Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cyclone, lrp, others???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

We have excellent service from Novak, and we are on the other side of the World.

We have used Novak for years, without trouble. We have 2 of their Millenium Pro chargers which are excellent. We have used Cyclones for years and will now be fitting the new TC2s.

I certainly recommend them. They are the only ones that just keep going.

regards and Happy new year.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

My first speedo was an LRP indy 600 that went into my XX4 and stayed there for 2 years without one problem. Then I got into on road and purchased two V6's. Both of them performed flawlessly for a year and a half in mod TC and mod 4WD off road in very hot weather.

When I felt they were getting a little old they were sold and I decided to give Novak a try. Enter on Atom for my TC3 and one Cylcone for my XXX. Not one problem in over a year! I have two Quantum Comps for next week.

I can say that the replaceable wires on the Novak speedos is great and there reliablity was never a question for me.

LRP makes top of the line equipment and for me were just as reliable. If you take care of your car and your equipment you should be fine with any of the speedos mentioned.
Old 12-31-2001, 03:29 AM
Regional Moderator

i used to run a novak dually on my yokomo special...it ran well for about a year with no problems.....then sudenly it stopped... i switched to a lrp v7.1 and its been running well for some months now...and i find it very good...it has more peak power then the cyclones (it has 610A and the cyclone 480A)....and its cheaper too.... at the moment i still prefare the v7 to the quantum....its more reliable..
Old 12-31-2001, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Adam, be fair. Tell the readers of rctech why your Novak stopped - because you ran the car into a deep puddle of water.

Tell them also that when you changed to Novak it was after 2 of your LRPs went down in the space of a month. Tell them also about all your friends LRPs that have been going up in smoke lately. Be fair. Give the readers the full story. And tell them how many started the season with LRP and are now running Novak again.

In those days you were as anti LRP as you are anti Novak now. Don't ask me why!

I restricted my comments to saying how pleased I was with all the Novak equipment Josh and I have used faultlessly for so many years. In fact by next race meeting we should both be running new TC2 speedos, not because our Tcs have gone up in blue smoke, or orange smoke, but because we were so satisfied with their performance that we have decided to get their next generation speedos.

Happy new year.

Joe.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:43 AM
Regional Moderator

no joe sorry you got the wrong guy, my novak stopped before this championship started (mid summer) normaly no puddles around at that time of the year. and it wasnt me either who blow up 2 lrp's before the novak ( i think you are thinking of karl)
and no i am not anti novak, actually i prefare some of novak's products to lrp's , most of my electronics are novaks (chargers,recievers, and esc's ) i only have one lrp esc on my main car.....
Old 12-31-2001, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

If there is someone who knows exactly what happened to the Lrp speedos sold in Malta I tihnk I am the one who knows since I was the one to send them for repair being the Maltese distributor.

1. During a massive shunt with another car one of my clients Quantum gave way from the double sided tape and unfortunately the casing broke to pieces i.e the speedo was still working perfect until it got damaged unintenionaly

2. The other Quantum sent worked perfectly... it only had a small problem with storing a particular program everynow and then obviously it needed repair

3 The last speedo that Mr. Bull has been blabing about that has gone up in smoke happened after a crash with another car during racing which most probs shorted something resulting in the smoke.

The rests of the speedos sold till this very day still work perfectly with all clients being satisfied with the improved efficiency they get from there Quantums. No body takes any credit away from Novak who also produce excellent products but unfortunately when you have some agent who sells them who is trying to do as much damage as possible to other distributors as he cannot except the fact that competition exists you end up with a lot crap being said.

I also wonder how people can say that the Quantum isn't good after having been voted best Speedo...follow this link.

http://www.wildhobbies.com/rc2001/page1.asp

All The Best !!!!

Pro Models
Old 12-31-2001, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

I have been buying speedos left and right so many till i have problem counting. Among them are:

LRP V7.1/Quantum Competition
Novak Duster/Hammer Pro/Super Rooster/TC
Keyence 01/Zero V Extreme/Zero V Extreme 2002
Schulze Eagle 3+
Mtroniks RZr/RZ
GM V12WE/V12XC
Futaba 330CR

My Favourite is the Keyence Zero V Extremes they have settings that make the rest of the Speedos look like Toys from the kids department stores. All the settings can be done without extra equipment like wizards and programmers. The punch from the Keyence is, simply put, breath taking. The second is the Mtroniks with their variable frequency and huge capacitors provide one hell of a punch but can be a little draining on cells. The schulze is an interesting but needs a Laptop to be programmed efficiently. The quantum's are great and they have worked very well but some what lacking in the puch department compared to the Keyence and the Mtronikc but still edges out the Novaks.

My two cents worth.

Cheers
Old 12-31-2001, 09:21 AM

TO Viper1..... Can you tell me how is GM12XC compared to Keyence Zero V extreme (what's the diffrnt with 2002 model) in terms of puch and efficiency. I know keyence has more adjustment and FETS for the brakes but the punch is what I'm looking for. Also, which one run hotter (the casing) between them. Thanks in advance.

To all... Novak is a great product and well known for it customer service supports in the USA. But Novak IS JUST a Novak. I don't really think they make something that comes out to be the best on performace compared to others. Does todays world champion using them? maybe they are a bit bigger to be putted on todays cars. It just another opinions of mine.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

viper1:
I too have a Keyence Zero V Extreme and found it amazing compared to my cheap m-tronics. I didnt know that there was a 2002 version, what are the differences and do you think that it is worth my getting the 2002?
Old 12-31-2001, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

hey viper 1 ... plz give us feedback on the GMv12XC compared to the keyence v zero xtreme .... i am still thinking and its a tough choice ...... but i m leaning more to the GM ....

tell us which has more punch and which runs hotter ..
Old 12-31-2001, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

johnbull, it does sound a little bit like you are being a bit unfair on LRP. Right now, I think the quantum is probably the best, being it is so small and efficient. I still run a cyclone though, and see no reason to change...Can't beat Novak service
Old 12-31-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Happy New Year and ..

has anybody ever tried the Rocket Max from CS Electronics?

The best and smartest ESC out there.
First to have the switch integrated in the case (long before Novak),
The first to have a digital diplay for easy programming( long before Keyence),
The first to have exchangable wires with gold plugs (long before GM)

and it can be programmed via PC.

This beast got 18 inline fets and it doesn't even get handwarm with an 8-turn motor on carpet.

At a 140 bucks it's as cheap/expensive as the others mentioned here...
Old 12-31-2001, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Happy New Year and ..

Originally posted by stefan
has anybody ever tried the Rocket Max from CS Electronics?

The best and smartest ESC out there.
First to have the switch integrated in the case (long before Novak),
The first to have a digital diplay for easy programming( long before Keyence),
The first to have exchangable wires with gold plugs (long before GM)

and it can be programmed via PC.

This beast got 18 inline fets and it doesn't even get handwarm with an 8-turn motor on carpet.

At a 140 bucks it's as cheap/expensive as the others mentioned here...
Do you have the complete specs for rocket max? Doest it have FETs servo lead? Size? PC cable standard? Thanks
Old 01-01-2002, 12:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Speedo
johnbull, it does sound a little bit like you are being a bit unfair on LRP. Right now, I think the quantum is probably the best, being it is so small and efficient. I still run a cyclone though, and see no reason to change...Can't beat Novak service
i agree, its not correct for someone to bash a product....just because he doesnt sell it and someone else does....not very business like and very inmature...johnbull has been in the threads that his cometition sells (lrp/hpi)....i dont want to sound mean on the first day of the year....but i find it very unfair too...
happy new year!!!
Old 01-01-2002, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

So what!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.