Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

monkeyracing.cz

what motor you are using? Are there any timing advance on the motor?
BTW, this is normal since this new firmware take care much on the senors an will disable throttle if the sensors or sensor cable having problem. You can try replace a new sensor cable or to see is the connector deeply inserted in the ESC side and motor side.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topher2009
Mr Dragonfly,

I very much appreciate you and the other TW guys taking the time to explain the workings of the tunable timing parameters on the RB series. Could you possibly ask TW to produce a more helpful instruction manual than they currently do as I am sure if they are changing the way the modes work with new firmware, everyone will get too confused and (probably me first!!) will cook all the electronics in the car!!

Regards

Chris
Hi Chris. This new firmware is a lot different than previous releases. I have no doubt that Team Wave will release good instructions to go with this fantastic new firmware.

From my experience, this firmware is both very adjustable and easy to tune. Not needing a laptop is a big plus. Its great to be able to change a setting trackside and seconds later feel the difference. Can't wait for its final release.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

thank you teamwave for fast response.

timing on motor side is in default position.

first combo is RB-30 + TW Linear 17.5T
second combo is RB-30 + Fantom racing ION 17.5T

both are doing the same issue.
(and another one friend's RB-30 + TW 17.5T too)
all combos in "brushless with reverse" setting (9-2)

but as I wrote it's only in very very low RPMs (throtle from neutral to 5% cca).

when car is moving already there are no issues and everything works well.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Pablo Diablo;7273700] This new firmware is a lot different than previous releases. QUOTE]

OK, I will forget about trying to understand the current firmware then! I will wait for the (what I am now calling) "Wonderware" and then try figure out how that works!

Anyone got an idea for when this Wonderware will be released? weeks, months......

Ta

Chris
Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz
thank you teamwave for fast response.

timing on motor side is in default position.

first combo is RB-30 + TW Linear 17.5T
second combo is RB-30 + Fantom racing ION 17.5T

both are doing the same issue.
(and another one friend's RB-30 + TW 17.5T too)
all combos in "brushless with reverse" setting (9-2)

but as I wrote it's only in very very low RPMs (throtle from neutral to 5% cca).

when car is moving already there are no issues and everything works well.
Considering the focus of this software is racing it may be possible that some sort of glitch is present when using reverse. I suggest you try turning it off (setting 9-1) and see if that solves the problem.

[QUOTE=topher2009;7276558]
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
This new firmware is a lot different than previous releases. QUOTE]

OK, I will forget about trying to understand the current firmware then! I will wait for the (what I am now calling) "Wonderware" and then try figure out how that works!

Anyone got an idea for when this Wonderware will be released? weeks, months......

Ta

Chris
I am hoping it won't be long. The latest version has worked very well on the track but isn't perfect yet. When it looks fast AND reliable AND easy to use Team Wave will release it on their web site.

We have been testing it with a wide variety of motors (brands and turns) so when it is ready we should also be able to post a guide to using the new software including starting FDR's for various motors (although my exp will be on-road TC) and how to tune the software to your needs.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Sounds perfect mr dragonfire, look forward to reading your guides. best of luck with your testing.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

But still estimated date would be good to know
Old 04-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by audriusv
But still estimated date would be good to know
I thought I gave an estimate of about a month earlier but if not thats how long I think it will be from what I see now. Of course this is an estimate, not a fact.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Mr Dragonfire,

Do you know of anyone in Brisbane witht he handheld programmer thingy so i can upload the latest firmware to my RB-30.

Will the new firmware you are working on be compatible with my speedy or will i have to buy a new one?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nudge2325
Hey Mr Dragonfire,

Do you know of anyone in Brisbane witht he handheld programmer thingy so i can upload the latest firmware to my RB-30.

Will the new firmware you are working on be compatible with my speedy or will i have to buy a new one?
The software will work on all RB series ESC's. The limits will be a function of the ESC as before. The handheld programmer is very cheap to buy (around $20) so you can buy one when you get a chance. I imagine that windsor hobbies will have some soon with the next order of ESC's.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Dear experts!

Just a quick question, I have now got an RBS with the latest firmware (after blowing my RB30 up by connecting it up the wrong way around). If the car is stationary, and I put the power on very slowly, the car seems to "jump" forward rather than creep. Also if traveling backwards and I release the power (car rolling back) and put forward power on, nothing happens then once the car has stopped completely the car will shoot forward.

Is this the motor "cogging"??

I was thinking about trying the earlier versions of the firmware on the speedy to see if it helps at all and to help confirm that it is the motor rather than anything to do with the speedy (it didnt do this with the RB30 before it blew) - I presume there is no worry with downgrading the firmware??. The motor is a Tekin 10.5 redline by the way.

Thanks

Chris
Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Can`t wait for the new firmware im hoping it will turn a good speedo into a ballistic one
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Certainly is getting better. The hard part is working the gearing out. Making sure on track it spools up quick and then hits Turbo early enough for it to really make a difference.

Can't wait to try it outdoors
Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by russmini
Certainly is getting better. The hard part is working the gearing out. Making sure on track it spools up quick and then hits Turbo early enough for it to really make a difference.

Can't wait to try it outdoors
I am finding the new "turbo" system quite good but it is not 1/2 as good as the improvements to "timeshift". You can disable turbo and race around on even terms with the LRP SXX SS no worries. I ran at a track last night that had a sort straight into a sweeper and then a longer straight. With a good line you could hold the sweeper at full noise then rocket up the straight. The top speed on a 17.5 was immense! Me and my brother where going past other cars like they were silver cans. To be fair I don't believe there was a decent 17.5 setup running (Tekin, LRP, MMP, BD atc...) but I have yet to be out motored by any of them with this software yet anyway.

Hey russmini... What motors are you using? FDR's and temps? Highest temp I have seen so far was 72C outdoors on a warm day (about 30C ambient).

Tropher2009: 1st thing I would try is a different sensor lead. Kinda seems like its struggling with one phase.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I was running Turbo 2 with some timeshift to smooth the transition a bit. 8 i think on the Drive Profile and was running a 7.1 FD
I didn't get round to doing an actual temp check, but... I touched the motor as soon as i finished and it was warm at best.
The track was a high ish grip indoor track that was quite tight, but with a nice straight/sweeper where you could make some time up.
I originally had it on Turbo 1 and 6.8 FD
When i changed the Turbo and gearing it felt a lot more lively.

Just using Timeshift and no Turbo sounds on bench testing very slow. Not tried on track cause i didn't fancy getting blown away.

Oh and because i left my LED Setting Module at home on saturday, i had to use the button on the speedo. Took some getting used to, but once i'd done it a few times, not bad at all...

At a very big track in 2 weeks, hoping my new TC will be here as well, but may well be my Schumachers swan song. Can't wait to see it down the straights and through the infield with the speedo. It's a quick track and should really show any failings up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.