Search

2000 Battery vs 3000+

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2000 Battery vs 3000+

Hello all,

Have a noob question. I heard that the cell types have changed from 3000 and up. The new one are NIMH or something? Can anyone tell me what type of cells are in the 2000 and 3000's and the difference. I have 2000's with an old charger, I believe I have to upgrade my charger as well for the cells above 3000...?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddzc
Hello all,

Have a noob question. I heard that the cell types have changed from 3000 and up. The new one are NIMH or something? Can anyone tell me what type of cells are in the 2000 and 3000's and the difference. I have 2000's with an old charger, I believe I have to upgrade my charger as well for the cells above 3000...?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks
If you have old Nicds no one runs those anymore and you are right that your charger will more then likely not be able to handle the newer Nimh. The Nimh's are up to 4200 now and are somewhat touchy about care. You can't let them sit with a discharge and if you don't plan to run them for awhile, ie couple of weeks, you need to put charge back in them so they don't go bad. If you can find a company that still does Nicd's you may want to purchase those especially if you don't plan on racing and only want them for bashing.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply

Do you have any recommendations for decent priced chargers and batteries? I'll look around in the buy and sell section and grab some new batteries and a charger b/c i'm really out of date...I still run 1700 and 2000. I may have to upgrade my chassis too, I have an MR4TC...
Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddzc
Thanks for the reply

Do you have any recommendations for decent priced chargers and batteries? I'll look around in the buy and sell section and grab some new batteries and a charger b/c i'm really out of date...I still run 1700 and 2000. I may have to upgrade my chassis too, I have an MR4TC...
I would say stick with the car until you get back into enough to see if you still like it. Then you are not spending a lot of money to get back into racing. You can find LRP Pulsar chargers for a pretty decent price in the Trade/Sell forum. You may want to consider an equalizer tray if you decide to get side by side packs. If you are doing stick packs no need for the tray. I would just look for deals on the forum.