R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #2386
Tech Initiate
 
Ronald B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 21
springs

what are the white springs that you can see on allmost all
photo's of the pro 4, do anybody now ?
Ronald B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #2387
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: springs

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronald B
what are the white springs that you can see on allmost all
photo's of the pro 4, do anybody now ?
most probably RaySpeed... I've seen it on there set-up sheets that I downloaded from the Japan site.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #2388
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Okay guys-lets see some laptimes and some comparison data between your old ride and the Pro4's!!! LIke I did 12.4 w/ my TC3-put the motor in the Pro4 and went yada, yada, yada!!!

YOu all have had them long enough!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #2389
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dreambrother
I probably would get the Twister, but I've only seen it at Horion Hobby and its out of stock. What race? I'm out of the loop.
I take that back. It's in stock now As good as the size is, I don't know if its worth it to get the setting adapter. Kinda pricey for the total package

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...?prod=HBS90000
dreambrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #2390
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dreambrother
I take that back. It's in stock now

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...?prod=HBS90000
and you can have it gift wrapped to your self...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #2391
Tech Addict
 
CraigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 503
Default

Any idea where to get a diff gear? Its not nice to have this $300 dollar awesome car only to have it sitting on the bench broken with no parts. I talked to HPI yesterday and they said they haven't had any complaints about the diff gears. There only advice was " Don't hit anything" well thats nice all but if I would have known I was going to hit something I would have avoided it. Help me out guys, my LHS came through on all the parts but the diff and diff gears.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #2392
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Any idea where to get a diff gear? Its not nice to have this $300 dollar awesome car only to have it sitting on the bench broken with no parts. I talked to HPI yesterday and they said they haven't had any complaints about the diff gears. There only advice was " Don't hit anything" well thats nice all but if I would have known I was going to hit something I would have avoided it. Help me out guys, my LHS came through on all the parts but the diff and diff gears.
Send me five dollas and I'll send you one.. brand new..boiled and lubed with ultralon.... ready to install...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #2393
Tech Addict
 
RKeasler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I was looking to get one but don't like this diff problem. If HPI doesn't have reps that have read this forum then they really don't care what the consumer thinks. If it is a problem then they need to acknowledge it and offer a real solution.
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #2394
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RKeasler
I was looking to get one but don't like this diff problem. If HPI doesn't have reps that have read this forum then they really don't care what the consumer thinks. If it is a problem then they need to acknowledge it and offer a real solution.
HPI does have reps that visit this forum every day... Erik is the designer of the pro4...and well aware of any problems. Thad HPI team driver is here once in a blue moon... and Frank former US HPI employee is here as well...

HPI has one of the best costomer service anywhere... don't expect to have problems solved overnight and parts out the next day... it has to be desinged, tested, tooling takes time.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #2395
Tech Addict
 
CraigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 503
Default

Erik did awesome job on the car. But I am surprised to see the gear problem because they have really out done themselves with this car.They have thought this one out very well. I can't stop looking at it. People that think Xray makes awesome stuff needs to look at the PRO4. I am not looking for them to fix it overnight. I understand manufacturing as good as anyone,but I just want a diff or some diff gear sets to replace what I break. Its hard to get something this good and NOT want to race it. Sorry for the lak of patience.
RC-zombie-Are you serious?

Last edited by CraigH; 03-16-2004 at 12:56 PM.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 PM   #2396
RCTech Member #2
 
TSR6's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,939
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RKeasler
I was looking to get one but don't like this diff problem. If HPI doesn't have reps that have read this forum then they really don't care what the consumer thinks. If it is a problem then they need to acknowledge it and offer a real solution.
RKeasler - I know HPI cares what we think. I get that impression from Erik reading this forum, and when I talked to him on the phone a little while back. He was very enthusiastic over how well I was liking the car. Being the designer of the Pro4, he really sounded as if I was talking about "his baby."

About the gears: I really know if it's going to be a big problem. I have broken one gear in what I beleive to be loosing a tooth a week before, and finally loosing a couple more the week later. I've had a couple other on-power hits in the weeks later with no gear breakages. I have about 6 full race days on my Pro4 now, including the WinterFest Nats @ Trackside. The one gear was the only breakage I have had on the car, and it is definately faster for me than what my XXX-S was, so at this point, I don't have any worries about the gears. If it really is a problem, I'm sure HPI will do it's best to correct it.

I really don't know how much can be done though, because when you think about it, it's mostly caused by the one-way diff. When you hit a wall on power, if the wheel locks up, it's a sudden jerk to the drivetrain. In other cars, such a hit can take out a $60 oneway bearing.

just something to think about..
__________________
Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:54 PM   #2397
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Erik did awesome job on the car. But I am surprised to see the gear problem because they have really out done themselves with this car.They have thought this one out very well. I can't stop looking at it. People that think Xray makes awesome stuff needs to look at the PRO4. I am not looking for them to fix it overnight. I understand manufacturing as good as anyone,but I just want a diff or some diff gear sets to replace what I break.
RC-zombie-Are you serious?
you have PM
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #2398
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Yes-we should all be thankful to a man named Shane Archer for providing a home where the likes of Eric Shauver, Blackstock Cyrul and the list goes on and on, that are on here to answer questions about the cars they have designed and race.

I am very excited to buy the pro4 in two weeks. Basically I am running only mod sedan on carpet/foam tires all summer long-so this poor cars gonna get abused!!! The issue with the front gear is solved-boil water- pour into a pyrex bowl and let them sit in the water and absorb some H2O!!

Take the poor Tamiya guys-they still havent solved the gear breakage issue with the EvoIII and its been a year (well-they might have solved it-but I am not 100% sure).

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:23 PM   #2399
Tech Addict
 
CraigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 503
Default

Ok your right Ray(notso.....) I for one would like to meet Erik. I would like to know more about his thoughts on why he did somethings certain ways.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #2400
Tech Fanatic
 
cartmen34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Yes-we should all be thankful to a man named Shane Archer for providing a home where the likes of Eric Shauver, Blackstock Cyrul and the list goes on and on, that are on here to answer questions about the cars they have designed and race.

I am very excited to buy the pro4 in two weeks. Basically I am running only mod sedan on carpet/foam tires all summer long-so this poor cars gonna get abused!!! The issue with the front gear is solved-boil water- pour into a pyrex bowl and let them sit in the water and absorb some H2O!!

Take the poor Tamiya guys-they still havent solved the gear breakage issue with the EvoIII and its been a year (well-they might have solved it-but I am not 100% sure).

Ray
I'm still considering getting this car, and the only thing that has stopped me is this gear breakage and lack of parts. Since the car is new, I'm sure the parts will be out eventually, that is not a problem. But I have a question about this method of boiling the gear....

Why a pyrex bowl? Why can you not let the gear sit in any bowl you have just laying around the house?

And also, and this is directly to rc-zombies, what is this ultralon you are using on the gear? Is it an Rc product (something I could get at the hobby shop)? What purpose does it serve? I'm guessing it's just some kind of lube right?

Thanks ahead of time for the answers guys!

Last edited by cartmen34; 03-16-2004 at 01:34 PM.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0