Wiki Posts
Search

BL motors : Why wye?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
If you're having problems with the size of the brushed speedo in your Type R then I don't think there's much chance of finding a brushless speedo that will fit other than on its side. It's possible to make the speedos smaller than the GTB's and LRP's etc BUT to make them smaller AND reliable is not easy.. but that's not to say it's not possible.. there are always new and better speedos being developed

Regarding the problems of Brushless and LiPo etc fragmenting classes, it's something we're going to have to go through. Technology will always change and develop, things are forever changing in racing. We just have to hope the changes make for better racing with more people competing in the future.
I don't have an issue with the speedo, it is more on how narrow Losi chose to make that chassis. My GTX fits on it fine, just the way I have it on there the wire side actually over hangs the chassis. I will be investing in a micro receiver for it eventually for it totally over hangs the chassis. My only thought on the size was if these chassis's keep getting smaller there will be little room to put equipment on them.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The next step will be to make the chassis deck a printed circuit board. Just you wait.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I don't have an issue with the speedo, it is more on how narrow Losi chose to make that chassis. My GTX fits on it fine, just the way I have it on there the wire side actually over hangs the chassis. I will be investing in a micro receiver for it eventually for it totally over hangs the chassis. My only thought on the size was if these chassis's keep getting smaller there will be little room to put equipment on them.
That's the problem, if the equipment gets smaller the car designers make their new chassis just that little bit more narrow and you end up with even less room to put everything on. Now with brushless speedos being larger than the brushed ones there's a need for smaller more compact ESC's, so far none have appeared they're all quite large and bulky. It has to be said there is scope for a reduction in the size of the speedos!