Wiki Posts
Search

difference in building style mamba / lrp

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
wrxnfx, Thanks, you are dead on with that statement.

Later,
Crash, how does a second shift machine operator at CC know so much?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default FYI

What "EMF" means:

"A voltage source provides electrical energy or electromotive force (emf) more commonly known as voltage." (Floyd, Electric Circuit Fundamentals, pg. 30)

The magnet passing by the coils induces a current, which is read on the various phase wires. It's not really a guess as much as a different style of sensor.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyreguy
Crash, how does a second shift machine operator at CC know so much?
First of all I am not a second shift machine operator, I am the main SMT programmer and operator. How do I know so much, because I talk with the engineers almost everyday and the tech guys and learn as much as I can about all of this new technology.

Thanks to Pat, Rich, Jonathan and Joe for all their help. By the way if I don't know the answer I won't answer, but I will go ask and get the answer.

By the way I am a racer, I race 2 times a week carpet foam and rubber on-road.

So just who are you?

Later,
Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you understand electronics, it doesn't really take too much to figure out how sensorless works vs. sensored. However, Crash has been providing this forum with some very helpful information and we should welcome any support that these manufacturers are providing on these forums. Just remember to keep the peace as information is knowledge and no one can take that knowledge away from you.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

What's "SMT"? Just wondering...
Old 01-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

I for one, am no electronics genius for sure...I just wanted to clear up any confusion about what "EMF" meant. I took a basic ac/dc circuits class for fun at the local JC last semester and I picked up some pretty useful trivia.

Originally Posted by wrxnfx
If you understand electronics, it doesn't really take too much to figure out how sensorless works vs. sensored. However, Crash has been providing this forum with some very helpful information and we should welcome any support that these manufacturers are providing on these forums. Just remember to keep the peace as information is knowledge and no one can take that knowledge away from you.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

I'm no electronics genius either. I just want everyone to be able to discuss the opinions, theories, explanations, information, and ideas. The key is discussion and not condemning or arguing. Everyone is entitled to their views & opinions. These forums are here to generate discussion and promote sharing of ideas and information.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Crash, it is very much apprecitated. So much so, im almost ready to buy one.. Just waiting on the update so I can run my Reedy Neo motors. Thanks again.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rcdoug, bad news: Castle just released (earlier this week) their latests updates, and there was no Mamba Max update. These releases seem to happen every 3 months or so.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

I'm no electronics genius either. I just want everyone to be able to discuss the opinions, theories, explanations, information, and ideas. The key is discussion and not condemning or arguing. Everyone is entitled to their views & opinions. These forums are here to generate discussion and promote sharing of ideas and information.
Did I fall asleep and miss an argument??? Damn...LOL...

I was just clarifying what "EMF" meant. You referred to it and someone else tried to explain it...and did a pretty good job of it, but got the acronym wrong. I just explained the acronym and what the term "EMF" means. There's been no arguing on my part. This has been very useful to me...I just bought a 7700 setup and I was wondering how it worked.

One fast SOB for sure...LOL

Anyone run a 7700 with a Peak 4800? Will it make 10 minutes in a touring car?

I know power won't be a problem, I just want to make time.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
What's "SMT"? Just wondering...
Surface Mount Technology, the machines that actually place the components on the circuit boards.

Later,
Old 01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
rcdoug, bad news: Castle just released (earlier this week) their latests updates, and there was no Mamba Max update. These releases seem to happen every 3 months or so.
One more coming, very very soon. I promise, it is being worked on.

Later and thanks,
Old 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CRASH
Surface Mount Technology, the machines that actually place the components on the circuit boards.

Later,
That was my first guess, but I didn't want to look like a dumbass...LOL...well...any more that usual. I'd really like to see how that works in person sometime.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

I've seen some videos of the surface mount machines making Rockford Fosgate amplifiers way back in the day. You would be surprised how quickly they can make an amp. Basically, it only took a matter of minutes. I guess that's why a lot of electronics are so cheap to manufacture and then if it breaks they just give you a new one vs. giving it to a technician on hourly pay to repair. Due to the smaller size of the components, the electronics are allowed to be much smaller, more effecient, and create less heat for a fraction of the price. The initial investment is on the manufacturer to buy the machines.

turbo joe, I was just worried that an argument was about to start and then this thread would just turn into two guys trying to outcredit each other.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

turbo joe, I was just worried that an argument was about to start and then this thread would just turn into two guys trying to outcredit each other.
That's why I cited the actual source and tried to explain it as best I could, as I know many of these discussions turn into semantic pissing contests. I was just trying to offer a straight-forward definition of the term as a means to help explain how these things work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.