Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by lee82gx
i actually had less ackermann(i think) where the angles are more similar,meaning the wheels are more parallel.
Now,the inside wheel turns much more compared to the outside which gives more turning in a more exponential way.
I'm not too sure on my explanation though,as this is also murky for me.All i do know is the car turns more aggressively.
What did u change? I would like more agressive steering on mine as well.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

If you want more agressive steering, try moving both front and rear wishbones full backwards, use green springs on front and blue on rear.

Had Ben Cosgrove trying my car today and he said he liked it
Old 03-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Big props to lil Alex S. for winning 19T and stock at the ROAR California state carpet champs today. I qualified 4th in mod sedan and then drove like a blind man in the main I believe Mo ended up in the top 5 but not sure exactly where. Matt Francis won it and Chris Tosolini finished 2nd
Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Were all the Team Yokomo Drivers running the CGM car? Chris has been fast on the rug this season...maybe a Yokomo Natl Champ...

MO- thanks for the CGM setup sheet. I see you are running Rayspeed pistons, how do they compare to stock? Trying to duplicate your setup with stock pistons any help would be great.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, which chassis were the top SD guys running?
Old 03-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by forty6
Yeah, which chassis were the top SD guys running?
Probally some super secret chassis they don't want us to know about.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Probally some super secret chassis they don't want us to know about.
Everybody was running the CGM. No secret stuff going on, except for the new Clingon warp drive.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Big props to lil Alex S. for winning 19T and stock at the ROAR California state carpet champs today. I qualified 4th in mod sedan and then drove like a blind man in the main I believe Mo ended up in the top 5 but not sure exactly where. Matt Francis won it and Chris Tosolini finished 2nd
Yeah, Alex drove the wheels off that thing!
Matt showed up with no practice on Saturday and ran the last qualifer and ended up 4th, that was some driving too! Everybody with a Yoke did very well. It's only going to get better.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alex showed us why he's the man again today. Congrats to him on both of his wins. I'm happy that I did as well as I did with the little time that I've had with the new car.

POPS- Are you guys racing this weekend? John Scott is coming out for some mod action so you know that the rest of us are going to follow.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pops
Everybody was running the CGM. No secret stuff going on, except for the new Clingon warp drive.
lol

Klingon
Old 03-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
lol

Klingon
don't give the old man crap for his spelling......I'm always in his head and it looks like he started to spell my name...
Old 03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pops
I was being sarcastic.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

ACKERMAN.

Yes LEE82. You are correct. More Ackerman means wheels further from parallel at full lock. Less ackerman means wheels nearer to parallel at full lock.

More ackerman should give more agressive steering. Plenty of ways of getting there.

1. As someone already said, move your front axle forward (play with bottom arm spacers).
2. Shorten or lenghten steering arms.
3. Move pivot points forward or back - as in Rayspeed chassis.
4. Redrill holes in steering arms on hubs.
5. Use steering levers with different geometry.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways.

CONGRATS.

Congratulations on Yokes latest successes in the U.S. Did I get this right: 1st in Stock. 1st in 19 turn. 2nd in Mod.

That's a pretty decent result.

CGM.

We had a CGM running for the first time here, yesterday. The driver is a new guy - this is his 3rd race meeting, yet he ended up 4th in all 3 finals.

The car was impressive. Easily fastest in a straight line, and really clinging in the corners. He was actually leading at one point. A more experienced driver would have won with it. And it's absolutely stock.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got home from my first CGM race in Eskilstuna, After just 4 packs of practicing i qualified in 4th in the A Main in 12turn modified.
The CGM is MUCH more responsive then the SSG, more high speed turning. Everything about the car is better i think
btw, Finished the race in 4th, had a chance in finishing 2nd but the car behind me smacked me to the barriers in the 2nd main and i broke a hub carrier
Old 03-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by STLNLST
Alex showed us why he's the man again today. Congrats to him on both of his wins. I'm happy that I did as well as I did with the little time that I've had with the new car.

POPS- Are you guys racing this weekend? John Scott is coming out for some mod action so you know that the rest of us are going to follow.
It's spring time and it's asphalt. Where else would we be but at Speedworld... see you guys there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.