Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hasi
Hey guys,

I need some help. I ran these tires on my M-Chassis and they worked really, really fine and personally I like them more than the sweeps. Plus, they don't grab dirt from the carpet so there's no drifting around corners after a few rounds

http://www.rcmart.com/mini-radial-pr...?cPath=35_1086

Anyone knows where to buy them?

Or if the Pit Shimizus are equally?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/151195847197?...84.m1423.l2649
you might be able to get those Much-More tyres from the UK Much-More distributor www.muchmoreracing.com
Old 12-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schs2013
What are some Must have upgrades for a M05?

I am starting at oil-filled shocks/W tuned Spring sets.
after reading the forum i can tell there are other upgrades then what i mentioned.
Like others have said, shocks and bearings are the biggest ones I've seen so far. Tires aren't an upgrade, they're a reality of racing. You need to find the best ones for your track. For our local series (WCICS) we are using Tamiya tires exclusively.

I don't have a lot of time with the mini and I'm not running it right now. My eight year old son is, an M05. He hasn't quite figured out that letting go of the throttle around the corners makes for faster and easier cornering. He hits A LOT of boards. The only thing he has broken on the car was the stock steering rack. We went witht the 3Racing version because it's available locally. Next I think will be the swing joints/CVD's. After that it will be determined by what he breaks. I really hope he doesn't break much.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sosidge
you might be able to get those Much-More tyres from the UK Much-More distributor www.muchmoreracing.com

Thanks
Yeah, they've got them listed. Double the price than at rcmart

Think I've to wait until rcmart gets them back in stock or try the Pits...

Thanks again
Old 12-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samich
Somebody's been a very good boy this year! **cough cough** I think I may need to call in to work sick tomorrow
She's all done. Its below freezing here, so I only did a few laps around the driveway. I can't wait to try it out on the track.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-mini1.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-mini2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Like others have said, shocks and bearings are the biggest ones I've seen so far. Tires aren't an upgrade, they're a reality of racing. You need to find the best ones for your track. For our local series (WCICS) we are using Tamiya tires exclusively.

I don't have a lot of time with the mini and I'm not running it right now. My eight year old son is, an M05. He hasn't quite figured out that letting go of the throttle around the corners makes for faster and easier cornering. He hits A LOT of boards. The only thing he has broken on the car was the stock steering rack. We went witht the 3Racing version because it's available locally. Next I think will be the swing joints/CVD's. After that it will be determined by what he breaks. I really hope he doesn't break much.
Thank you for the help i made a upgrade list.
1.ball bearing kit.
2.oil filled shocks/w springs
3.When the rest break ill upgrade it if needed or get stock parts.

Thank you ill go from there if i need anymore advice ill ask the local racers first then ask all of you.
Happy new years y'all
Old 12-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tcs-legal.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...hopped-up.html
Old 12-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tires for wooden floor m05

anyone now what tires work on wooden floor ,thanks in advance .
Old 12-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Tamiya #42273 vs. #54000 and #84318

First post, very exciting!

I'm new(sh) to RC and have an M05 that I'm really enjoying. I've been researching dampers and was ready to purchase the 54000 when I ran into the 42273 ( can't post the url as a new member...see tamiyausa, rcmart, etc. )

These dampers appear to be relatively new and there doesn't seem to be any commentary yet, all I've really been able to find is "4 mm shorter than the standard 55mm touring" ( which would be 1mm longer than the 54000? ). What do you think, try the newer 42273 or stick with the 54000? The 42273 has an aluminum adjuster...anyone have any experience/thoughts...all the same thing?

Thanks so much!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZeeFlyingBrick
First post, very exciting!

I'm new(sh) to RC and have an M05 that I'm really enjoying. I've been researching dampers and was ready to purchase the 54000 when I ran into the 42273 ( can't post the url as a new member...see tamiyausa, rcmart, etc. )

These dampers appear to be relatively new and there doesn't seem to be any commentary yet, all I've really been able to find is "4 mm shorter than the standard 55mm touring" ( which would be 1mm longer than the 54000? ). What do you think, try the newer 42273 or stick with the 54000? The 42273 has an aluminum adjuster...anyone have any experience/thoughts...all the same thing?

Thanks so much!
They are close enough to identical, you'll be okay either way.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by [email protected]
anyone now what tires work on wooden floor ,thanks in advance .
When I ran on wooden floor I used the Schumacher minipin tyres on TC sized wheels. That causes some issues in getting a body that fits and obviously you have a pretty big ride-height, but you also have grip.

I've hear of people cutting-and-shutting TC tyres to make them fit a mini wheel (cut a section of the tread out and superglue back together). Never tried it myself though.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Schs2013
Thank you for the help i made a upgrade list.
1.ball bearing kit.
2.oil filled shocks/w springs
3.When the rest break ill upgrade it if needed or get stock parts.

Thank you ill go from there if i need anymore advice ill ask the local racers first then ask all of you.
Happy new years y'all
Put the steering upgrade on your list if you want to race. Car won't go straight otherwise. The essential parts are the aluminium steering posts and the high-torque servo saver. Keep the budget for a diff aside too, some people manage to do a lot by tweaking the standard diff but it wasn't built to be tweaked, the easiest diff to live with if you must use Tamiya is the TA03 Ball diff, but the 3Racing gear diff is faster.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
They are close enough to identical, you'll be okay either way.
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll pick them up. There's mention of being able to use std. touring springs, is that a diameter thing or a length thing? Most of the recommendations I saw for the 54000 were for special short springs. This will probably all start making sense once I start playing around.

Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZeeFlyingBrick
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll pick them up. There's mention of being able to use std. touring springs, is that a diameter thing or a length thing? Most of the recommendations I saw for the 54000 were for special short springs. This will probably all start making sense once I start playing around.

Thanks again.
The standard Tamiya springs are longer. You do get more options at that length, especially if you find the short springs too soft.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quicky Question
What do you guys use to measure the temperature of an engine after
running a race?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Quicky Question
What do you guys use to measure the temperature of an engine after
running a race?
You can use this on engines and motors:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEMG5&P=ML

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.