Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Anyone know about the "new" Vette from Protoform? Is that just a rumor, or does it have teeth?
I think I remember Dale saying on the Pro10 Class discussion that they were going to update their C6 mold and re-release it. Im sure he could jump in here and verify that for us though
Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Unregistered
We ran a different qualifying structure for our F103 series locally a couple years ago. As a racer it was nice to run some thing different but it was a nightmare for the guy running the computer. Resorting heats, and messing up the program. Manual inputs etc.

If the lap counting software won't run the race all day without having to be reset, it's a pain. Keeping it simple 5 min quals and mains is probably a good place to start IMO.

That seems pretty fair. I thought itd be an interesting idea after watching A1GP the last couple years, but if simplicity is the way to go then I dont see a problem with it.

Originally Posted by ZipZap
We're all waiting for our orders...

Here's my 2 cents:

I would like a 2s LiPo combination for both indoor and outdoor. That may be a 17.5 or higher for indoor and a 10.5/13.5 for outdoor. I really think having a lot of competitive choices (chassis, batteries, motors, bodies) is the key to any class. I have seen several classes in the past that have narrowed to a very small set of competitive choices, and this typically ended up in boredom...
I know Mr Breiner from BMI weighed in on this at one point and he had mentioned something about what to do about power sources for indoor and outdoor racing. I know that LiPo is pretty much the future and I think that integrating it into this will definitely be a key to class success.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

We curently do performace balancing with our VTA class with Lipo and 4 cell and it seems to work pretty well so far. Also I like the GT10 name you've given these cars on this thread .
Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

OK, so I can't wait to get one of the new cars. Am really stoked to order. Just trying to decide which one...BMI or CRC. Input on pros and cons of each would be great guys.

And in order to make sure I get one I picked up my new body today. i cant have a body sittin garound and no chassis to put it on now can I

Here is what is going on it...HPI TVR Tuscan Speed 6

Cant wait to run her.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

That is gonna look really cool man...

Hey folks when you get your chassis, how about posting pics up for everybody to look at.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin Johny
OK, so I can't wait to get one of the new cars. Am really stoked to order. Just trying to decide which one...BMI or CRC. Input on pros and cons of each would be great guys.
Speed Merchant Formula Pro 10

But really, how can anyone post about the pros and cons if the cars aren't even in the hands of Joe Public? All you are going to get right now is people's bias toward each company they already have an affinity for. Wait till there is a variety of cars in the hands of the public, then start asking questions as to which car is the best for what.

All the companies that are known to be in the game have released contenders in the past. The chassis that people pick will probably be fine for club racing, and racing on the national level. These companies are working as fast as they can to get this stuff on the market, even with big races happening once a month and minor races happening twice a month. I have also heard that there are carbon shortages due to the war sucking it up for use in needed equipment.... Everyone needs to show some patients. We also want to see the designs tweaked for best performance, the RC world doesn't need a Windows Vista.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by timmay70
Speed Merchant Formula Pro 10

But really, how can anyone post about the pros and cons if the cars aren't even in the hands of Joe Public? All you are going to get right now is people's bias toward each company they already have an affinity for. Wait till there is a variety of cars in the hands of the public, then start asking questions as to which car is the best for what.

All the companies that are known to be in the game have released contenders in the past. The chassis that people pick will probably be fine for club racing, and racing on the national level. These companies are working as fast as they can to get this stuff on the market, even with big races happening once a month and minor races happening twice a month. I have also heard that there are carbon shortages due to the war sucking it up for use in needed equipment.... Everyone needs to show some patients. We also want to see the designs tweaked for best performance, the RC world doesn't need a Windows Vista.
I realize that the public has not gotten their hands on the product yet to be able to formulate an opinion on performance. What I was trying to get at was after seeing the detailed pictures and hearing variours reports, is there any goods and bads that are seen in these two cars. For example, is the battery retention system on the CRC more advantages than the BMI. What about the front suspension. that kind of input would be good. People must have some idea of what they want and why they will choose that way

Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Well I know that CRC has already had theirs out for a while. I dont know how many people have bought it, though. the BMI hits the public in the next week or so but Im sure we will start seeing reports here soon enough. I know Jimmy has been sitting on some stuff until he can get some definite track time as well
Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The cool part is, all of the cars are unique in there own way. All of the companies went there own direction which is really cool. You can take a quick glance and see which one it is without thinking. All of the manufacturers did a great job in a very short time and produced super high end race cars. Kudos everyone.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Jason. I really like the look of your setup. So clean and compact. AS you can see my search is basically boiled down to two cars. My main concern is availability of spar parts. I know my track carries CRC but from what I am seeing getting the IRS stuff should be easy for your car as well.

Decisions, decisons.

Another question...what wheels do these run?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I think that this would be a good list to start from. I posted it in the Pro10 discussion but thought Id bring it over here now that I see there was already a thread for this given class:

HPI Racing
Ford Mustang GT-R (part # 17504)
Chevrolet Corvette C6 (part # 17503)[
Lamborghini Gallardo (part # 7489)
Mazda RX-8 (Part # 7488)
Saleen S7R (part #7469)
Ford GT (part #7495)
Lamborghini Murcielago (part #7477)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (part #7474) (The TVR T400R is the closest I can find to this particular body)
Nissan 350Z GT (part #7485)
Lotus Elise 2000 (part # 7476)
BMW M3 GT (part # 7452)/
BMW M5 GT (part # 7450)

Protoform

Corvette C6-R (part # 141800)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (part # 311600)

(Note: the Nissan 350Z runs in the Japanese GT Championship and the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 ran in FIA and British GT in the 90s and I believe early in the 21st century)
You're forgetting some of the most famous GT cars of recent years from one of the more prestigious GT leagues in the world. Super GT, formerly the JGTC.
You've got the Supra, MR-S, and SC430 from the Toyota camp. Various GT-R Skylines, Fairlaidy Z's, and the S14 and S15 Silvia from the Nissan camp. The NSX from the Honda camp. The FD3-S RX-7 from the Mazda camp. The Impreza also runs in the GT300 division for Cusco. Then there are various 911's and the McClaren F1 that have won championships in the series and there are plenty of privateers running Lambos and Ferraris.

