Wiki Posts
Search

Monster HP Stock, Glitching Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Monster HP Stock, Glitching Problems

Has anyone else had problems with these motors glitching a lot? I have not been having this problem with my p2k's or p2k2's. I have 3 monsters now and have tried several things to take care of the problem but nothing seems to work. I have tried new brushes, different speed controls, extra caps, shotky diodes teflon and phenolic spacers etc. I do cut the comm after every 3 runs and it still does'nt seem to help. Please post here if you have any tips.

Blake
Old 07-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Check your hood alignment and make sure the brushes dont cock in the hoods. This can lead to excessive arcing which can lead to glitching.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've seen a couple of these with glitching problems, mine included. I took off the capacitor board on top and just soldered up some regular capacitors and it was fine. so much for preinstalled caps
Old 07-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

on the capacitor board on the endbell there shud be like a hook that goes from the endbell srews to the board.if this aint here the caps are not doing ne thing.result.arcing.result interference
Old 07-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yep thats easily overlooked
Old 07-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Monster HP Stock, Glitching Problems

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Has anyone else had problems with these motors glitching a lot? I have not been having this problem with my p2k's or p2k2's. I have 3 monsters now and have tried several things to take care of the problem but nothing seems to work. I have tried new brushes, different speed controls, extra caps, shotky diodes teflon and phenolic spacers etc. I do cut the comm after every 3 runs and it still does'nt seem to help. Please post here if you have any tips.

Blake
That's strange that this problem is on all three of your monsters. Or is it only one of them? If it is all three, then maybe there is an underlying problem, but if it's only one, then it's just that one motor. What type of car do you drive? Graphite, plastic? Is your antenna wire frayed, or wrapped around something? How is your receiver, are you running crystals or synthesized? Don't rule out the rest of the car just because the motor seems to be glitching.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

I had the same problem and now I put normal caps on all my motors just in case the pre instaled ones do not work for some reason.