Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey wyd i have been running on carpet practicing for vegas and it seemed like my car would turn really hard initially, and felt like it was lifting, the 3* hubs give it ton of initall steering so i switche to 6* it made the car rotate more, and didnt lose that much steering, just could go down a spring rate and it would give you the steering back. You could always give that a try?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Hey wyd i have been running on carpet practicing for vegas and it seemed like my car would turn really hard initially, and felt like it was lifting, the 3* hubs give it ton of initall steering so i switche to 6* it made the car rotate more, and didnt lose that much steering, just could go down a spring rate and it would give you the steering back. You could always give that a try?
I already have the 6 degree casters on. Are asphalt track when alot of racers show up has most traction than most carpet tracks have. Its pretty wild and when the Nationals come the first weekend on October traction will be higher than ever. It is going to be crazy.

I'm going to try some more droop in the rear and front and then look into getting some thicker front sways for the car as well. I run the stock 1.2 upfront now. Might alos step up in spring as well. I will mess with a few things next weekend.

My car steers great so I don't want to loose the killer steering I have so I will try a few things and see what I come up with. Most tracks you look for steering but at ares many times your trying to get rid of some. I took out 20% on my steering throw and still had killer steering.

I would like one smaller front piston for the car but don't know what others brand pistons might fit and I only seem to see one size for the car if I use factory ones.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

brian, how was the car? how was the motor? novak not up to it?

R
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
brian, how was the car? how was the motor? novak not up to it?

R
Car was pretty good again this week. Track did start to get a ton of traction like the old days and I have not run in that condidtion for about 4 years plus now so the car already had mad steering so it had more and wanted to traction roll if I wasn't careful. Overall still ran well. My car is almost too stuck as it is really glued to the track. New tires wore perfectly and the new Wold aluminum parts looked great and worked even better. Only slop is the whatever the bearings have and the ball cups and thats it. Very happy with everything.

I tried the DUO just to compare back to back with the Novak. I ran the Novak in practice and thru the first round. Ran the DUO in 2nd, 3rd and mains. It really wasn't any faster and my lap times between the two were almost the same. The Novak motor is plenty up to it.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I have been thinking about this for a day or two but I think I will shorten up my front camber links for the first change on my setup. Car has a ton of steering overall and especially middle off with the 6 degree blocks on. Don't want to change alot up front so will go with the front camber link and work from their and see how it goes. I want to also see where the front arm sweep is set at? I guess it is either 1.5 degrees or 2.5 degrees like the stock rear toe in block.

John you still running your car at all or did you Photon finally make in in?

Last edited by wyd; 08-31-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

my nashville enduro team finished 4th qauled 3....my second TA race ever... all 3 of us ran E4's .....2 js's ......1 fs optimized rubber .... alot of die hard electric onroad guys said ours cars looked awesome

man loving this car
Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Not a bad day of racing. We had 23 entries in 17.5 today. I ended up qualifying 3rd and finished 4th overall so not a bad day of running with my E4 today.

Are indoor asphalt ended up getting so much traction since we had a large amount of racers today that I had some traction rolling issues. I had great steering today as normal but the high traction caused me to have a little extra steering and could traction roll if I wasn't careful. WIll work on that for next week. Still a great day overall. Car still was as quiet as ever around the rack and the tires made pretty much no noise thru the corners.

Do any shock pistons fit the TM shocks other than the TM pistons? Just wonder if anyone found anything else that works. I would like a little small hole piston for the car in the front but if something else fits the shocks cool but if not I will have to order some TM pistons.
I have a friend using E4's shocks in his XRay 2009 and perfectly fit, but don;t know if the pistons are interchangeable. They are not expensive, you can try
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I have a friend using E4's shocks in his XRay 2009 and perfectly fit, but don;t know if the pistons are interchangeable. They are not expensive, you can try
I just checked my friend's post, he said the pistons can be used in E4's shock body and he used XRay's everything (shaft, pistons, end ball) with E4's shock body (check the link below).

Here is the link where I uploaded some pics from my country's RC forum, you guys may find some interesting setup and modification, check it out
http://s371.photobucket.com/albums/o...life2008/E4RS/
Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I just checked my friend's post, he said the pistons can be used in E4's shock body and he used XRay's everything (shaft, pistons, end ball) with E4's shock body (check the link below).

Here is the link where I uploaded some pics from my country's RC forum, you guys may find some interesting setup and modification, check it out
Great. I will look into that.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Since this car has battery closely at the center and narrower chassis, it seems to me that the weight balance issue (right to left) has been minimized. Does anyone still add lead on the battery (lipo) if the race doesn't require min weight? If so, where do you guys place the lead to achieve best balance?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

@Forfun,

Can you ask your mate what 2speed gearbox he used there?? and what other parts are needed to complete the conversion??
I would like to try that to and give my club mates a scare

cheers Roy
Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
@Forfun,

Can you ask your mate what 2speed gearbox he used there?? and what other parts are needed to complete the conversion??
I would like to try that to and give my club mates a scare

cheers Roy
Ha..from the picture it looks not many additional parts added

sure I will ask him how to do it
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your to kind

regards Roy

Ha..from the picture it looks not many additional parts added

sure I will ask him how to do it
Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Since this car has battery closely at the center and narrower chassis, it seems to me that the weight balance issue (right to left) has been minimized. Does anyone still add lead on the battery (lipo) if the race doesn't require min weight? If so, where do you guys place the lead to achieve best balance?
SInce I use the Wolf Hobbies steel battery tray I don't need to add any weight to my car when using the Orion 4800 and Orion 5000 packs. When I use my SMC 4100 pack I still need to add about 45 grams of weight. It depends on what batteries you will be using and if you have a weighted battery tray or not.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I like what your buddy did with the rear body mount. It has an aluminum spacer with what looks to be a graphite piece to brace the back end of the body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.