Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
I would like to run my spool more but it really tears up my idler gears if I hit anything. I know a spool would be faster for me but I get tired of changing out the gear.
Really? That's too bad. I haven't had any problems with the gears...yet...
Ran with the spool today on a high bite high speed asphalt track in L.A. Car was so dialed in 19turn that It won the a-main too... although I had a little help because the race program ran late and the TQ's car was too dark so he got stuck on a pipe or something to let me sneak by. That's why I always run with atleast 1 flourescent color in my paintjob.

So shimming the idler tighter doesn't help any? Even if it might be a little louder?
Old 11-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default Mounting shell on R3

I remeber JDM_DOHC_SiR said something about using a Protoform Mazda 6 body, then the 2 rear body post need mount on the front of the rear plate..

Just want to know which body shells dont need to change the setting of the mount pole (from the manual given mounting position) ???

Will the Tamiya B4 body ok with it??

Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Its not a big deal to switch the posts around.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
Really? That's too bad. I haven't had any problems with the gears...yet...
Ran with the spool today on a high bite high speed asphalt track in L.A. Car was so dialed in 19turn that It won the a-main too... although I had a little help because the race program ran late and the TQ's car was too dark so he got stuck on a pipe or something to let me sneak by. That's why I always run with atleast 1 flourescent color in my paintjob.

So shimming the idler tighter doesn't help any? Even if it might be a little louder?
Next time I run asphalt in a few weeks I will try the spool again and shim the gears a little tighter and see what happens.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally posted by weaponx
Its not a big deal to switch the posts around.
no.no..

because I need to mount my rear damper on the outermost hole,.. so if i swith the body mounting pole to the front... then the damper will blocking the way, and hence i cant mount the body pole in the front of the rear plate....

thats why i need to find out which body will fit it... with out blocking the wing.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by chappi
no.no..

because I need to mount my rear damper on the outermost hole,.. so if i swith the body mounting pole to the front... then the damper will blocking the way, and hence i cant mount the body pole in the front of the rear plate....

thats why i need to find out which body will fit it... with out blocking the wing.
I know the Mazda needs to have the rear mount switched to the front but the Stratus you can run the rear mount to the back. I'm going to go back the Stratus for that reason.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Mounting shell on R3

Originally posted by chappi
I remeber JDM_DOHC_SiR said something about using a Protoform Mazda 6 body, then the 2 rear body post need mount on the front of the rear plate..

Just want to know which body shells dont need to change the setting of the mount pole (from the manual given mounting position) ???

Will the Tamiya B4 body ok with it??

You really should try out the New ALEX M6 Body then.... handles like the Proto Mazda...and also the Ride MKII Status.. since it kind of a blend of the 2 bodies and you will not have to worry about the Body posts being switched around..
-Dave
Old 11-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

hey dave u tryed the rayspeed accord? or have any news about its handling?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Mounting shell on R3

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You really should try out the New ALEX M6 Body then.... handles like the Proto Mazda...and also the Ride MKII Status.. since it kind of a blend of the 2 bodies and you will not have to worry about the Body posts being switched around..
-Dave
Guess I have to try one for my next paint order If I ever gets to see the first one Did you ship it by banaboat ??

Just finished of shimming two bevelgears in alu- shaftholders for a friend We'll see if it works with a little less noise

Your high-grip setup post works very well with minor modification on carpet btw
Old 11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by John_S
hey dave u tryed the rayspeed accord? or have any news about its handling?
I have yet to try the Rayspeed one.. but I have tried the EXCEL and Ride Accord and they are very nice.... needless to say I will not be using many Status bodies anymore... the Accord from Ride is very similar to the Rid MKII but with better turn in and mid to exit steering
-Dave
Old 11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Mounting shell on R3

Originally posted by stjerno
Guess I have to try one for my next paint order If I ever gets to see the first one Did you ship it by banaboat ??

Just finished of shimming two bevelgears in alu- shaftholders for a friend We'll see if it works with a little less noise

Your high-grip setup post works very well with minor modification on carpet btw
This week you should have all 6 of them

also good to hear that the R3 setup works on Carpet too .. it"s a really stable good set up that I like to run
-Dave
Old 11-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mounting shell on R3

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
This week you should have all 6 of them

also good to hear that the R3 setup works on Carpet too .. it"s a really stable good set up that I like to run
-Dave
I got the PAL steering rack installed in my R3 and finaly got all the steering I could ask for Now I'm not going to take any steering away for now (just got it ) but I think I'm scrubbing to much speed in the corners .. any ideas ?

Oh.. I'm running 4 deg of toe in the rear .. should I go down to 3 .. 2 ??

Thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mounting shell on R3

Originally posted by stjerno
I got the PAL steering rack installed in my R3 and finaly got all the steering I could ask for Now I'm not going to take any steering away for now (just got it ) but I think I'm scrubbing to much speed in the corners .. any ideas ?

Oh.. I'm running 4 deg of toe in the rear .. should I go down to 3 .. 2 ??

Thanks
Man!! Lay off the rear toe in ... thats where your more than likley looseing your cornering speed.. try around 2.5 deg toe in in the rearand also on a side note what body are you running..?? it might be the body also... you really should have someone paint up a few new M6 bodies or a couple of Ride Accords

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-picture-009.jpg  
Old 11-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

anybody do any modification on bodyposts mounting? Saw some drivers remove the rear bodyposts from rear tower to chassis directly. I suppose this for less body roll??
No pics...
Old 11-16-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by GTO2
anybody do any modification on bodyposts mounting? Saw some drivers remove the rear bodyposts from rear tower to chassis directly. I suppose this for less body roll??
No pics...
Most of the people that are doing this in Japan are doing this so they can run the rear shocks more vertical...that is the only benifit .. I can see from doing that mod

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.