R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Question about my XXX-S

Ok I baught the Team Losi XXX-S Sport RTR II used from someone and there are no problems with it. I have a Couple of Questions.

#1. Im running the Novak 10.5 Brushless Motor in it and I would like it to be Faster without changing motors. Whats a Safe gearing to change it to?

#2. Im looking for an online manual to go for my JR Racing XR2i Radio. Can anyone find this for me?

#3. The car seems to be running slow maybe its just me but with my Novak super sport 10.5 ESC is it programmable? like can my ESC be blocking my speed or would it be the radio?

any info would help
RoseTuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Default Ideas

The absolute best thing you can do for yourself is invest sometime reading through the XXX-S specific thread on this forum. Almost every question you could possibly ask is answered and it contains literaly dozens of important tips.

Concerning instruction manuals check the web sites of the products.
Have you pulled the motor and checked out how smoothly the drive train works? Is their any binding at all?

Is it possible to test the speed control an the motor in a different car? Is it possible to try a different speed control and motor in this car?

>>>> If the Novack manual doesn't answer your question post a specific question on a thread devoted to brushless motors.

Are you looking to race this car or run it in the street or parking lot for fun?

Last edited by imjonah; 09-03-2007 at 07:12 AM. Reason: additional ideas
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #3

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

as for the manuals try:

http://www.rcdocuments.com/
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For the radio manual, it's right HERE
Old 09-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tfrahm

About the slow speed... The 10.5 should be plenty fast enough, so....

If the radio end point is turned down for the throttle, that would limit speed..
I would recommend resetting all the throttle settings to "normal" (no trim, 100% endpoint, etc.) and then resetting the speed control... (assuming the ESC is a Novak, they have downloadable manuals on their web site http://www.teamnovak.com/ )

I have a bonded rotor 10.5 in one of my XXX-S sedans, geared very conservatively at 22:90 for rubber tires at the local parking lot races (temp stays around 130 degrees F.) -- for a medium size track, this gearing works VERY well! with the bonded rotor, really watch motor temperatures -- keep it down around 130-150 to avoid problems with thermal shutdowns (and eventual degrading of the rotor condition).
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

if i may ask. where is this XXX-S specific area that your talking about?
RoseTuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTuned View Post
if i may ask. where is this XXX-S specific area that your talking about?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=XXXS Here is the XXXS thread you can peruse for all kinds of info.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote