Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by padailey
Well been looking around for another charger and lipo.... Rick you had mentioned awhile ago something about an Associated charger. Did that ever come happen or is it going to happen any time soon? Also I heard someone mention something about a new Reedy lipo... wasn't sure what to make of it but I've seen some good sales lately on the Reedy 5000's. Is there a new lipo coming soon?
There is a new Reedy Lipo whoch will be sold alongside the current LiPos. It has a higher C arating (35C) but costs more. Although when it comes to street price I estimate it will be $10 - $15 more.

The charger is still in the development stages. The problem (or good thing) about LiPo chargings is that it is pretty much all the same. The thing that makes some chargers better than others is the ability to charge at high rates or 4-cells and above. We are working on ways to charge Lipos better and release something that is truly special. that is the idea anyway.

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Rick when do you guys expect to have the NEW 5000 mah 35c lipos out for us to buy ?
November and the other type (hint, info soon) one month after.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know if it fit in a TRF 416 with out mods??
Old 09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Come out with some 3.7V packs that fit 4-cell trays.

Two versions
45x92x20mm packs (4000+mah?)

45x92x25mm packs (5000+mah)

It would be shure way to settle the lipo conversion for pan cars if a major battery company stepped up to the plate.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default battery

Is this the New battery?

http://www.redrc.net/2008/09/reedy-3...battery-packs/

If it is i like what im seeing.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Is this the New battery?

http://www.redrc.net/2008/09/reedy-3...battery-packs/

If it is i like what im seeing.
Yes very nice i own 3 of the old ones but the new ones look so much better
Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rick,

I know this probably wasn't a priority in the development of the new battery, but would you happen to know if it will fit into a Losi Type R without any modifications? It looks pretty close from the specs in the press release, but I'd definitely hold off on any new LiPO purchases if I knew this one would be a drop in fit...

Thanks,
David
Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
There is a new Reedy Lipo whoch will be sold alongside the current LiPos. It has a higher C arating (35C) but costs more. Although when it comes to street price I estimate it will be $10 - $15 more.
The original Reedy seemed a bit under rated at 20c considering it kept pace with the 25c rated packs and listening to people running it. Now they jump to a 35c rated battery like 6 months later?? Wow...can I ask the obvious question? Are they using the same c rating standard (that doesn't exist) as the first 5000 rated at 20c?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Rick,

I know this probably wasn't a priority in the development of the new battery, but would you happen to know if it will fit into a Losi Type R without any modifications? It looks pretty close from the specs in the press release, but I'd definitely hold off on any new LiPO purchases if I knew this one would be a drop in fit...

Thanks,
David
I don't think it will, the specs list them just as long as the old ones and they were too long to tilt in from the bottom.

Mark
Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trips
Rick,

Thanks,
David
I am not sure. It is as big as the old one so if it did not fit, this one won't either.

Originally Posted by Verndog
The original Reedy seemed a bit under rated at 20c considering it kept pace with the 25c rated packs and listening to people running it. Now they jump to a 35c rated battery like 6 months later?? Wow...can I ask the obvious question? Are they using the same c rating standard (that doesn't exist) as the first 5000 rated at 20c?
Yes. The original pack was released at the end of 20C development and even at that time, higher C rated packs were already out. Plus, ROAR had not approved batteries so the emphasis was on cost and ease of use rahter than all out competition performance.

But it is a good battery and we will still offer them. Hebert and I have used these in 10.5 and mod touring the past year with good results against higher C claimed packs.

The new 35C pack comes at the beginning of this new era and is an awesome battery.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

November and the other type (hint, info soon) one month after.

Rick - I'm guessing "the other type" could be a Reedy hard case saddle pack ?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losiho
Rick - I'm guessing "the other type" could be a Reedy hard case saddle pack ?
Something like that Those that will visit the iHobby expo this weekend in Chicago will get the first look and surely pics up shortly after.

We will have engines on display as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Cant wait to see this stuff at the hobby show !

Rick bring some of those nice new AE hats to give away at the booth to the few chicago area drivers that run the TC5
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

...Hebert and I have used these in 10.5 and mod touring the past year with good results against higher C claimed packs.

The new 35C pack comes at the beginning of this new era and is an awesome battery.

Yes, Keven Hebert was running that 20c pack in mod at the Summer Sizzler up here in Tacoma Wa. this summer. He was testing our LiPo baseplate with them and won mod TC running them. I'll likely have to get one of those too when they are available to test.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How are the reedy saddle pack lipos?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hello Rick: love the new pack and cant wait to run them...I've been asked by speculators and diehard NIMH guys about the C rating claims on the packs, and would like to know how Reedy looks at C rating and what method/standard was used to support 35C rating on the Lipo? Thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.