R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #5326
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Sometimes you wonder just what Tamiya has got sitting around... I cant believe they've still got M01 shells.

And for those who weren't aware, they've listed a NEW 2006 Mini Cooper S for release at the Shizuoka show in 2 weeks time.

Just what will it be? I suspect just an updated shell with new wheels on an M03L chassis.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #5327
H I
Tech Master
 
H I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,877
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Iím looking for list of aftermarket parts for M03/M/L/R. Mainly suspension bits like arms or upright. So far Iíve found 3 racing and Yeah racing parts list. Does anyone have link to parts lists for other manufactures??
H I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #5328
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Sometimes you wonder just what Tamiya has got sitting around... I cant believe they've still got M01 shells.

And for those who weren't aware, they've listed a NEW 2006 Mini Cooper S for release at the Shizuoka show in 2 weeks time.

Just what will it be? I suspect just an updated shell with new wheels on an M03L chassis.
Tony,
where did you see the listings for the shizouka show?
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #5329
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Tamiyablog.com revealed all Troy..... Not an 'official' site as such but their strike rate in the past has been dead on the money.

HI why would you want aftermarket suspension bits anyway?
The Tamiya plastic stuff is tougher than the cheesey alloy that most of these aftermarket people offer anyway...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #5330
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Tamiyablog.com revealed all Troy..... Not an 'official' site as such but their strike rate in the past has been dead on the money.

HI why would you want aftermarket suspension bits anyway?
The Tamiya plastic stuff is tougher than the cheesey alloy that most of these aftermarket people offer anyway...
Hey Tony,
Thanks,
I never knew of that site.

I stubbled accros something on Tamiya.com that makes me beleive the blue chassis might be for sale in Shizuoka.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #5331
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer View Post
I stubbled accros something on Tamiya.com that makes me beleive the blue chassis might be for sale in Shizuoka.
So..a quick trip over then?
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #5332
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If you sign up for Tamiya Japan`s e-mail they give you all the info that the TamiyaClub blog has.You just have to altavista the info to understand it. If you cant read Japanese.
The page is here
https://secure.tamiya.com/forms/form.htm
Just use altavista to see what the blanks are and then fill them in on the Japanese page.Its pretty simple,and you will get e-mails about all the new Tamiya stuff before most other places. If your computer dosent susport Japanese just download the Japanese option from windows its free.
Our info at work here is that the Mini Cooper S is the good old M03L chassis,doesnt say anyting about wheels.Just an updated body. We dont have pictures yet just the order form with a list of the new stuff,and very short discriptions.
__________________
My body projects blog http://rcbodyproject.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 11-11-2007 at 08:59 PM.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #5333
Tech Fanatic
 
AUSSIE BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 951
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Tony.
Took me a while because I had to get Adam to photoshop the size of the file. Here are the mini's I was telling you about.

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-imgp2420.jpg  
AUSSIE BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #5334
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Damn I love those Abarths....

By the way, add to the new releases for December..

1/10 R/C MINI Cooper Racing Lightweight Body Parts Set
Item No.49483

Last edited by tony gray; 11-12-2007 at 01:01 AM.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #5335
H I
Tech Master
 
H I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,877
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
HI why would you want aftermarket suspension bits anyway?
The Tamiya plastic stuff is tougher than the cheesey alloy that most of these aftermarket people offer anyway...
It's not for me Tony. I'm writing new rules for my club and we are going to allow some of aftermarket bits next year. Don't get me wrong, I too think Tamiya stuffs are the best and I only use Tamiya hopups except rear tire and screws.
There was too many people tried to use aftermarket stuff this year for club and interclub races and since there's no more TCS here in Australia we going to relax the rules a little bit. I'm just doing bit of research. So can anyone help me out?
H I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 AM   #5336
Tech Regular
 
Swift and Sleek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BADBOYS
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SAME?

GUYS IS THIS THE SAME? I WILL BE USING IT TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS AT THE FRONT PLACTIC UPRIGHT.
THE ONE IS FOR THE TB EVO IV ITEM NO. 53826 AND THE OTHER ONE IS FOR THE 414 ITEM NO. 50986
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-header_50986.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-hop.jpg  
__________________
"TEAM BAD BOYS"
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Swift and Sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #5337
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I View Post
It's not for me Tony. I'm writing new rules for my club and we are going to allow some of aftermarket bits next year. Don't get me wrong, I too think Tamiya stuffs are the best and I only use Tamiya hopups except rear tire and screws.
There was too many people tried to use aftermarket stuff this year for club and interclub races and since there's no more TCS here in Australia we going to relax the rules a little bit. I'm just doing bit of research. So can anyone help me out?

