CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
cheers guys will get some CRC ones ordered

Also updated my blog

http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/
Hey, i just saw that little 2.4 receiver in your blog. Do you know if it will work with a 3pm 2.4 fasst?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

hi,

judging by the chart at the bottom of this page:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/accessories/modules.html

it should work as it is just the steerwheel version of the 3VCS!

All the specs are here for the small receiver:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=95
Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have a question for all:

last night i while racing at the local carpet track i discovered razor like slices on the front tires only. some of the lengths were from the outside to inside of the wheel.

what makes this odd... out of 7 of us racing everyone had these slices! it didn't matter if it was jaco or bsr's, inside or outside of the wheel, left or the right one, tire diameter, new or old.. we all had this issue

i walked the track and found nothing (i was hoping to find razor blades in the sweeper )

does anyone have a clue whats happening?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz

last night i while racing at the local carpet track i discovered razor like slices on the front tires only. some of the lengths were from the outside to inside of the wheel.

what makes this odd... out of 7 of us racing everyone had these slices! it didn't matter if it was jaco or bsr's, inside or outside of the wheel, left or the right one, tire diameter, new or old.. we all had this issue

i walked the track and found nothing (i was hoping to find razor blades in the sweeper )

Are they horizontal across the tire? Not sure what would cause that, but if they're along the axis of spin (straight or angled slightly), check your front wheelwell arches. Sometimes if you've trimmed for static clearance, the body can flex enough while running, and especially when crashing, to have the sharp edge of the lexan contact the tire while spinning. Doesn't really take much, even dragging the front ever so slightly while loading the front suspension is enough to flex the body.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Are they horizontal across the tire?
i know its weird and everyone else was stumped as well. (no body noticed it until i pointed it out after the main)

100% it is not anything from the body

6 crc cars and 1 top.. all had the same issue.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

anyone have an idea yet?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

disregard
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Seeing everyone had the issue not just a particular tire or car i would say there's a screw or something small sticking up through the carpet in a turn. Inspect the track a little closer, maybe walk it with no shoes on.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Seeing everyone had the issue not just a particular tire or car i would say there's a screw or something small sticking up through the carpet in a turn. Inspect the track a little closer, maybe walk it with no shoes on.
im not updated on all my shots

but i think your spot on with something on the track
Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ran my CRC X10 for the first time on Sunday, We have been putting together a class of this 10th scale pan cars in our racing program. Class is growing pretty good we have almost 10 cars now.

After spending almost 2 days putting the car together, sealing the carbon pieces takes some time. I took the car to the track, and it wasn't great at first. Body kept catching the wheels and causing the car to spin out randomly.

after the first qualifier I did some body trimming for wheel clearance and talked with some of the other guys about setup. I added some rear droop (our track isn't super smooth because the floor under the carpet is basically tile.) to help with the bump. I glued the side walls of my front tires, and half the sidewall of my rear tires. One of the guys was changing his caster blocks for more steering. I already had to much steering so I checked mine to see what I had on. I had on the right side the 0, on the left the 10. We'll that's not going to work, I ended up changing them and going with the 0's.

Next race the car was fantastic, was fast smooth and handled wonderfully. I pulled off the TQ, entering the main the car was feeling good and fast. I ran a pretty clean race but made a mistake with second right on my bumper. He took the position and I got back in the groove and reeled him in slowly and finally caught him. Several laps passed and I was finally able to make the pass. With about a minute left he caught a rail and needed to be marshaled that gave me about a 1/4 lap cushion and that's how we finished.

I'm really looking forward to running this car, we have a great group of people all willing to help out, with out the guys helping me out, I'd probably still be spinning out finishing last,

Kudo's to CRC for a great product, and a fun kit to build.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome to hear!!

If you need anything, feel free to post on here. Everyone here is very helpful.

Except Still Bill, he is a little sketchy.....
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, I was told about some new front end parts for the GT10 chassis coming out soon, can you tell us what they are and when they will be available please?

Cheers!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi guys, I was told about some new front end parts for the GT10 chassis coming out soon, can you tell us what they are and when they will be available please?

Cheers!
I would spill the beans because it is already on both of my WGT cars...and Frank's...and Dumper's. But, I'm now told that I'm too sketchy...like this post. Oh dang! He's right!

Still Bill
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I would spill the beans because it is already on both of my WGT cars...and Frank's...and Dumper's. But, I'm now told that I'm too sketchy...like this post. Oh dang! He's right!

Still Bill
Yeah, I have a good understanding of what the parts are, but when will we be able to get them?!

Cheers!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I cant wait for this to come available. Should be a good MOD..
Anyone know a release date?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.