Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes it was.It was fun calling that race too.Impressive win being you were down on HP.Someone from Cali will win this year again.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

holy crap
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

hello, everyone?

who uses VERY hard foam inserts in the front tires? I've heard from people that its good. I've stuffed two hard inserts in my x pattern tires on tamiya mini rims and it seems to have less bite. is this my serface? or is this a good setup?

i know if you have hard inserts its like driving a car with max air presure that leans to faster and smoother speeds but its not working well for me. i think I'm going to try making it midium?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

edwintklee,

1. Mini Tyres - Rubber. For bitumen tracks I use Ride slicks, HPI X patterns, Spice or Powers mini tyres. These are all 55mm diameter. Some of the guy's also use ABC Genetic tyres, however I have not tried these yet.

Normally run harder tyres on the front and softer tyres rear, depends on the grip level at your track and car setup. I currently use Rides front with green insert and spice rears with hard Tamiya foam insert rear. If you can get them Pit Shimizu on the rear work excellent.

2. LIPO cut Out- according to the instructions from Novak the car should indicate by stopping and starting that the voltage on your Lipo is becoming low and when critical the car should just stop. If this is not the case, perhaps you have not set it as per Novak's instruction. I would check all of the connections including the connections to the positive and negative side of the speed controller.

After you have checked all connections then try the system at home and see if the cut out actually works before running the car outside again.

Later

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 07-23-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: xtra text
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

LATC3,

I only use the supplied single foam in X patterns I run. The only tyres I have double stuffed where the Tamiya 60D's, however I do not use these anymore, due to the high wear rate and lack of steering.

As stated in previous post I now run Ride tyres 3030 front with the single green firm insert. These tyres I have had on the front of my Mini since Mar this year and are still going. I race 4 heats every friday night and have used them at various events. They still do not have the death ring on the inner edge of the tyre.

I would suggest to just try a single foam and see how it goes. If you are not happy with that, then experiment with other inserts. Spice, Powers etc make different one piece inserts in varying thicknesses and rigidity.(soft, medium, hard).

Hope this helps.

CYA

Calvin.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slomo
Then why are you wasting people's time.
i'm releasing myself from wrongdoing in the event he loses anythin in tryin to save his battery, for instance the battery itself, his car, his house, or even his own life or that of some1 else in the home.

R
Old 07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

dose anyone know how to get the best out of the friction shocks and what tyres are ppl using
Old 07-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

best thing to do with friction shocks is to give em to a kid who is just startin out and could use all the spare parts he can get

R
Old 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
edwintklee,

1. Mini Tyres - Rubber. For bitumen tracks I use Ride slicks, HPI X patterns, Spice or Powers mini tyres. These are all 55mm diameter. Some of the guy's also use ABC Genetic tyres, however I have not tried these yet.

Normally run harder tyres on the front and softer tyres rear, depends on the grip level at your track and car setup. I currently use Rides front with green insert and spice rears with hard Tamiya foam insert rear. If you can get them Pit Shimizu on the rear work excellent.

2. LIPO cut Out- according to the instructions from Novak the car should indicate by stopping and starting that the voltage on your Lipo is becoming low and when critical the car should just stop. If this is not the case, perhaps you have not set it as per Novak's instruction. I would check all of the connections including the connections to the positive and negative side of the speed controller.

After you have checked all connections then try the system at home and see if the cut out actually works before running the car outside again.

Later

Calvin.

thanks for your tips, i recently boght the x pattern, do i use the org sponge insert? if not what other type of insert do i use?

as for the lipo cut of i will test it with another lipo battery
Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by stocker
How did you measure your battery, which voltage checked is that? Am I correct to say, your car was still moving just before the smart stop kicked in, then you measured the battery?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-lip...?cPath=52_1001

i use this device to check...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, I saw that when it reads "000" means it's unworkable. Maybe something not connected? I would think it's quite unlikely that your LiPo voltage will drop to 0 so quickly, especially if your car is still able to run just before you tested.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

well then ill try single foams that came with the xpats!

where do you mount your electronics? I've mounted mine in the front and always had good feel to the car!

Originally Posted by caltek1
LATC3,

I only use the supplied single foam in X patterns I run.

Hope this helps.

CYA

Calvin.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It doesn't matter where you mount your electronics really. Unless you're using equipment from 20 years ago.

On top, inside, in the end it makes no difference really. We've tried them all and realistically you can't tell the difference.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've try on top and on the side. also i tryed under the car. but not by choice it was when the double sided tape gave up Lol. i walk up to the car and I'm "hmmm when did i set the cars ride hieght to 3inches?"
lmao

shiit happens
Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would disagree.Car definitely has different driving characteristics depending on where you put the weight/gear especially with light lipos.

Originally Posted by tony gray
It doesn't matter where you mount your electronics really. Unless you're using equipment from 20 years ago.

On top, inside, in the end it makes no difference really. We've tried them all and realistically you can't tell the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.