Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EP vs. IB 4200 Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

hey guys, I need a little help.. anyone can tell me exact weight of an EP4200 cell? I don't have weights around and it's pretty urgent.. Thanks in advance!
Its aprx 450grams w/deans connector installed.

Anyway, I did check my IB packs (5X) a few mins ago because my car lost its punch last weekend and found out that 3 out of 5 packs that I have has a dead cell on it my IB packs are not even two months old

I do use a discharging tray and discharging it at 1.2 volts/cell and Im only using a 27T BL motor and charging it at 5.5amps.

I don't remember having any problems like these when we had Sanyo 2000 mAh cells
Yep I agree

Last edited by Tomie; 09-22-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: typo error
Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'll look around for EPs next time.
Im not sure which one is better but I think they are the same...
Old 09-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by redbones
I re-checked the batt today, and found that the cell that had the low voltage is now 0V. the rest of the cells are still 1.3V...
Yes, i have same problem as you... and the same matcher
Old 09-22-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If the pack is not that old then email danny at [email protected] and he will take care of the dead cell for you.

EA
EA, why the cell like that? Is wrong maintance by user or the matcher get a bad cell from Intellect?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by echo
EA, why the cell like that? Is wrong maintance by user or the matcher get a bad cell from Intellect?
No you did nothing wrong if it was like that when new. With IB pushing the cells to their maximum performance level that most racers want it's a side effect that IB has yet to figure out how to fix 100% but they have gotten a lot better. There's not much a matcher or consumer can do to avoid this other than follow the reconmended storage methods and if one goes dead contact the matcher for replacements.

EA
Old 09-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tomie
Anyway, I did check my IB packs (5X) a few mins ago because my car lost its punch last weekend and found out that 3 out of 5 packs that I have has a dead cell on it my IB packs are not even two months old
Buy EP next time.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If the pack is not that old then email danny at [email protected] and he will take care of the dead cell for you.

EA
I bought some SMC a few years back, one of the cells was pooo, contacted kinetix where i got them, he in then turned me to Danny, Danny said he would replace the cell, then a new pack showed up with the current highest numbers!

cant beat that~