Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
so has anyone had a hit with it and noticed the the car turns beter one way than the other
you know like in a t plate car you hit and fatigue the t plate but with this car you do it to the 2 plates.
just asking
In a year of testing we have never seen any tweak due to crashing. We have seen tweaks from collasped front springs but thats the same on any car no matter the brand.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stampede
I borrowed my buds DB for our club race today. Got to bust her cherry as he hadn't had a chance to rock it yet. All I have to say is OMFG! Beautiful car, carves the course like crazy.......did I mention OMFG!
Thats awesome bro. Thanks for the nice words.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
so has anyone had a hit with it and noticed the the car turns beter one way than the other
you know like in a t plate car you hit and fatigue the t plate but with this car you do it to the 2 plates.
just asking
Hey wally,

The plates are not under the stresses of a T bar. T bars are really under alot of stress because of the leverage the pod has over it. It is just a break waiting to happen. With the structure created from this rear end, it will take alot to fatigue the side plates. I am still yet to see a set fatigue. I have seen them break 1 or 2 times but when they did,it took out more than just the plates. It takes 1 serious hit to damage them. Other than that,the only time i have seen the car have a tweaked feel was from part failure such as collapsed front springs like adrian stated, bent king pins or broken parts of some sort. I will guarentee you that this is the most durable 1/12th on the market.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How are you guys measuring pod droop? On the setups sheets, theyre in millimeter but ive also seen it in degrees. Do you guys put the chassis on drop blocks and adjust the shock length until you get the correct droop measured with the droop gauge at the rear of the chassis?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
How are you guys measuring pod droop? On the setups sheets, theyre in millimeter but ive also seen it in degrees. Do you guys put the chassis on drop blocks and adjust the shock length until you get the correct droop measured with the droop gauge at the rear of the chassis?
That's the way I do mine. I don't of any other way to do it.
E
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Ya, I am clueless about everything with 12th scales.. I know they are fast, they run 8 minutes, they have 4 cells, and they have a stiff antenna!

So i know will be posting questions, or I can PM adrian

I need metric rollout starign points for Novak 13.5 and 10.5 please, need to order pinions. Is it safe to say i should use the spur that comes with the kit, or should i get a smaller one to allow for the bigger pinion rollouts?!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Lord

Measuring pod droop in degrees is a pain in the azz What we do is measure the ride height on a flat surface. Then we lift the car slowly from the ballstud on the pod top plate until the shock fully extends and starts to lift the car. You want to lift it until the rear wheels are just about to leave the ground and then measure your ride height at the same area. The difference between the 2 ride heights in mm will give you the droop amount.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

We ran the DB12R yesterday for the first time in a local carpet series race... qualified second and took second in the A. Pretty happy considering it was our first 12th scale race ever
The part I was most impressed with was that this car never tweaked. I balanced the car when I built it, by electronics placement, and never even checked for tweak. It took a lot of hits yesterday and never once tweaked
Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Thats great news. Congrats on such a good finish your first time out.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Lord

I went over to the state race down here today to watch the race and help out the team. Tim Potter took the win with his DB12R. It was so hot out there but it was nice to see the DB12R perform on such a large track. K Raceway is huge and real fast and the car performed really awesome
Congrats tim on a great performance.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
..... I will guarentee you that this is the most durable 1/12th on the market.
I can vouch for this statement I ran my car in our state race this weekend also. The first lap of practice on the back stretch, I hit a barrier, no pipe, no flapper but a 4x4x8 wood. The barrier won of course. The battery move forward breaking the locator, snapping the ball joint for the center shock, cracking the speedo case, and breaking the arms of the servo. It's a good thing I tape the battery also. Well I manage to put everything together againg but I had to run the servo flat on the chassis. Everything went ok for the first qualifier second qualifier didn't charge the battery. I asked Tim Potter to look at my car and he suggested some changes and I did that. Sunday morning practice the car felt great. I didn't touch. Third qualifier I lost one of the spacers for the flex plates put me out and my speedo started acting up so I decided not run the main.

I'm enjoying this car compared to my other 1/12. I just need to get more track time on and be more consistent.

Jason, I'll be putting an order in for some spares
Old 09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Lord

You should have stopped over buddy. I was working with Yangs car and i had spares in my box. Im glad your liking the car buddy. We have really been getting it working awesome on asphalt.

That track was so fast. I took yangs car out before the mains and i was able to pretty much drive it floored with a 19 turn. I can see the crashes being painfull ones. We have our fiberglass locator plates in stock now. After a few guys broke them i wanted to fix that. We didnt have that happen throughout the whole testing time running the car. It has to happen after the release The problem has been addressed though. I have now started including them in the kit.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
You should have stopped over buddy. I was working with Yangs car and i had spares in my box. Im glad your liking the car buddy. We have really been getting it working awesome on asphalt.

That track was so fast. I took yangs car out before the mains and i was able to pretty much drive it floored with a 19 turn. I can see the crashes being painfull ones. We have our fiberglass locator plates in stock now. After a few guys broke them i wanted to fix that. We didnt have that happen throughout the whole testing time running the car. It has to happen after the release The problem has been addressed though. I have now started including them in the kit.

Yeah, you should have come by. that was the only part that i did not have on my car that was not off of jason's.

Jason, Thanks for all the help this weekend. Asphault is definately a talent. And I don't have the talent. The car was good for the main, Wish I had it that way all weeekend. I might have been able to hang with the leaaders by the main.

Also, thank your wife for me. She was such a trooper to hang out while you worked on my car.

Florida sure has a great bunch of guys, I borrowed everything, but batts, car and chargers. oh wait, I borrowed most of jason's car for the main. lol

thanks again for a great weekend.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Asphalt is a whole different animal bro. You did pretty friggin good especially with the strange traction conditions. Once we decarpetized your car it was game on. . I would have liked to see you with some more wheel time. I think you really would have trimmed the lap times even more. Picking up 5 laps is a big improvement bro. You looked real good out there.
It was nice to get to meet you bro. Those guys are real fast asphalt 1/12th guys. My wife was burning up. It is so hot when you go inland in florida. It actually wasnt that bad when i got back over here.
She is a trooper. She had fun, she just gets anxious to leave when its real hot out.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just got back from the carpet track, day of rubber tire sedan testing, and running 1/12 for the first time in 7 or 8 years (Except for a couple packs at IIC 2 years ago, but that was more of crashing than running)

Adrian was cool enough to send me his car so I could try it out and get a feel for it before I got one of my own. Put it on the track, and after a pack or two I was up to speed. I didnt make one change to the car all day, just put it down and ran pack after pack (7 in all) without checking tweak or anything. I ended up crashing once that I would have thought would tweak the car or bend something, but nothing at all, just kept running like before it happened.

I'm gonna see if I can get into the IIC, because after running today, I think I might be able to do pretty well if I get a chance to run there.

Awesome car Jason and Adrian!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.