Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oh i'll bring it, chrisman. and yes, that sway bar issue does need attention. as far as the roll center goes, i don't know how comfortable i feel running a roll axis that tilts down in the rear. i want to sink the front hubs into the carriers! when i look at the car, i want to see the arms angle down to the bulkheads. mine go up with tiny foams. urghh. if the front roll center could be dropped, the car wouldn't roll over so much as it would tend to pull itself into the ground. overall roll may be greater, but the direction would be more downward. granted low roll centers require stiff setups, but i want my car to stay down just a bit more up front.

btw - i did learn how to moonwalk today thanks to a michael jackson special. now back to figuring this out.

lata folks.

Last edited by seaball; 02-20-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys!!!!!!

seaball- moonwalk, HAHAHA, changing the hole in the carrier would work fine if u set it up good, thats basically everything on this car. Hey thst can be my slogan for r/c cars (its korny but hey) "if u change the position theres always a way of making the car better" nah thats tooo korny and stoopid!!!!!

anyways, haven't been here in a while, rebuilt my car, its way smoother now. I need to get a new lower chassis and battery hold downs, the carbon fiber w/ aluminum mount. it will make it nice and perty!

thats about it, no learning moonwalks 4 me!

have fun
nate
Old 02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

btw nate, i saved 20 grams or about 2/3 of an ounce just by using strapping tape through the slots to hold down the batteries. i might be breaking the color barrier this weekend...uh...ahmm...i mean the minimum weight barrier. what the??? anyway, something to consider if you ever race foam tire. later nate.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

hey,

strapping tape?, never thought of that, i will look into getting some and trying it!

its pretty slow around here isnt it?

later chris

nate
Old 02-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Weight issues......Mine is just roar legal.With everthing loaded.3lbs 5.1 oz.Ran it for the full 5 mins and came back and weight it again,same weight no changes.YEs!!!>>>>>no weights to be added or taken off now.So it's legal.Thanks to the lovely blue screws...

Oh!!...no...not the moonwalk................

P/S.No tape either....I hate the mess.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

i don't like the mess one bit, but i figure if i precut the strips before each race day, i'll be good to go. i'd love to know that i'm right at the limit for weight. a guy i run with informed me last week, that his car is 7 ounces heavy. that's insane. what's more insane is that he keeps up.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up booyah!

well, well, well, ladies. i've got a link you may all be interested in. check it out.

http://www.belu.com/

some fair pics of the new seven. this appears to be something of a racer kit. or is rclab just cheaping out on us? check out the options as well for a better idea of the bulkhead changes. no more fixed roll center or antidive/antiquat.

later.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Mike from Modeltech mentioned on the forums last week that it will be a budget kit, plastic bulkheads too. Something to miss for all those who have a lab already but a good place for new drivers to start, all parts are interchangable. There are a few option parts for the lab set to be released soon, like blue alloy servo posts
Old 02-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

yikes, slipped off the first page there

Any way, had a good nights racing on Monday, finaly had my car sorted for all my runs, was pften competing for the fastest qualifying times but lost out on a couple of collisions with other cars, then the final was messy, I got stuck on the hoses a few times with no marshals in sight Still managed 5th place after starting 4th in the A final, I was only 0.06seconds from 3rd If only the A final was as big a deal as it would be at a larger club, we had an A and B final of 10 drivers then a third final of new guys not in the championship, only 3 cars there.
The main change to my setup was to take a thin spacer out of the rear shocks and use narrow mini pin tyres. This made the rear end sit very low, 3mm from scraping along the ground, and with HPI orange springs it was pretty soft too. With a very loose diff in the rear and kit black springs up front, I was trying everything to get rid of a tail happy car and it's worked a treat, now I get some understeer which I find makes life a lot easier when sliding around on dusty wood. We had a sweeping corner going onto the main straight and then a sweeping corner after it making for a very fast track, this suited the Matrix V10R motor a lot, I was keeping up with all the other cars until the end of the straight and into the corner where I would gain some distance With the sweeper being a right turn followed by a right sharp corner I was able to keep this exra speed as long as possible and basicly drift into the sharp turn, with struggling for rear end grip all this time it seems I'm very good at letting the car drift just a little as I enter corners and keeping more speed than those who brake in more of a straight line Had a similar advantage last week, even though the car wasn't handling great then I was gaining plenty of time at the end of the straight as it turned fairly sharply into a double apex hairpin, slowing the car in the turn rather than before it like others. I'm not so great at slower corners though, often go in too fast or don't get the exit speed I could. I think some better voltaged cells would help there though, I'm using non matched 3000's and an old set of cheap 2400's. Three RC Labs in the top five this week is a good sign, we actually qualified 2,3,4, a darn HPI Pro2 managed to ruin our 1,2,3 by having a good final qualifier
Old 02-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