If you guys are going to run GT bodies cars like the NSX GT, Supra GT, and Skyline GT-Rs should be some of the first ones considered IMO.

Also, here's a list of of the Speed GT cars for the speed world challenge from a couple years ago.

Aston Martin DB9
Audi S4 (TT) (-2002)
Audi RS4 (2006)
Audi RS6 (2003-2004)
BMW M3 (E46, 2000-2005)
BMW M3 (E90 2006-)
Cadillac CTS-V (2004)
Chevrolet Corvette (C5, 1997-2004)
Chevrolet Corvette (C6, 2005-)
Dodge Viper GTS (-2002)
Dodge Viper Comp Coupe (2003-)
Ferrari 360
Ford GT
Ford Mustang (2000-2004)
Ford Mustang (2005-)
GM Firebird/Camaro (1993-2002)
Lotus Esprit V8
Lincoln LS-8
Mazda RX-8
Mitsubishi Evo 8
Morgan Aero 8
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-tune
Pontiac GTO
Porsche 911 (996, 1998-2004)
Porsche 911 (996, 2005)
Porsche 911 (997, 2006)
Porsche 911 (AWD, TT)
Saleen SR351 (1999-2004)
Subaru WRX STi
Volvo S60-R

The you have the FIA GT with a lot of Astons, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, and Maserattis.

Various other cars made by Mosler, Ascari, Gillet, Gineta, and Morgan in the 3 leagues mentioned.

My point, there are a TON of cars out there that race in bigtime GT leagues and many of them are available as a 200mm RC body so they should be available to use IMO.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin Johny
Thanks Jason. I really like the look of your setup. So clean and compact. AS you can see my search is basically boiled down to two cars. My main concern is availability of spar parts. I know my track carries CRC but from what I am seeing getting the IRS stuff should be easy for your car as well.

Decisions, decisons.

Another question...what wheels do these run?
Thanks buddy. We tried to make it real clean and easy as well as functional as well. You can have your hobby store set up an account with us. Our parts are usually always in stock and ship the same day you order.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ike
You're forgetting some of the most famous GT cars of recent years from one of the more prestigious GT leagues in the world. Super GT, formerly the JGTC.
You've got the Supra, MR-S, and SC430 from the Toyota camp. Various GT-R Skylines, Fairlaidy Z's, and the S14 and S15 Silvia from the Nissan camp. The NSX from the Honda camp. The FD3-S RX-7 from the Mazda camp. The Impreza also runs in the GT300 division for Cusco. Then there are various 911's and the McClaren F1 that have won championships in the series and there are plenty of privateers running Lambos and Ferraris.

If you guys are going to run GT bodies cars like the NSX GT, Supra GT, and Skyline GT-Rs should be some of the first ones considered IMO.

Also, here's a list of of the Speed GT cars for the speed world challenge from a couple years ago.

Aston Martin DB9
Audi S4 (TT) (-2002)
Audi RS4 (2006)
Audi RS6 (2003-2004)
BMW M3 (E46, 2000-2005)
BMW M3 (E90 2006-)
Cadillac CTS-V (2004)
Chevrolet Corvette (C5, 1997-2004)
Chevrolet Corvette (C6, 2005-)
Dodge Viper GTS (-2002)
Dodge Viper Comp Coupe (2003-)
Ferrari 360
Ford GT
Ford Mustang (2000-2004)
Ford Mustang (2005-)
GM Firebird/Camaro (1993-2002)
Lotus Esprit V8
Lincoln LS-8
Mazda RX-8
Mitsubishi Evo 8
Morgan Aero 8
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-tune
Pontiac GTO
Porsche 911 (996, 1998-2004)
Porsche 911 (996, 2005)
Porsche 911 (997, 2006)
Porsche 911 (AWD, TT)
Saleen SR351 (1999-2004)
Subaru WRX STi
Volvo S60-R

The you have the FIA GT with a lot of Astons, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, and Maserattis.

Various other cars made by Mosler, Ascari, Gillet, Gineta, and Morgan in the 3 leagues mentioned.

My point, there are a TON of cars out there that race in bigtime GT leagues and many of them are available as a 200mm RC body so they should be available to use IMO.

Well if you can help out with findin some of these bods Ike that would be a real big help. I really listed the ones I could actually look up. I know that HPI has a number of those on their body listing but a lot of those I have not been aware of anyone releasing them for 190 or 200 (and Im even thinking of Tamiya)
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Well if you can help out with findin some of these bods Ike that would be a real big help. I really listed the ones I could actually look up. I know that HPI has a number of those on their body listing but a lot of those I have not been aware of anyone releasing them for 190 or 200 (and Im even thinking of Tamiya)
Yeah, a lot of them are not available. I'd be glad to help fill in some of the ones not on your list.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

To pull a quote I heard once..."please and thank you"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.