Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters. >

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Actually there have been events where the top three in Masters were actually faster than the top 3 in STOCK!! Let's see, Eli Ezrow, Chuck Lonergan, Frank Calandra, Bob VanWagner, Skip Starkey, Jim Piersol, Tom Esposito. Damn you're right, no real competition there.
Show me the results. I would bet you can't. And if that is the case then why are they racing the "Old Guy" class? I dont see Barry Bonds asking for a masters baseball class. At the age of 40 your body is not all shriveled up and deformed. There are probably 100 players in every sport including hockey that are over 40. Masters class is a cop out plain and simple. People would rather dominate masters than race for their trophy in stock.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
What do you guys think "OLD" is anyway?
Junior. Everyone else is a young pup compared to him!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk
People can do whatever they want but, a whole room full of masters trophies doesn't equal one regular trophy.

People can continue to race the watered down classes and dominate, but they have to live with knowing that they avoided the real competition.

When I race I dont like winning only casue the fast guys arent racing my class.

You only have race and win a Master`s ,then say that....

Its not a watered down class and it has been part of the National program for decades as well..
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Show me the results. I would bet you can't. And if that is the case then why are they racing the "Old Guy" class? I dont see Barry Bonds asking for a masters baseball class. At the age of 40 your body is not all shriveled up and deformed. There are probably 100 players in every sport including hockey that are over 40. Masters class is a cop out plain and simple. People would rather dominate masters than race for their trophy in stock.
Ha Ha

RC on Steroids. Now that's funny

Never see the Nascar guys being told they can't run Busch series so why would it matter in the RC world?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's happened at the Indoor Champs, and the Nats a number of times, don't need to post results to prove it. A ton of people in this thread were there when it happened, and one of the recent posters was a guy that did it.

It's the truth, and I'm not defending the class because I run it, I've got quite a few years left before I get to that lofty plateau
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Leave us old guys alone. Maybe you want a Super Masters class for over 55- I'll go for that. But I'll still be losing to the overall leader in our series and he's grey just like me.
I'll go for that, also. And when I turn 60, I want a Super Duper Masters class.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm by no means saying anyone should be forced out of anything. It's your money spend it how you like. What I am saying is I WOULD NEVER race a class that I knew I would win every year just to get the trophy.

Oh and Cypress, without hard results your claims are pointless. Here's a little story for you. I'm golfing its starts to rain hard. We move to a shelter. A man pulls up in a cart by himself and my friend asks the guy how hes hitting the ball. That man says I eagled 2 holes of the first 10. I said, I eagle alot of holes when I golf myself too.

Picture this 20 years from now Tiger Woods is still at the top of his game, won 4 of the last 5 tournaments. Turns 50 years old. Does he move to the Senior tour. NO casue why move up and play something noone cares about when you can still compete with men at the top of their game.

Lets just make a class for every age so we can have 50 winners noone cares about.

Last edited by Mr. Mxyzptlk; 07-03-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Not sure what "Mr. Mxyzptlk" beef with Masters is and not really sure that I care! I didn't create the class, just old enough to run it though. It's a real bitch when someone is good at something and some joker has to negate the talent! Oh well, carry on fellow racer. I'm sure when you get old enough, you may want in on the fun!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not sure what "Mr. Mxyzptlk" beef with Masters is and not really sure that I care! I didn't create the class, just old enough to run it though. It's a real bitch when someone is good at something and some joker has to negate the talent! Oh well, carry on fellow racer. I'm sure when you get old enough, you may want in on the fun!
Say Dat!!!

...are you running the paved nats?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

I have no problem with masters I actually think it's a great idea if used properly. Ya I know the age limit is the only real decider if you can run masters or not. But, another factor should be personal pride. I don't dislike the masters class at all. I dislike the people that only run masters casue they can win easily. Its an old school term called cherry picking. You dont see Professional card players entering your local firehall tournaments for 10 dollars casue a real competitor likes to play/race with the best not the people that you know you can beat with one eye closed. Its similar to "pro" racers running stock at a local level, whats the point. This is my last post on this subject its not worth my fingers getting sore over what I guess they themselves consider old farts.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Too many have a sourpuss attitude about this stuff. No wonder we have trouble filling the ranks.

I truly believe this thread was meant as a joke. Take it like that and laugh with the rest of us....or not and prove my first sentence.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What do you guys think "OLD" is anyway?
"OLD" is when they pound that last nail in your coffin!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

:lol :
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm by no means saying anyone should be forced out of anything. It's your money spend it how you like. What I am saying is I WOULD NEVER race a class that I knew I would win every year just to get the trophy.

Oh and Cypress, without hard results your claims are pointless. Here's a little story for you. I'm golfing its starts to rain hard. We move to a shelter. A man pulls up in a cart by himself and my friend asks the guy how hes hitting the ball. That man says I eagled 2 holes of the first 10. I said, I eagle alot of holes when I golf myself too.

Picture this 20 years from now Tiger Woods is still at the top of his game, won 4 of the last 5 tournaments. Turns 50 years old. Does he move to the Senior tour. NO casue why move up and play something noone cares about when you can still compete with men at the top of their game.

Lets just make a class for every age so we can have 50 winners noone cares about.
Sorry I can't pull the results outta my @$$. I'm the guy who announced a few of those events, and distinctly remember stating that the Masters TQ was faster than the Stock TQ by three tenths at one of them. I guess it's possible I dreamed that though. How many big Carpet events have you been to in the last ten years? Enjoy your day....
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Yeah Ian... I second that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.