Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ride height

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb ride height

I am new to the electric touring car side of RC fun! How do you adjust the ride height on lets say a TC5? Help please...thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

turn the top shock collars... just be carefull that you drop screws are turned up far enough... other wise you will turn the collar and just preload the spring with no change in ride height... be sure to re adjust droop
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

If your knowledge of the cars is a bit limited, then maybe a full blown tourer like the TC5 is a bit too complicated and you are likely to end up with a horrible set up. You might be better off starting with something like a Tamiya TT01, they are still good kits, but the options are more limited, so less to get wrong, and then you can then progress from there.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Well its kind of too late i have bought the tc5 and motor. No turning back now just need to learn the ropes and all the lingo. I am willing to learn just need some assistance. Were exactly do you check the ride height and/or droop?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can use a droop gauge, can buy em in most hobby shops, I just use a ruler :P. And heh, I suggest you do get a TT01 or some other shaft car belts are really bad for beginners :P
Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would highly recommend getting XXX-main book or getting ahold of an Xray set-up book.

Originally Posted by QueBall727
Well its kind of too late i have bought the tc5 and motor. No turning back now just need to learn the ropes and all the lingo. I am willing to learn just need some assistance. Were exactly do you check the ride height and/or droop?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Queball

Check your PM...
Old 07-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

not to sound like a brat, but this used to al be very clearly explained in the last few pages of associated manuals.. is it not anymore?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by QueBall727
You'll be just fine with that car. Check out the Xray T2 setup book. The T2 and TC5 are very similar cars.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525

That'll give you a good idea of what order and how to set up a car. If you can get your hands on the XXXMain book it's awesome.

You really need a ride height gauge and a camber gauge of some sort. If you can find a ride height gauge with a scale on the back to measure chassis up travel, known as droop, you'll be set. A tweak scale would be the next thing you can pick up.

Come back if you've got any questions.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey QueBall,

I agree, you've got the right car. I think that you should start at the top (regarding kit quality) and not have to work your way up. Just work hard to get out of the novice class at racing and learn along the way.

Regarding setup: Use a set up from the Associated website for conditions that are similar to the ones that you will be driving on - low/high grip carpet, asphalt, foam or rubber tires etc. Pay special attention to the set up sheet and get everything on your car correct. Then learn to drive, only worry about camber, ride height and droop. If you run rubber tires, you wont have to change the droop or ride height (initially), but check them when you are setting up to drive anyway.

Also read through the TC5 thread on this site. There are some good tips and plenty of people who can help you there.

Good luck with the new car. It is really awesome!!!