Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 PM
T$
Tech Adept

[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by Suteki
Noticing some thing odd with my car lately.

Using a 17.5 turn redline with tekin rs pro, running stock spec mode. It's fine under full acceleration but sometimes when the vehicle is stopped and I slowly pull the trigger, something is emitting a high pitch squeal and the car isn't moving, or it might move but it stutters quite a bit. Sensor cable appears to be plugged in fully.

Have tried moving the wheels and it doesn't appear anything is binding, the only time it feels like there is any resistence is turning the wheels when the motor is on the car you can sort of feel where the magnets are on turning the motor. Otherwise, no binding. Running 72spur, 36pinion with fan on the motor the ESC is never getting over 3 lights (around 110f) and the esc is coming off around 150f after 6 min of back and forth running (haven't had a chance to check temps after 5 or 6 min heats).

Everything seems fine except that little problem at low throttle from a stand point.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Increase your min throttle setting until this goes away. The esc is sensing the rotor not moving and can get to a near "locked rotor" sense. This is due to the tall gearing, belt "bind" and weight of the car. We're asking the motor to get past a lot of "stiction" to get the car rolling. Essentially the esc's min drive isn't enough to overcome this.

Most 17.5 blinky guys on the team are Min throttle between 15 and 20 depending on motor and gearing.
Randy, how do you increase the min throttle setting? Do you do this on your radio?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
Noticing some thing odd with my car lately.

Using a 17.5 turn redline with tekin rs pro, running stock spec mode. It's fine under full acceleration but sometimes when the vehicle is stopped and I slowly pull the trigger, something is emitting a high pitch squeal and the car isn't moving, or it might move but it stutters quite a bit. Sensor cable appears to be plugged in fully.

Have tried moving the wheels and it doesn't appear anything is binding, the only time it feels like there is any resistence is turning the wheels when the motor is on the car you can sort of feel where the magnets are on turning the motor. Otherwise, no binding. Running 72spur, 36pinion with fan on the motor the ESC is never getting over 3 lights (around 110f) and the esc is coming off around 150f after 6 min of back and forth running (haven't had a chance to check temps after 5 or 6 min heats).

Everything seems fine except that little problem at low throttle from a stand point.[/QUOTE]

Randy, how do you increase the min throttle setting? Do you do this on your radio?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

With the hotwire. but you could change your expo i guess, but that kinda unconventional.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Autod
where can i buy a sensorboard for tekin redline? and is there a guide on how to change it?
anyone???
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autod
anyone???
I think the tekin part number is TT2283.
Try tekin europe: http://www.tekineurope.com/part-info.php?partNo=TT2283

There is a video on tekin's website that shows how to replace a sensor pcb.
Here you go: http://teamtekin.com/video_tech.html. Its the fifth video from the top.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

@T$: that sounds like a sensor problem. Try changin the sensor wire or the sensor board on the motor. The motor is cogging because of the sensor.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rampokker
I think the tekin part number is TT2283.
Try tekin europe: http://www.tekineurope.com/part-info.php?partNo=TT2283

There is a video on tekin's website that shows how to replace a sensor pcb.
Here you go: http://teamtekin.com/video_tech.html. Its the fifth video from the top.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Question for you racers. Last night while riding my sc10, my truck started shutting down after a few jumps. It took about 10 seconds to reset then power came back on. I didnt loose steering, just no throttle.

It only happen once in each race, but 10 seconds is a long time to wait, specially when everyone passes you after being in the lead. Anyways, is this a ESC issue or sensor cable?

Heres what im running

Tekin RSpro
LRP 9.5
Spektrum SR3300 Rx
Savox 1258 with glitch buster

Thanks in advance
Old 10-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94
Question for you racers. Last night while riding my sc10, my truck started shutting down after a few jumps. It took about 10 seconds to reset then power came back on. I didnt loose steering, just no throttle.

It only happen once in each race, but 10 seconds is a long time to wait, specially when everyone passes you after being in the lead. Anyways, is this a ESC issue or sensor cable?

Heres what im running

Tekin RSpro
LRP 9.5
Spektrum SR3300 Rx
Savox 1258 with glitch buster

Thanks in advance
Sounds like the speedo is re-arming. maybe a bad switch or battery problem.
try a different battery and check your connections.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YoDog
Sounds like the speedo is re-arming. maybe a bad switch or battery problem.
try a different battery and check your connections.
I did try a different battery, 3 as a matter of fact and all connections are fine. I will however check my battery cable plugs. Maybe one of them is not as snug when plugged in...

Any other ideas?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

I did try a different battery, 3 as a matter of fact and all connections are fine. I will however check my battery cable plugs. Maybe one of them is not as snug when plugged in...

Any other ideas?
Ok, since it is a Spektrum, I had a similar problem when other 2.4ghz radios were stepping all over my signal and causing the my receiver to lose link. probably not the problem you are seeing. what settings are you using on the RS Pro? Does the motor lose all power or just slow way down?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Try a different servo. Make sure the wires aren't hitting the mode button when bouncing around.

Also, don't ride your truck, too much strain on the electrical system.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YoDog
Ok, since it is a Spektrum, I had a similar problem when other 2.4ghz radios were stepping all over my signal and causing the my receiver to lose link. probably not the problem you are seeing. what settings are you using on the RS Pro? Does the motor lose all power or just slow way down?
I hear you on the spektrum, I was having little spurs of no response when the drivers stand was packed, but has not been an issue lately. All settings on my ESC are default except for im running sensorless instead of dual. I heard that was a better? I dont run any timing, 9.5 is quick enough. I loose all power to the motor steering still works though.

Originally Posted by Odin544
Try a different servo. Make sure the wires aren't hitting the mode button when bouncing around.

Also, don't ride your truck, too much strain on the electrical system.

Yeah all cables are clearly out of the way... but may when I reset my esc when i sat on it lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

I hear you on the spektrum, I was having little spurs of no response when the drivers stand was packed, but has not been an issue lately. All settings on my ESC are default except for im running sensorless instead of dual. I heard that was a better? I dont run any timing, 9.5 is quick enough. I loose all power to the motor steering still works though.

Yeah all cables are clearly out of the way... but may when I reset my esc when i sat on it lol.
The RS actually only has "sensored" and "Dual" modes. Dual only uses the sensor for startup then bypasses the sensor. Anyhoo, I'm a bit stumped on this one. I mentioned the battery thing because I would loose power sometimes when I landed kinda hard and the speedo would loose power momentarily thus causing it to re-arm. My power connection was a bit loose.
Chinese Deans knockoff connectors!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Default rs/rs pro offroad

Randy has made mention of this happening after said "slapping" of chassis on jumps............mount the esc more 'softly' with several layers of servo tape, or with quality hook n loop (velcro) type fastener , should not be 'shoo-goo'd in place!

This will help.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

'llo guys,
Have been out of tekin-tuning for a while as I raced offroad and don't need all that fidling there. Just a basic setup and it's up to my hands to fine-tune the rest.
But ... I would drive a bit onroad now. Hence my question: does the tekin rs pro have a blinky-mode, do i need a specific update for that?
Thx in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.