herminator - that's awesome. sounds like it was a blast. i gave my seven the last two weeks off. it's pretty dialed. now it's got rebuilt cvd's and a new center layshaft one way assembly stolen off of an atlas car. check the pic. i've heard some guys having good success with center one ways on carpet. and i want to learn how to drive with one ways, so this will be an easy way to start. just lock it or let it fly! now i'm running 16/37, but the belts still run just fine. and to get the same rollout, it'll add two teeth to my pinion, so my motor sits flush with the bottom of the chassis. later kids.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-103-0304_img.jpg  
Old 02-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FINALLY,

GOT MY LAPPY TO WORK FOR NOW.JUST FINISHED MOVING TO A TEMP LOCATION TO LIVE AS MY OTHER HOME IS NOT READY TO MOVE IN...SO AS RACING...I HAD MISSED ONE RACE SO FAR AND THIS WEEK TOO.HOPEFULLY,I'LL GET BACK SOON....

HERMINATOR....THATS THE PROBLEM IF THERE'S NO MARSHALLS TO TURN U AROUND...O WELL SHIT HAPPENS.I ALWAYS TELL MY SELF TO STAY OFF THE BOARDS AND STAY IN FRT AND STAY COOL...KEEP ON THE GOOD RACING.

HEY SEABALL......COOL PIC.MORE...............
Old 03-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

I've just seen this added to the RC Lab uk site. More info on the cheaper version of the Lab, kind of confusing with the name and all the RED talk. The Lab is already kinda cheap for a top touring car, could be ineresting for persuading newer drivers into buying a good first car.

Announcing the soon to be available RCLab 7-7

Once again we raise the bar of the RCLab design through the the RED Program - the RCLab Evolution and Development progam. Following a very successful first full competition year, many new drivers have found, used and had superb results with the RCLab 7-6 EVO/1, and with useful positive driver feedback and internal design developments, we have implemented a number of changes into the new chassis. Just like the hugely successful EVO/1 was an RED revision of the original 7-6, the new RCLab 7-7 is the RED revision of the EVO/1. It uses the exact same and proven suspension geometry as the EVO/1, the design changes and revisions have resulted in genuine improvements over the original 7-6 EVO/1 on which is it based.

New lower wishbone inner hinge-pin mounts, that allow for the kick-up and squat angles to be adjusted.

New chassis bottom deck with relocated battery pack for even better overall weight distribution.

New drop-in moulded saddle pack lower trays to ensure positive cell location with no chassis shaping required for cells.

Front and rear differentials raised to reduce the drive-shaft operating angle to be inline with the differentials.

New bulkheads front and rear to allow for the new differential location.

Raised front and rear top decks, providing even more room for electrics installation.

Front differential also re-aligned to reduce the front belt tension for even more efficient and faster transmission.

New standard kit moulded bulkheads and motor mount bridges.

New front and rear ball differentials included as standard in the basic kit.

New blue front and rear fully anodised shocks.

Majority of the transmission and suspension components are totally backwards compatible with the 7-6 EVO/1

New lower basic kit price as a result of the new standard moulded bulkheads and differentials.

A new range of option parts will be available to bring the basic 7-7 up to full PRO spec.

Full details and pictures will be published here very shortly.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys

this new lab im not so sure on, i agree with herminator, its already a a lower priced car, why even lower? i guess you could think of it as a racer kit(like the tc3) all the plastic!, it would be good for lightweight purposes though. i am ataching pics so hope u like them!
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-nate-rc-car-3a.jpg  
Old 03-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

another
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-nate-rc-left-fronta.jpg  
Old 03-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

i dig it nate. i see you've gone with the top deck inner mounting location for the camber links. word! nice ride.

nothing new from me...exept that i shorted a pack on the chassis today. i love that. down a pack, and a qualifier. why are the front and rear battery slots wider than the middles anyway? with the step in they are not, but it's this step that tore through my shrink wrap and caused the mayhem. not sweet. and yes, the corners were removed. regardless, the car was running well today and it stayed planted even with the middle oneway open. now on to the oneway diff. but i don't want to accellerate the wear on the cvd's so who knows.

latah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.