Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Ok whats the minimum Mah someone would need to go 20 min? I too have never paid attention to the drainage so got me wondering.
I got stuck on the track for 28 minutes in one of our enduro races when my teammates broke in rotation which didn't allow me to pit. And that was with 4000 20c SMC with 21.5 boosted spx.

I recharge it and continued to use it all day. And months to follow
Old 01-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I got stuck on the track for 28 minutes in one of our enduro races when my teammates broke in rotation which didn't allow me to pit. And that was with 4000 20c SMC with 21.5 boosted spx.

I recharge it and continued to use it all day. And months to follow
Thats really good. Guess Im still amazed by Lipo batteries. And after the race in sept, still a little intimidated lol. That was the 2nd lipo I seen go up
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I wish HPI would make a firebird based off their 68 Camaro body. Im a Pontiac fan and my first car was a 69 Firebird.
+1. I've been looking for a Pontiac Firebird ever since I started in Vintage TRANS AM racing. So far the only closest body I could find is made by a company in Montana called RC Car Kings. The make a "Smokey and Bandit" Firebird. I purchased one of these in December and I am getting it professionally painted white with a red/orange/yellow firebird on the hood. I will post pics of it when it's finished.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thats really good. Guess Im still amazed by Lipo batteries. And after the race in sept, still a little intimidated lol. That was the 2nd lipo I seen go up

There are really only 2 reason's a Lipo will Ignite. Charge at High Amps over the rated Voltage of 4.22/cell

Or Over discharge at high Amperage. If your ESC Fries it can take a Lipo out as it usually creates a Direct Short.

But If you ever say a fully charged NIHM Cell Get shorted and Blow Up you would be less worried about Lipo's
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yeah Ive seen a receiver pack go just sitting on a table at a race. Wasnt even hooked up. Blew all the ends of each battery out and sounded like a 38 being fired.

Originally Posted by jdeadman
There are really only 2 reason's a Lipo will Ignite. Charge at High Amps over the rated Voltage of 4.22/cell

Or Over discharge at high Amperage. If your ESC Fries it can take a Lipo out as it usually creates a Direct Short.

But If you ever say a fully charged NIHM Cell Get shorted and Blow Up you would be less worried about Lipo's
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

I cant find that pic Monkey, but he was really moving ..lol...

but thats the 1st one I ever seen...makes me take better care of mine...

BTW...how was the VTA racing for everybody this weekend?...good I hope, I heard Indy was nice....and if you are not getting a VTA fix...Ive got a solution

4th Annual Thunder Jam Championships...Snowbirds warm-up....in Nashville TN, home of the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals...and soon to host the 2012 USVTA Southern Nationals

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5697

come get some
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-normal_dsc_0007.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Looks like some Vettes in that picture (Jonesboro/Jackson should know better.). Thought you ran USVTA rules?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Three
Looks like some Vettes in that picture (Jonesboro/Jackson should know better.). Thought you ran USVTA rules?
we do...but since they came from way away to support....and our "house" rules allowed any American muscle car at that time, it was allowed...but that was back then...

we are a FULL USVTA track and supporters....and Im hoping to get some more West TN support come Sunday Jan 29th...you should come up and run some VTA with them...I know of 2-3 that are making the trip...bring Mike with you
Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

we do...but since they came from way away to support....and our "house" rules allowed any American muscle car at that time, it was allowed...but that was back then...

we are a FULL USVTA track and supporters....and Im hoping to get some more West TN support come Sunday Jan 29th...you should come up and run some VTA with them...I know of 2-3 that are making the trip...bring Mike with you
Didn't realize that was an old picture.
Everyone knows how I am about rules. Nashville has some of the BEST racing anywhere VTA, Touring, and 1/12th. Would hate to see it change or diluted by others. Great people, track and atmosphere.
Really want to race, but Sunday is a work day for me with time off a premium. Hope to make it up at least once a month (both 1/12th and USVTA) and will bring Mike. Attending the Snowbirds warm-up is doubtful but can never tell.
Enjoyed watching your Mustang destroy all the Chevys last time. Did you do it again?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really had fun racing VTA at Snowbirds in 2009. I'm not to thrilled about having to run a Novak 25.5 motor or having to mount in a rediculous driver figure, but I 'm going to run at this years Snowbirds anyway. Hopefully the class is still as fun as I remember.

Last edited by Big Features; 01-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Big Features
I really had fun racing VTA at Snowbirds in 2009. I'm not to trilled about having to run a Novak 25.5 motor or having to mount in a rediculous driver figure, but I 'm going to run at this years Snowbirds anyway. Hopefully the class is still as fun as I remember.
Im not sure if the Snowbirds will accept the alternative to mounting the driver in your car. Plus its very difficult to wear a bra and Mouse ears on your head at the same time.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Three
Didn't realize that was an old picture.
Everyone knows how I am about rules. Nashville has some of the BEST racing anywhere VTA, Touring, and 1/12th. Would hate to see it change or diluted by others. Great people, track and atmosphere.
Really want to race, but Sunday is a work day for me with time off a premium. Hope to make it up at least once a month (both 1/12th and USVTA) and will bring Mike. Attending the Snowbirds warm-up is doubtful but can never tell.
Enjoyed watching your Mustang destroy all the Chevys last time. Did you do it again?
the Mustang will continue to rule USVTA events as long as Im there...lol

Originally Posted by Big Features
I really had fun racing VTA at Snowbirds in 2009. I'm not to thrilled about having to run a Novak 25.5 motor or having to mount in a rediculous driver figure, but I 'm going to run at this years Snowbirds anyway. Hopefully the class is still as fun as I remember.
its more fun...be there since the "early days" and its better than its ever been...you will like it alot more...glad to know you are running it
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Im not sure if the Snowbirds will accept the alternative to mounting the driver in your car. Plus its very difficult to wear a bra and Mouse ears on your head at the same time.
you lost me Snoop....
Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the Mustang will continue to rule USVTA events as long as Im there...lol
Step up to Camaro country son....
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

you lost me Snoop....
Robk can fill you in. At one point in time you were allowed to not put the Driver in your car if you would wear a Bra on your head while you were driving. I think the rule should extend to ceramic bearing users and tire warmers and ported endbell users, but that is just a side note. The Mouse ears are a Snowbird thing. If you get a BQ screw you have to wear mouse ears while you drive. I still dont quite understand the circumstance behind the BQ but Im sure Dirla or EA can fill you in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.