Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

This version of car, run well with 4 cell NiMh ?, or is only for a Lipo batteries.
Here, at moment, nobody run with Lipo, but i think that may soon change that.

I run in asphalt, low grip tracks, i've raced with different chassis for now i run with CRC, some years, and now i thinking in a change, i see this car, an i like the desing, in performance words, think that this car may be equally or more competitive in these conditions?, or is best desing for carpet racing.

Thanks in advance, Luis C.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic
This version of car, run well with 4 cell NiMh ?, or is only for a Lipo batteries.
Here, at moment, nobody run with Lipo, but i think that may soon change that.

I run in asphalt, low grip tracks, i've raced with different chassis for now i run with CRC, some years, and now i thinking in a change, i see this car, an i like the desing, in performance words, think that this car may be equally or more competitive in these conditions?, or is best desing for carpet racing.

Thanks in advance, Luis C.
Hey Luis,

We offer the car with either the lipo chassis or the 4 cell chassis. The lipo chassis will allow you to run 4 cell also but does not have the for and aft battery adjustment of the 4 cell chassis. If you wanted to get the standard car and buy the lipo chassis seperate, you would have ultimate adjustability.

Our car excells on all surfaces. We have had alot of success on asphalt of all traction levels and also on carpet of all traction levels. You will really enjoy the car and its ease of adjustablity and also the ease of setup. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mark1976
Will the new lipo chasis work with the 12r or do i need the RR then the lipo chasis?
Hi,

there is a conversion kit available.

Look here:

http://www.bmiracing.com/webstore/ca...a24bae9fc9482d
Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jason, for the fast response.
The Ref. number is DB1000, for the 4 cells version of car, isnīt it?.
And when i decide to change from Lipo, i only need to change the chassis, in this version?.
Can i use the stabilizer bar in front, from Carpet Knife, (associated front end), in this car, i always have good feeling with it in my cars, gives steering and smooth front end.
Well finally, , can i use the springs for central shock, from Asso or CRC, are the same diameter, or is diferent.

And, the most important thing, can i pay with Paypal in your shop?.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Can i use the stabilizer bar in front, from Carpet Knife, (associated front end), in this car, i always have good feeling with it in my cars, gives steering and smooth front end.
Well finally, , can i use the springs for central shock, from Asso or CRC, are the same diameter, or is diferent.
Greetings, Luis C.
The stabilizer bar you refer to is the aluminum brace spanning the front upper arm mounts correct? If so, try the car without it first. You will be pleasantly surprised. The graphite BMI uses seems much stronger than what the other manufacturers use.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
The stabilizer bar you refer to is the aluminum brace spanning the front upper arm mounts correct? If so, try the car without it first. You will be pleasantly surprised. The graphite BMI uses seems much stronger than what the other manufacturers use.
Ok, i tested without it, but when i buy the car , thank you very much.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks Jason, for the fast response.
The Ref. number is DB1000, for the 4 cells version of car, isnīt it?.
And when i decide to change from Lipo, i only need to change the chassis, in this version?.

And, the most important thing, can i pay with Paypal in your shop?.

Greetings, Luis C.

Hey Luis,
DB1000 is the 4 cell car. You can upgrade to the lipo car with just the chassis plate. The front arm brace for the carpet knife will fit but we normally dont use one. The center shock spring from AE or CRC will work just fine. We do accept paypal payments. Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Luis C

The Ref. number is DB1000, for the 4 cells version of car, isnīt it?. And when i decide to change from Lipo, i only need to change the chassis, in this version?.
Do you know you can run 4 cells with the lipo chassis and just lose the ability to move the 4 cells?

Let us know how your testing goes!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tired Racer
Do you know you can run 4 cells with the lipo chassis and just lose the ability to move the 4 cells?

Let us know how your testing goes!
Yes, i know, but for now i only run with 4 cells, and i need the option to move the batteries, although almost always take the batteries forward, always run on asphalt tracks, with very different conditions, it is more than a setup.

Now it's time to get accounts, and to convince my wife , this car is necessary for win Nationals, , we will keep you informed.

Thanks, Luis C.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

I will be racing my new DB12RR lipo car in a 17.5 class. What would be the best way to get propper rollout for tih class? Would running the tire close to stock be the way to go or true down the tires and gear it to the moon?

The new Parma tires are 1.77in. (45mm) front and 1.85in. (47mm) rear.
Jaco tires are 1.88in. (47.7mm) front and 1.9in. (48.2mm) rear.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Khador12
I will be racing my new DB12RR lipo car in a 17.5 class. What would be the best way to get propper rollout for tih class? Would running the tire close to stock be the way to go or true down the tires and gear it to the moon?

Khador12,

On carpet, your tires are a bit large try 44.50 on the rear. Give yourself 2mm of set on the fronts (42.50). As for the roll out, it depends on the track length and how technical. On a 110' plus track you can start around 96 +/-. Don't forget to make your set up soft when running Lipo's.....

Viva Las Vegas.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khador12

Ive been cutting them to 1.7 front and 1.8 rear to start. Gives good bite and a pretty good feel. By time they get down to race hight (1.65 front and 1.75 rear) the car is ready to rock.

DK
Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone got a gearing suggestion for a 10.5 on LiPo? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Anyone got a gearing suggestion for a 10.5 on LiPo? Thanks.
With Sphere TC, over 58 mm, is good point for start, and for SPX 52-54 mm.

The kit go with front suspension spacers, and front upper suspension arm mount (dinamic caster blocks) set ?
What springs are in the kit, 0.20" in front and gold rear?
I need this information, for is not in the kit buy at same time.

I hope help you, Luis C.

Last edited by luic; 06-25-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Lord

With Sphere TC, over 58 mm, is good point for start, and for SPX 52-54 mm.

The kit go with front suspension spacers, and front upper suspension arm mount (dinamic caster blocks) set ?
What springs are in the kit, 0.20" in front and gold rear?
I need this information, for is not in the kit buy at same time.

I hope help you, Luis C.
Hey Luis,

Our car comes with our new .020 linear front springs and a gold shock spring. The flex plates are the standard thick ones. This is a very good starting point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.