Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Yea...I hear ya... It will be a few weeks before I jump into the 23 turn stuff...Im still sobbing over the check I had to handout Monday!!

EA
OK
BTW no pressure or anything

-Dave
Old 07-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey Dave... do you know what the difference is between the old Type R-R and the new "RZ" motor? the Tamiya website doesnt really specify what they changed.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone here tried the Team Mirage stock motor brush liquid? I think it is black in color.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Kawada 23t in the U.S!

They are currently out of stock,but the U.S distributor for Kawada sells there 23t motors .There next shipment due soon, it will be the new "2004"versions with new endbell,dse connectors,r-coating for cooling and internal cooling blades.they have stand-up and laydown versions.These motors are very popular in Japan!
They are selling out quick, even in the U.S. seems like there is alot of interest in 23t motors in the U.S lately?a couple of racers i know have 23t motors that are faster than there 19t motors even one's from aftermarket companies.
Just wanted people to know!!
laz
www.kawadamodel.co.jp <---kawada in japan
www.kawadaracing.com <--- U.S site
the Japan site has more info on the new 23t motors and there is a english page ,U.S site has not updated there site yet!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Kawada 23t in the U.S!

Originally posted by lazarus
They are currently out of stock,but the U.S distributor for Kawada sells there 23t motors .There next shipment due soon, it will be the new "2004"versions with new endbell,dse connectors,r-coating for cooling and internal cooling blades.they have stand-up and laydown versions.These motors are very popular in Japan!
They are selling out quick, even in the U.S. seems like there is alot of interest in 23t motors in the U.S lately?a couple of racers i know have 23t motors that are faster than there 19t motors even one's from aftermarket companies.
Just wanted people to know!!
laz
www.kawadamodel.co.jp <---kawada in japan
www.kawadaracing.com <--- U.S site
the Japan site has more info on the new 23t motors and there is a english page ,U.S site has not updated there site yet!
SOunds like some good news for you guys that want a pretty good 23T motor... the Kawada VT-R is the one you might want.. lots of torque and can be geared to the moon
-Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dave - I picked up a Tamiya Super Stock-RR today to get some practice with a 23T before going to TCS Nats this month.

Any suggestions for brushes/springs? From the looks of the brushes that came in the motor, the brush hoods are aligned pretty well. Going to fine tune them, though.

Any help you can offer is appreciated greatly.

For the record, this is a Tamiya Super Stock type RR with gun metal can and red anodized heatsinks.

Thanks again,

Rob
Old 08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by losirob
Dave - I picked up a Tamiya Super Stock-RR today to get some practice with a 23T before going to TCS Nats this month.

Any suggestions for brushes/springs? From the looks of the brushes that came in the motor, the brush hoods are aligned pretty well. Going to fine tune them, though.

Any help you can offer is appreciated greatly.

For the record, this is a Tamiya Super Stock type RR with gun metal can and red anodized heatsinks.

Thanks again,

Rob
OK You have the good RR then How big is the track that your at..?? Also ..just double check the hoods and get a little more spring tension on the + side...but not too much... you should see about 24000 rpm @ 5V and about 6amps... if you have a good one other than that kick the brushes that are in this motor to the curb they are junk....
-Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

The track I'll be running it at is about 140' x 65' or so... Of course, TCS Nats are held at the TamiyaUSA track in Aliso Viejo, CA. I'm not exactly sure what the handout motors will be for Nats, but I'm hoping this will be close.

Also, someone hand wrote "150" on the box, and engraved "150" on the can near the timing marks. Any idea what this means?

Rob
Old 08-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

The track I'll be running it at is about 140' x 65' or so... Of course, TCS Nats are held at the TamiyaUSA track in Aliso Viejo, CA. I'm not exactly sure what the handout motors will be for Nats, but I'm hoping this will be close.

Also, someone hand wrote "150" on the box, and engraved "150" on the can near the timing marks. Any idea what this means?

Rob
150..?? Where did you get this motor from..?? .... I think that Tamiya will be using a different motor this year for TCS... there is a buzz in Japan right now that they are going to be using the TZ if so that motor really moves.. lots of torque.. but if they use the RZ then your still in for a treat.. much improved over the RR
-Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

This motor came directly from Tamiya USA.

Why?

Rob
Old 08-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

This motor came directly from Tamiya USA.

Why?

Rob
hmmm maybe they had then serialized for handouts.?? who knows
-Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default 23t for the Tamiya nats

GT-1 will be using a Spec Tamiya 23turn motor. This will be a new motor introduced at the North American Finals. (Super Stock Motor RZ #53697)

F-1 will be using a Tamiya spec 23turn motor (Super Stock motor TZ #53696). This motor is similar to the one that is being used for GT-1 except for the fact that it uses standard upright brushes.

Still on order at Towerhobbies but can be purchased overseas.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: 23t for the Tamiya nats

Originally posted by tomdav
GT-1 will be using a Spec Tamiya 23turn motor. This will be a new motor introduced at the North American Finals. (Super Stock Motor RZ #53697)

F-1 will be using a Tamiya spec 23turn motor (Super Stock motor TZ #53696). This motor is similar to the one that is being used for GT-1 except for the fact that it uses standard upright brushes.

Still on order at Towerhobbies but can be purchased overseas.
the TZ has a Torque blank rotor... 3mm core 3 port rotor... Kind of similare to a Yokomo 23T ST

and the RZ has a Rpm blank rotor 3mm core 6 port rotor Kind of similar to the Yokomo 23T LR

both of Tamiya's motors this year are very good... I love the TZ
-Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

yup.. these arent the handouts.. we just got some to play with in the meantime. mine had "157" on the box and can. the RZ motor has been spec'd for North American finals in GT1-sedan, the TZ (standup) has been chosen for F201... i would suppose to use the limited gearing for that car to match the torque of the TZ.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

dave, any ideas as to what the difference is between the RZ and the older RR that we got to play with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.