Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Any will do...the RC ones are just fancier
Old 04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Any glass fiber tape will do or do I have to get those RC oriented color ones? Last time I used tape was back in the '80s but all we had back then was the generic glass fiber tape from the hardware store.
Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The RC specific tape last a lot longer, and doesn't tangle so easy
It's worth it
Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Okay, thats good to know.

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
The RC specific tape last a lot longer, and doesn't tangle so easy
It's worth it
I would get them but TQ is out of stock on all of them.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Okay, thats good to know.

I would get them but TQ is out of stock on all of them.
I'm sure Sean will have it soon.

But if you need it now, Speedtechrc has it
Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I'm sure Sean will have it soon.

But if you need it now, Speedtechrc has it
Would prefer to get it from Sean at the track. I'll just go with the generic for now to practice this Sat.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Be sure to round off the edges of the chassis where the tape passes over it. You might want to use a piece of double sided or servo tape under the pack for a bit of extra security. Again if you need flex plates PM Jason, he may have some or know who does even if they're not on the site.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am sure Jason has what you need, and if not, will figure out how to help you. He has been off the boards as of late due to the birth of his son.

I picked up a DB12R a while back and I have finally been able to get it running recently. So far things have been okay but as I get more and more into tuning this thing for my track, I'm beginning to find some some problems.

First of all, I am seriously behind on the learning curve for all things BMI and have just read back through many pages dating all the way to early '08 between the development of the single "R" and the double "R".

First problem: I am using 1s lipo with the o-ring to hold it in place. The lipo is pushed all the towards the back with the electronics holding it in front. The problem was that the rear end was not so free and seem to bind a bit in its movement. I notice its because the lipo case is pushing against the "hockey sticks" that is causing this binding. I need to move the battery more forward and find some way to hold it in the rear to keep it from binding on the suspension links.

Second problem: The chassis I have uses the two piece battery brace/ body mount holder. I notice that there is some flexing between the two sides. Other cars like CRC, Speedmerchant and etc. don't have this problem because of the tweak plate that braces the chassis in the rear. Is it okay to have this flexing?

It looks like the solution, after looking back on this thread, is the one piece battery brace. I found two different ones. One with the extra hole and the other without the extra hole. My chassis doesn't have the extra hole but I can probably drill the extra hole if need be. Just wondering if I need or want the brace with the extra hole or not. What are the advantages to mounting the suspension links on the extra hole?

Also, BMI doesn't show suspension links available on their website. Is it just not listed and maybe they still have left over stock to sell? I'm looking for the super thin ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just FYI if anyone is interested I may be selling a BMI DB12RR w/ tons of spare suspension bits, and an R5 front end. Just got essentially 2 new V-Dezign cars I am going to be running coming up and the BMI isnt going to be used much. PM me if interested. Not sure I am going to sell it yet as I love the car, just dont need it though.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Different chassis need help

hi all, i need some help i have 2 chassis the left one of the pic is the standard chassis but the one on the right is a different one the problem i have got is that i cant fit a normal size servo or a low profile servo due to the width going from hole to hole.

does anyone know what size servo will fit the chassis on the right side of the pic.
cheers..
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-imag0065.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Edit: didnt remember I posted above already about this.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Clegg
Edit: didnt remember I posted above already about this.
you on about my post for yours?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mavrick2k5
hi all, i need some help i have 2 chassis the left one of the pic is the standard chassis but the one on the right is a different one the problem i have got is that i cant fit a normal size servo or a low profile servo due to the width going from hole to hole.

does anyone know what size servo will fit the chassis on the right side of the pic.
cheers..
All 1/12 cars are made to run with mini sized servos. The cars are not designed to run standard sized servos for 1/10 cars. The most popular of the mini sized servo is the Futaba. Next is the KO and JR also makes one that is suitable.

The four hole chassis fits my KO 949Ics servo perfectly.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Initiate

All 1/12 cars are made to run with mini sized servos. The cars are not designed to run standard sized servos for 1/10 cars. The most popular of the mini sized servo is the Futaba. Next is the KO and JR also makes one that is suitable.

The four hole chassis fits my KO 949Ics servo perfectly.
cheers mate, time to go shopping can't wait to race this car again.
thanks for your help
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys. I have the bmi 12rr. with lipo chassis.

was wondering if anyone might have a great asphalt mod ( yes mod and on asphalt) set up .

I will probably starting with a 10.5 then going down as my skills increase.

I normally run 17.5 boost on carpet.

Our club decided to have some fun this summer and run mod for us faster guys that are looking for a challenge. I have run 19 and 13.5 in the past but this will be a fun experience.

So any help would be great.

thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Echo???????????

Anyone still running this car?

Looking at a deal for one.. OR a CRC GENX XL - the BMI comes with lots of spares.. the XL none.. but in my area no one runs BMI..

Is this car easy to run and setup? I know its moved onto the copperhead.. but is that because there was issues with this car?

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.