R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What is the most durable tc (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/193434-what-most-durable-tc.html)

party_wagon 11-30-2007 08:44 AM

What is the most durable tc

Like the title sayss, what is the most durable tc on the market today? I want something that will be tough enough to survive tons of track time w/out breaking.

beavis353 11-30-2007 08:49 AM

TC5.

maverickalpha 11-30-2007 08:51 AM

Honestly, a lot of it has to do with how good a driver you are, the track barriers, and the types of drivers you run with. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I've had great fortune with my TC4. I've taken on the boards many times and have returned unscathed.

The new Serpent is also quite nice. I saw it hit a metal track weight at full bore and only crack a minor bumper brace (nothing of structural importance).

That's just what I've seen. Most cars these days are quite tough overall.

PitNamedGordie 11-30-2007 08:57 AM

TC5 and TA05!

HD-F1 11-30-2007 08:59 AM

The thing is the more plastic the less breakage. When you try to gain performance through composite fiber arms and and stuff like that it makes them more rigid and prone to break more on impact. Stock arms of 20% graphite or less are really good about holding up in a crash. You're going to break something every now and then so don't beef up what you break if its a really cheap part and is available very easy. I've seen people beef up one part and it wont break but transfer that energy to another part that cost twice as much and twice as hard to change. BTW, the toughest car I've ever seen was the old Losi Street Weapon.

Heath

party_wagon 11-30-2007 10:02 AM

I'm just trying to pick out something for li//bl racing w/ 20 minute mains. I don't want to have to pull the car off the track If I happen to run in to a curb 3 minutes in to the race.

martman_oc 11-30-2007 10:22 AM

The stock TA05 is really tough, I've never broken anything in over a year. Only one of the top side king pins in the right steering knuckle loosened but that was my fault because I overtightened the king pin when I first built. I put a drop of CA in the screw hole and its good as new.:D

Branden Moody 11-30-2007 10:23 AM

Fk05 I have only broken 1 cvd and 1 c hub in a year. Im also a horrible driver too. I might have one to sell. Pm me if interested.

abailey21 11-30-2007 10:39 AM

the durability of a car is almost 100% driver I hear guys that cry about the MI-3 being weak, yet I'm one of the worst drivers I know and I haven't broken or bent one parts in over 3 months???

Your best bet is to go to your local LHS and track and see what everyone else is running there.

Monky 11-30-2007 10:41 AM

id go with the xray T2....in my opinion

kn7671 11-30-2007 11:01 AM

T2 '007 or TC5.

I've currently have a T2, but the TC5 is almost as durable as the Xray. With both cars I never broke an arm. The TC5's C-Hubs are weaker than Xray, and the 6x10mm wheel hub bearings used on the TC5 are not as durable as the mostly standard 5x10mm wheel hub bearings. Outside of that, they are both quite durable, but the cheapest to repair will be the TC5.

DA_cookie_monst 11-30-2007 12:01 PM

in two years of me in 19t indoor and 3 kids in stock indoor, i have broke a knuckle on it, and the kids the rear plastic suspension mount... all on a TA05.... the cars a tank but handles sweet.

mackin 11-30-2007 12:12 PM

They are all very durable as long as you don't hit anything! lol.

chuck

PDX-Spike 11-30-2007 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by maverickalpha (Post 3923202)
...I've had great fortune with my TC4. I've taken on the boards many times and have returned unscathed...

Had a FT-TC4 and a NTC3. Putting in the screws connecting the top and bottom diff casing is a very touchy procedure. Couldn't for the life of me NOT overtighten them, stripping the the lower case half. Needed to replace those suckers after every two diff service procedures. Since I was fairly new to racing, I broke arms frequently.

Personally, I'd go with an Xray T2.

surrealmaterial 11-30-2007 03:18 PM

the 415's are pretty tough, ive only broken 1 suspension arm in about 6 months.....