Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traitor
I dont have any pics handy, i can take some although i dont know how to post them but can try.Carpet track smallish in size dont know exact size my tires are trued to 45mm rear and 44mm front,yes i did balance it when I put together with those hudy balance pin things will check again.What kind of photos do you need ,where on car exactly? thanks for help
With cars not having t-bars anymore close ups of ft and rear would be helpful

12th cars are very sensitive which is why I like them so even 1 mm can throw a car off but sounds like something you are just missing in seeing to cause such a drastic turn left scenario
Old 10-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

sorry i posted pics 1 page back , thanks for ur help
Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

sorry i posted pics 1 page back , thanks for ur help
Well at least it looks super nice and stuff...lol

The only thing I saw was the rear shock left ball cup was not all the way screwed in hence when turning left it bottoms out on shock body cap otherwise you'll just have to come out and race with David or myself so we can help you

Hope you figure it out
Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Traitor,

You drove the car already? Have you hit anything hard? Loose the gold springs I think there to hard for the inline conversion. I drive the green ones on med grip carpet.

Also, for lifting one wheel check your front springs If one has collapsed it will start lifting.

Check the rearpod tweak. Mount new tires, and measure the ride hight underneed the outer flaps of your rear pod (where the side springs lean on) if the ride hight isn't the same your pod is tweakt.

Check your tires, If they start to peel of the rim they will make the car flip alos.

check nothings is binding in the wires...

Regards Robert
Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I dont have any pics handy, i can take some although i dont know how to post them but can try.Carpet track smallish in size dont know exact size, med grip, my tires are trued to 45mm rear and 44mm front,yes i did balance it when I put together with those hudy balance pin things will check again.What kind of photos do you need ,where on car exactly? thanks for help
I'm with infinite on this one.

The side shock end should be threaded all the way in, otherwise it will limit roll to one side.

When you installed the center footbal pivot, did you make sure the pod was absolutely free of bind ?

Also, if you have decent grip carpet, 44mm front is quite large, what compound tires to you have on there ?

For comparison.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I still got it ...lol

And congrats on qualifying for the A-main
Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Well at least it looks super nice and stuff...lol

The only thing I saw was the rear shock left ball cup was not all the way screwed in hence when turning left it bottoms out on shock body cap otherwise you'll just have to come out and race with David or myself so we can help you

Hope you figure it out
good eye didnt notice that.as i am a newb to this I really appreciate the help,I will fix and test on wednesday
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Traitor,

You drove the car already? Have you hit anything hard? Loose the gold springs I think there to hard for the inline conversion. I drive the green ones on med grip carpet.

Also, for lifting one wheel check your front springs If one has collapsed it will start lifting.

Check the rearpod tweak. Mount new tires, and measure the ride hight underneed the outer flaps of your rear pod (where the side springs lean on) if the ride hight isn't the same your pod is tweakt.

Check your tires, If they start to peel of the rim they will make the car flip alos.

Regards Robert
Thank you robert,Yes oh yes Ive hit stuff hard lol obviously i dont mean too and I check it for tweak and check car over after.I didnt know u could tweak the rear pod itself,if it is tweaked how do I untweak? just loosen all screw do up again?thanks everyone for help I hope i get this figured out soon its pretty fustrating.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Traitor,

Regards Robert

The side shock end should be threaded all the way in, otherwise it will limit roll to one side.

When you installed the center footbal pivot, did you make sure the pod was absolutely free of bind ?

Also, if you have decent grip carpet, 44mm front is quite large, what compound tires to you have on there ?

For comparison.

yes I have checked the center pivot to be free 2maybe 3 times after I built thinking it was too tight,seems good and loose. I also made sure that the side links were nice and free and free from binding thinking they could be doing the problem.I have tried jaco black fronts orange rears,jaco dbl pink,pink rears(on in photo). The black orange combo felt better all around to me. What diameter tire size do you suggest? im running 17.5 boosted for time being .
Old 10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

About how much wobble(if any) should the spur gear have, side to side, if the motor/pinion is off the car?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
About how much wobble(if any) should the spur gear have, side to side, if the motor/pinion is off the car?
As much as it needs.
Shouldn't be an issue, though I've heard for mod some guys like to use Kimbrough spurs for less wobble ?
I've run them, as well as Xenon, & PRS and don't see any difference.

Nice thing about the new Xenon gears, is they use 16 1/8 diff balls.

traitor
44mm Rear, 42mm front is a decent starting point for high grip carpet.
Though if the car isn't lifting the inside wheels on tight turns, you can run larger dia.
At Vegas last week, many of us were starting at 42 rear, 40mm front, and on my blinky car they were more like 40.5 rear, 39.5 front. Itty bitties
But that's on Extreme High grip new rug.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As much as it needs.
Shouldn't be an issue, though I've heard for mod some guys like to use Kimbrough spurs for less wobble ?
I've run them, as well as Xenon, & PRS and don't see any difference.

Nice thing about the new Xenon gears, is they use 16 1/8 diff balls.
This is with a RW 70t Spur for my blinky car...

Good to hear that it shouldn't be an issue... I may pick up some Kimbrough spurs for peace of mind though. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any word on when the new chassis will come as a kit?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default set up info

Hi ,
Just ran my lipo chassis car for the first time Sunday on new carpet.
Really like the car handling on the infield but want to improve certain things.
I ran 44mm pink rear and 42mm purple front. Have gold springs all around.
I am running 17.5 non-boost with a 65 c batt. with a roll out at almost 107mm . I am looking for more corner exit speed . Also should I be lubing up the front king pins if so how thick an oil do you suggest and What effect does this give the car?
Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Hi ,
Just ran my lipo chassis car for the first time Sunday on new carpet.
Really like the car handling on the infield but want to improve certain things.
I ran 44mm pink rear and 42mm purple front. Have gold springs all around.
I am running 17.5 non-boost with a 65 c batt. with a roll out at almost 107mm . I am looking for more corner exit speed . Also should I be lubing up the front king pins if so how thick an oil do you suggest and What effect does this give the car?
Thanks
Purple Pink should push the front a lot !

Try
Blue center spring, 25wt
Silver side springs, 20wt
.020" front springs, with a tiny bit of preload.
Black front, Yellow rear tires will free it up a bunch, pink rear is for mod, too much rear grip for stock spec.

If you need even more front grip, try magenta front, Yellow rear. or even grey rear.

At Vegas for the iic last week, 40.5mm rear tires, 39.5 front tires had more than enough grip for 8 mins.

Lubing the king pins with 30k silicon, will have a very minor effect, good for a bumpy track, or on a smooth track will have more initial steering response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.