Search

Keyence Rapida Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Keyence Rapida Pro

Hey,

Ive got a Keyence Rapida Pro and in the instruction manual it says i need to put capacitors on the motor between the + and - terminal, between the + and the motor case, and between the - and the motor case.......why do i need to do this and is it necessary? it also says "make sure to connect the included noise-suppression capacitor to the motor, If not you may damage the ESC"............has anyone ever run it without them on and what has happened?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by surrealmaterial
Hey,

Ive got a Keyence Rapida Pro and in the instruction manual it says i need to put capacitors on the motor between the + and - terminal, between the + and the motor case, and between the - and the motor case.......why do i need to do this and is it necessary? it also says "make sure to connect the included noise-suppression capacitor to the motor, If not you may damage the ESC"............has anyone ever run it without them on and what has happened?

Thanks
i have couple friends using rapida pro and they are not using any pwr cap and it works very well
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

The capacitors your are describing arent power caps there interference stopping caps. I wouldnt think running without them would damage the esc but you may get interference. What motor is it? most have them built in nowadays.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

the keyence rapida pro was used to TQ an win the snowbirds sunday in Stock foam TC.

schreff TQ
L fairtrace Won
Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ian S
The capacitors your are describing arent power caps there interference stopping caps. I wouldnt think running without them would damage the esc but you may get interference. What motor is it? most have them built in nowadays.
at the moment i am using a 540 motor but soon i will be using a CO27 stock motor........
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
the keyence rapida pro was used to TQ an win the snowbirds sunday in Stock foam TC.

schreff TQ
L fairtrace Won
Also won the 19T foam TC class G main.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

i just got my keyence rapida pro, and the guy i bought it off gave me a 25v 2200uf capacitor, is it ok to run it with this capacitor?