the timing set in the speedo (keeping you in the race).
Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chad M
So when adjusting the timing using hot wire, if i set it to 100% should the motor be set to 0% and is it vise versa if the motor is maxed out the esc should be at 0% ??

I also think that i read that the max motor timing setting will advance more than the max esc setting, is this true?

I just picked up the hotwire tonight so i should have lots of questions, sorry.

Chad

clear a few things up for yah. it depends what mode your in.

if in dual (hybrid sensorless) mode motor timing does not matter. the speedo only uses the sensor to get started. and the speedo only uses the hotwire timing.

in sensored only (box checked) motor timing is used and the hotwire setting is not. but it is good to have that set at 100 just incase you have a sensor harness come un-plugged.

and yes sensored only mode gives more timing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.