Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I enjoyed the video. I am anxious about going up for the Nats now. Can't wait.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thanks for the Video!! I got to see the "brake Check" toward the end of it!!

Anyone who was on the fence about the Nats should sign up, book the hotel and travel NOW! This will be a great event at an awesome facility!

Also there is a Quality Suite's close to the track. Has 2 double beds and a living room area with couch and a hot breakfast. 69.00 a night is what we got it for.

EA
Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 AM
TMS
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by skypilot
don't take this the wrong way, but i just watched a 4 minute race video and have no idea of what the track layout was.

follow the leaders for a few laps please. thanks.
You can piece together the photo's to get an idea of the layout.
Left section of track......

Right section(right side was a mirror image of the left side) and back straight.....

The track was flowing with high traction, very nice owner and crew.
Enjoyed racing there, Hope this helped.

Thanks, Richard
Old 04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Looking forward to it,see you at the war up in may
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is this a close approximation to the layout?

I wonder if they will take late entries,
Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would have to say that's dead on. Nice job!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
Ok, I tried to be proactive with this response and put more than an hour between the stimulus (reading the previous post) and response (writing this post).
First guys were bashing the condition of the track and now my video? My purpose at the track is to watch my son race and help him with his car. I take pictures and video because I enjoy doing it. In the past three weekends at the track I have taken more than 1000 pictures. You did not watch a 4 minute race video you watched a 4 minute video of a day of racing. It was a compilation of several races throughout the day as well as a few selected pictures. I spent almost 4 hours of my Sunday going through pictures and video and putting this together because I thought people would enjoy seeing some highlights of the days events. I didn't realize at the time I was making a video for drivers to scout the track.

My only conection with the track is that my son races there and I consider Q to be a friend. When I volunteer my time to help with the track, video, pictures, etc I would prefer either a good job, thanks, etc. or no comment at all rather than criticism. I am sure most other volunteers feel the same.
-me-
when i posted my "suggestion" i hoped it wouldn't hurt anyones feelers, however i apparently was wrong. So i will apoligize to you for doing so.

when i clicked on the video link i was excited that someone took the time and effort to make a video.

i was only asking for a favor for the next video, and even gave you your thanks ahead of time.

once again, i apoligize.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have to agree with EA... I and part of my team took the 10 hr trip to Arkansas last week with the hugh gas prices. My idea of trip was to check out area for nats and get a idea what Nats will be about, With this host. Upon our arrival Friday..Quinn was more than helpfull with Area fun facts,Hotels, Food places among a great attitude.

Racing.. Locals were there bright and early to prep track. Track took a beating in a midnight storm from he**. Track was race ready by 9:30am.

Racing was fun..Quinn and crew made a fun event. Track was fun to drive and all things about this place rock. But I will bring a saw-zaw for my antenna to clear driver stand...

This will be a race to attend in 2008!!

Quinn.. Those Bull Dogs are awsome...
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
You the man John. The video has been well received by most. And if not who cares! I like it, you like it, and cpt. super glue likes it.

Besides Im sure this other dude just had a bad day or something. Or he did'nt realize the intent (or lack there of) of the video. He did say "dont take this the wrong way".

Anyway back to the regularly schedule programing.

PS Attention locals, please dont bash the video critic.
like the others, i did enjoy the video, and maybe i should have started my post off with that instead, but like i have explained, i only wanted to see the whole track and layout. didn't mean to upset anyone.

btw, entry fee, plane ticket and room all paid for, so i'll be there regardless. maybe i can treat you guys to dinner or something to make up for error in judgement

TMS and TRAILBLAZER thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thanks for the Video!! I got to see the "brake Check" toward the end of it!!

EA
It was a professional foul... haha! U actually recovered quite well.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Regional Moderator

like the others, i did enjoy the video, and maybe i should have started my post off with that instead, but like i have explained, i only wanted to see the whole track and layout. didn't mean to upset anyone.

btw, entry fee, plane ticket and room all paid for, so i'll be there regardless. maybe i can treat you guys to dinner or something to make up for error in judgement

Its all good. I talked to John (88crewchief) and I beleive he is over it. We can look forward to many new "Team 88 Productions" in the near future.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

"Team 88"... I LIKE IT!!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Your post did catch me at a bad time this morning but it has been my experience when someone starts a sentence with "Don't take this the wrong way" it normally is taken the wrong way. I can appreciate your wanting to follow a race on video but that wasn't the purpose of this video. It was put together with a progam I have that automaticaly takes video, pictures and music and edits them together for a finished result. Video editing is time consuming and when I get some extra time I will sit down and manually edit a video.

As Q said "It's all good".
Old 04-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Lets Race!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Did anyone notice the Orange Corner Marshal Cones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.