Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

the different between 1.1 and the old version just only the gear change, other all same.

On the other hand, after boiling the gear I suggest smear some of WD40 to the ver1.1 gears and seal the gear bag for a few days or until u need to replace them. It can change the gear material not fragile. I have no broken my gear(ver 1.1) after use this method but the front dogbone was bent.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
This isn't at jayrodacer.

Why do so many people want to copy the professoinals setups? There's NO way they are going to work for them b/c these people are not professional racers. And even more amusing is when someone wants to use Racer X's setup for their home track. It is a waste of time and money to try and duplicate Racer X setup and apply it to your own driving style. I bet there have been a hundred post on this thread asking about HARA, MOORE, THAD, ect...When will the maddness end. Please folks, don't waste your time copying the pro's because you don't have new tires each run, and 1.20 cells, and 7x1 motors, and prototype speedos, and prototype drivetrains.
you miss the point that even with less power the setup is giong to be pretty close. just adjust slightly for less dynamics and you should be set.

how do you think you get better? asking people that are faster than you what they are doing (and why) will only make you faster yourself.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

I use pro drivers' setups as a base setup and play around with it to suit how I want it.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by floodo1
you miss the point that even with less power the setup is giong to be pretty close. just adjust slightly for less dynamics and you should be set.

how do you think you get better? asking people that are faster than you what they are doing (and why) will only make you faster yourself.
I definitely have to agree. Even in the local track, you ask the faster guys on their set-up and understand the dynamics that work on their car that might work for you. Since we don't know HARA and the other PRO guys, we can only rely on their set-up sheets.

Although everyone has a different driving style and one must match your driving style with your set-up, understanding the dynamics on the different adjustments you can make is the starting point - unless you want to do trial and error and record every change that happens whenever you adjust something.

Just my 2 cents worth
Old 11-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by floodo1

It takes a completely new setup when you go from stock to 19 turn. And that's about the difference between hara's equipment and the average joe's modified equipment.

Yes, you ask people AT your track. If those people are copying what hara did on a certain day in a specific track, then they are also lost on setup.

What you should do is go to the stock setup and adjust from there. The manual gives you enough helpful setup info that it should only take patience before you find the right setup.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If anyone is looking to get rid of their Pro4 look here. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=55246
Old 11-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: haras nats setup

Originally posted by jayrodracer
has anyone tried haras nats setup on asphalt with vht or just sugar water? how was it opposed to the stock one-way setup?? thanks
I use a slight variation of their set-ups on Sunday's, racing at the Coral Springs, Fl race track. I do run new tires every run, use 1.189 cells, Zero Extreme esc, with a 27 turn motor. Email me, or come and see me at the Coral Springs, Fl track.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys
I just got a pro4 and was curious about the rear diff. There seems to be alot of side to side play with the gear. Wont this cause problems with my gear mesh? Anyone else incountered this?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default tony what up

tony whats goin on...its jarrod from coral springs.....did u like the spool better than oneway? whats your email?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by jdawg53
guys
I just got a pro4 and was curious about the rear diff. There seems to be alot of side to side play with the gear. Wont this cause problems with my gear mesh? Anyone else incountered this?
Thanks
did you properly shim it?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Indoor Champs

So who's making the journey?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, I wasnt very clear before. I am talking about the gear floating on the diff balls. There is play in the gear on the balls from side to side not the entire diff. Someone told me that the original kits had a bad gear in it. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: tony what up

Originally posted by jayrodracer
tony whats goin on...its jarrod from coral springs.....did u like the spool better than oneway? whats your email?
Front one-way did not work for me. I installed a front diff and locked it. [email protected]
Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jdawg, what we've been talking about bad gear wise is the V1 front one-way gears that would strip easily. The diff rings should not be flush on the gear, otherwise the diff action would suffer.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: haras nats setup

Originally posted by coastaltony
I use a slight variation of their set-ups on Sunday's, racing at the Coral Springs, Fl race track. I do run new tires every run, use 1.189 cells, Zero Extreme esc, with a 27 turn motor. Email me, or come and see me at the Coral Springs, Fl track.
That's cool Sponsored Tony.

I'm a little too broke to come down and whip you, but feel free to come to Carolinarc and race me. Two Pro 4's would put on quite a show for the 3rd through 10th place racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.