Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which cars are best this year?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My question is, what should I buy to replace a full set of Pro4's?

Thanks,
bigair - http://www.TurningColorz.com[/QUOTE]

Why? You have 2 of them so spares are not an issue. Like everyone else says, its not just about the car. You are used to setting up and driving the pro4 so keep it until you see another car you like. I think you will be surprised how competative it is. It should still be up towards(if not at) the pointy end of the field. Dont be suckered into buying someone elses choice of car.
Terry
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Don't piss Adrian off...we wouldn't like him when he's angry
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oh yeah? Well my dad can bench press more than your dad!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow! this thread is sure fun to read....

Larry and Schreff have looked good outdoors in Florida...but with little competition....

the Losi sure looks good on foam...

but the Reedy race was a horrible performance for the car...werent Mike and Todd dead last in invite....

my 2 cents, just for fun
Old 10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

how is the tc5 compared to the tc3? The tc5 looks eaiser to break. Is it worth going out and buying? In other words, is it that much better?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

just in my humble opinion.......the TC5 is probably the best privateer car to run right now if you live in the USA...
Old 10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How did the AE car do at the IIC in foam?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

eventhough the TC3 was so great in its time...it was also the most brittle car compared to the competition of the time...

The TC5s composites are very close to what Xray has....witch is very durable!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
How did the AE car do at the IIC in foam?
not spectacular, but not horrible by any means...
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigair
I didn't race at all this last year, and i have two complete HPI Pro4's from the period.
They were running in the a-Mains (stock rubber) most of the time. Now, two years later, I'm sure the "state of the art" has improved since then. So, My choice of new cars will be limited to whatever the local tracks support.
My question is, what should I buy to replace a full set of Pro4's?

Thanks,
bigair - http://www.TurningColorz.com
Are you running stock or mod? Sub-C or lipo?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow, lots of input, Thanks.
BTW, I only run rubber w/stock motors and 6 cell packs.

Yes the Pro4 still keeps up with the pack, but I may as well switch cars now, while my old stuff is still "sellable". I was leaning towards RDX or T2, as some suggested. Parts for the xrays seem impossible to get, 'specially when you need them most. Associated seems to be the best stocked brand everywhere you go, but I was never happy with my tc4, too slow. I've also ruled out the JR's, nice cars, but the centered battery seems like a pain to deal with.
Anymore suggestions?
Mike

http://www.TurningColorz.com
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Rubber tires.

Drivers on Team Losi a lot higher up and faster than you have told me it sucks.
How did the Type R do on asphalt at the 2007 RROC? What about the 2007ROAR asphalt race? What about the NJ Jackson race?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigair
Wow, lots of input, Thanks.
BTW, I only run rubber w/stock motors and 6 cell packs.

Yes the Pro4 still keeps up with the pack, but I may as well switch cars now, while my old stuff is still "sellable". I was leaning towards RDX or T2, as some suggested. Parts for the xrays seem impossible to get, 'specially when you need them most. Associated seems to be the best stocked brand everywhere you go, but I was never happy with my tc4, too slow. I've also ruled out the JR's, nice cars, but the centered battery seems like a pain to deal with.
Anymore suggestions?
Mike

http://www.TurningColorz.com

Honestly I would go with the Mi3. It might not have won a bunch of modified titles yet, like the x-ray or corally, but it really is a great car.

If you are going to go based on results, look at the results that actually relate to the classes that you are running. At the IIC it tqed and placed 1st and 2nd in stk rubber, and tqed and finished 2nd, 4th, and 6th in 19turn rubber.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man, you guys are like little girls ( no offense to young ladies ) ,with Adrian starting it off ( No offense to BMI ).

All of the top line cars are good enough to win at the highest levels. Go with the advice that has been given for both on road and off road for 20 years... It is easiest to run what the locals run, or the local shop has. Or run the one that you see, and say... Hmmm thats all me. Being happy with your car is worth a good .1
Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default spending other peoples money

I love all of these threads where everyone recommends which ever car they own. Buy this, and buy that, as if it really matters because most of the current cars (except the losi type r) are so similar. And in terms of buy this car because it won this race -> if that same driver had another car with similar hopups, I am 99% certain they would have done just as well. Locally we have good drivers who switch from xray to hotbodies to tc5 to whatever and they drive within a few hundreds of a second with each car.

That said, if it were me and I had pro4's and was looking to upgrade, I would get a used Xray T2 or 007 once the 008 is released. You can already get a T2 with bmi chassis and a bag full of parts and hopups for close to $200, wait until the 008 is released and you will be able to buy the 007 with a bag of hopups and parts for $200. Since the 008 is changing 90% of the T2 platform, the older versions should be cheap. Once you get past the new cost of x-ray kits, if you can buy them for 1/3 price, they are the best deal around.

Of course you can always buy the latest car and spend $600 for the car and hopups.

It is really easy to spend someone elses money.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.