Let the guys run anything they want,A few rules that will make everything even is Silver can 540`s,2400 batteries,and 60 size tires max,Gear ratio limits weight limit. Eight Minute mains make it fun.
But for the different alloy bits you can try,Tech,Tobee craft,Square.
If some guy wants to weigh down his car with a bunch of usless alloy let him.
As long as he is having fun then thats all that matters.
Spice also has some one piece plastic arms but i haven`t tried they out.

Whats wrong with Tamiya Rear tires and Screws?
__________________
My body projects blog http://rcbodyproject.wordpress.com/
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #5338
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift and Sleek View Post
GUYS IS THIS THE SAME? I WILL BE USING IT TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS AT THE FRONT PLACTIC UPRIGHT.
THE ONE IS FOR THE TB EVO IV ITEM NO. 53826 AND THE OTHER ONE IS FOR THE 414 ITEM NO. 50986
You can try OP-539 and OP-869. I use these with a long machine screw that goes all the way through upright. It is very strong and i havent broken it ever in the last 5 years. Plus the left over spacers can be used other places.
I took a look at the parts you posted about and the thread looks a little smaller that the thread on the stock piece. The ball size is 5mm but i dont see them as any improvement over the stock piece.
__________________
My body projects blog http://rcbodyproject.wordpress.com/
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #5339
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,213
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I View Post
It's not for me Tony. I'm writing new rules for my club and we are going to allow some of aftermarket bits next year. Don't get me wrong, I too think Tamiya stuffs are the best and I only use Tamiya hopups except rear tire and screws.
There was too many people tried to use aftermarket stuff this year for club and interclub races and since there's no more TCS here in Australia we going to relax the rules a little bit. I'm just doing bit of research. So can anyone help me out?
Ahh I see, that makes more sense...

The only other ones you may want to look at are GPM (here ) and maybe EAGLE (here)

We went through this with the VORTEC rules for next year, and in the end decided to leave it as Tamiya hot-ups only. Mainly to keep the cost down as much as anything else - encourage people to leave them pretty stock in that respect.

Also because we've tried most of the aftermarket alloy stuff and 99% of it really is just rubbish (apart from the Jap stuff which is good, but HORRIBLY expensive)

The thing we were really concerned about was 'perception' People seeing other people doing well with a whole heap of alloy stuff on their car and perceiving that they NEEDED that stuff to do well.
That was a big reason for us saying no to it again.
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #5340
Tech Regular
 
Swift and Sleek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BADBOYS
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SWIFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
You can try OP-539 and OP-869. I use these with a long machine screw that goes all the way through upright. It is very strong and i havent broken it ever in the last 5 years. Plus the left over spacers can be used other places.
I took a look at the parts you posted about and the thread looks a little smaller that the thread on the stock piece. The ball size is 5mm but i dont see them as any improvement over the stock piece.
NO SIR SORRY IF I MISLEAD YOU I WILL USE ONLY THE FLANGES TO REPLACE THE KINGPINS ON THE FRONT UPRIGHTS THEN SCREW IT DOWN WITH 3X10 TIT SCREWS. WHAT PART NUMBER OR ITEM NAME IS THE REPLACEMENT FOR THE BLACK AND HEAVY WHEEL AXLE FOR THE UNIVERSAL SHAFT?
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya mini cooper-pict1384.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-pict1387.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-pict1386.jpg  
__________________
"TEAM BAD BOYS"
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Swift and Sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Mini Cooper M-03L Hop-ups mini71 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-04-2016 11:07 AM
Tamiya Mini Cooper mach51 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
FS:TAMIYA Mini Cooper, TA 04S rthmotorsports R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-20-2007 09:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX and M03 Mini Cooper F/S Racer X79 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 12-22-2006 07:38 AM
Tamiya M01,02,03, or 04 Mini Cooper ccugolf.com R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 12-05-2004 08:55 PM


Tags
m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0