Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those who asked about the sleepy23 customized outdrives for the Pro4......OUTSTANDING! I havent even installed the blades, and they put the power down without indenting under power (4.5 power that is). Nice tight fit, spec'ed and exactly like the stockers. Like em so much, I dont regret buying enuf for two cars!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I could ship them outside of the US, but not for the same price.

any other Pro4, cyclone, or other car parts you guys would like?
Old 11-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Sleepy, these outdrives are incredible. They put the POWER DOWN! I am completing another Pro4 to install around the other set(s) of outdrives so I can have TWO vehicles with different set-ups to gauge my tuning skills!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

bx,
were there some more parts you were wanting?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sleepy23
thanks for the props. and once again, I am glad you are happy with the outdrives.
I pop in here every once in a while, so someone could pm me here also if you wanted the outdrives or just about any other custom part.
hmm.. custom part you say.....
aluminum bulkheads for the Pro4..

the outdrives would be even cooler if they were anodized purple...since they are inside the bulkheads...not really seen..
Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sleepy23
bx,
were there some more parts you were wanting?
Yea, I was thinking about metal arms and possibly bulkheads. The same alloy you used for the outdrives. And let me tell you, those puppies put it DOWN!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
hmm.. custom part you say.....
aluminum bulkheads for the Pro4..

the outdrives would be even cooler if they were anodized purple...since they are inside the bulkheads...not really seen..
So if they arent seen, why does it matter? Why anodize if you dont have too>?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

sorry, i dont have a source for anodizing.
there are really very few items that i cant design and make and do it at an extremely good price when you consider how much custom work is. All i really need is a sample part if you are wanting to change material. i also do alot of original design.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Personally, I think the purple is a little "how ya doin" but, thats just me. I got your address and the spare parts I would like to have made. I know your stuff is top notch and I look forward to blinging my car out in Sleepy23 parts.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

awesome man, the timing should about work out for me. I am trying to close out one huge project at work and after that, i can spend Christmas break working on rc stuff.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default HPI PRO 4 or Kyosho TF-5

I need your help fellas: need to know what shaft drive to get. Its either the Hara Pro 4, or the Kyosho TF-5. I have heard that the PRO 4 will not be supported anymore, or that a PRO 5 is comming out for 2007, so it'll be an old car. Basically I'm worried about running a car that will not be supported, and will be hard to get parts for...now the Kyosho TF-5 is a new car, and not so well known...but its loaded and stock with nice quality parts. I need a car that will be around and supported for a year or two. A true racing machine that is durable, good support, and fast and nimble...any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I need your help fellas: need to know what shaft drive to get. Its either the Hara Pro 4, or the Kyosho TF-5. I have heard that the PRO 4 will not be supported anymore, or that a PRO 5 is comming out for 2007, so it'll be an old car. Basically I'm worried about running a car that will not be supported, and will be hard to get parts for...now the Kyosho TF-5 is a new car, and not so well known...but its loaded and stock with nice quality parts. I need a car that will be around and supported for a year or two. A true racing machine that is durable, good support, and fast and nimble...any suggestions?
I think you've already answered your own question.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Parts support for the Pro4 will be around for at least a couple of years. The car may be discontinued but parts support is not.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Default "Let me clear my thrroooaattt"

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
The TF-5, while it is probably a fine car, has won zip. The Pro 4, in the right hands, is a proven wiinner. As long as you have forums like this one and Ebay, you will be able to finid and get parts. I use the Pro 2 for example. Been out of production since '99, you can still not only parts, but entire vehicles. That being said, if you want to upgrade to "bullet proof" stuff, you can see my dude "sleepy23" and have parts custom made. And lastly, you can buy a used Pro 4 from the boards or Ebay, strip it down and use it for parts. Oh and almost forgot, Kyosho parts arent the easiest to get so..............
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think there were more Pro2's sold vs. Pro4's which is why parts are pretty easy to come by. As for the Pro4 parts, my LHS said that most of the parts are no longer available as his distributors are saying "discontinued by manufacturer." He said if the part is used on the Cyclone, then those he can get.

As for Kyosho parts, I must agree that they are not very easy to find & they cost substantially more than other brands.

This was a very good point to bring up as a company can have an awesome car, but if parts are difficult to get, then it's usually not worth getting. For the drifters in Hawaii, this was a huge reason that the Yokomo drift car didn't sell as much as it could have. Hardly anyone sells the parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.